Mueller shifts to Tony Podesta, Democratic lobbying firm

So what's the conflict of interest? Do you think he's going to take Comey's testimony at face value without investigating?

Doesn't matter what I think. One could reasonably think this. Mueller and Comey have been attached fro a long time career wise and have a close personal relationship. Someone more removed from the situation should be in charge.

There's nothing odd about suggesting this.

This whole narrative went out the window when the chucklefuck in chief went full retard on twitter and made his subordinates have to tell the truth for once.

If one wanted to see the chuckle-fuck-in-chief politically damaged or tried criminally if warranted, then one should support an investigation not easily shrugged off as a partisan hit job or riddled with conflicts of interest.

He's the special counsel, he doesn't need credibility beyond that bestowed upon him by congress and the Attorney General. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he's any less credible than he was at the beginning.

Of course he does. And while I individually matter not, if enough people agree with me, then of course it damages his credibility.

Yeah, the matter being investigated is Russian interference in the election (and possible collusion by domestic actors), not suspected impropriety of a deal authorized by a former president of the United States. You appear to be confused as to what's actually being looked into, hopefully that clarifies things.

No need to be condescending. I'm disagreeing with you, not attacking you. But no, I'm not confused about what is being looked into. Mueller's purview is quite broad in this case, including the words "and any other matters". He can look into pretty much anything he'd like.

But Mueller's possible involvement with previous Russian collusion with high ranking government officials hamstrings his ability to bring all Russian contacts and ties together. It's an obvious conflict of interest.

Anyone who really wants to get to the bottom of several different Russian involvements with top US politicians should insist that the investigator not be materially involved in any of them. Right?

I mean, if you want to act like Mueller is hopelessly compromised while being willfully ignorant on Ken Starr, that's on you not me. The report is out there, you're more than welcome to reference the primary source instead of relying on my personal biases. In fact, that would be quite prudent of you.
If Ken Starr had conflicts of interest, he ought to have been replaced. You haven't named any, but I am willing to be persuaded. I have no special love for Ken Starr and am not defending him.

Which leads me to my final question, why are you so defensive about Robert Mueller? Why do you think he must head up the investigation instead of someone else?

Doesn't matter what I think. One could reasonably think this. Mueller and Comey have been attached fro a long time career wise and have a close personal relationship. Someone more removed from the situation should be in charge.

There's nothing odd about suggesting this.

Again, what conflict do you think there is that hasn't already been corriborated by Trump, Sessions, or Rosenstein? Do you honestly believe that the relationship has any bearing when the corroboration of Comey's statements was the onus behind Mueller even getting appointed? Come on now.

If one wanted to see the chuckle-fuck-in-chief politically damaged or tried criminally if warranted, then one should support an investigation not easily shrugged off as a partisan hit job or riddled with conflicts of interest.

Of course he does. And while I individually matter not, if enough people agree with me, then of course it damages his credibility.

If Mueller procures a report with evidence of wrongdoing by Trump and congress and Rosenstein ignore that evidence in favor of it being a "partisan hit job", then your problems are WAY bigger than anything Mueller could have said. Again, that's the thing about evidence, it exists regardless of partisanship. That would be outright negligence on behalf of Congress, that's not on Mueller. If congress takes politics over justice, you blame them, and remember who you voted for.

No need to be condescending. I'm disagreeing with you, not attacking you. But no, I'm not confused about what is being looked into. Mueller's purview is quite broad in this case, including the words "and any other matters". He can look into pretty much anything he'd like.

But Mueller's possible involvement with previous Russian collusion with high ranking government officials hamstrings his ability to bring all Russian contacts and ties together. It's an obvious conflict of interest.

Anyone who really wants to get to the bottom of several different Russian involvements with top US politicians should insist that the investigator not be materially involved in any of them. Right?

That's not condescension, that's just what it is. That's the scope of the investigation officially. You're on something TOTALLY unrelated to what this investigation is about. Sorry if stating that fact offends your sensibilities.

If Ken Starr had conflicts of interest, he ought to have been replaced. You haven't named any, but I am willing to be persuaded. I have no special love for Ken Starr and am not defending him.

And again, you think Mueller is hopelessly compromised but are ignorant of Ken Starr and the Whitewater investigation. That means something.

Which leads me to my final question, why are you so defensive about Robert Mueller? Why do you think he must head up the investigation instead of someone else?

Defensive? I'd like for you mooks to stop trying to nitpick shit that isn't there and let him conduct his investigation in peace, but that's far from being defensive. Hell, the simple fact that you guys can't decide if he's gonna go easy on Russia or throw the book at Trump means that it's all just theatre. He's gotten glowing recommendations from anyone who's worth a shit in the intelligence community and he has a group of killers in his stable. I think he's doing just fine, root all this shit out and bring it to light. Podesta, Trump, Sessions, whoever the fuck.

The Podestas are clearly pedophiles.

I haven't followed that nearly enough to draw a conclusion, but just from watching a video of him speaking---he is a meek, nervous, weak-willed man. Strange for someone in his position, but I guess they really wanted someone they could dominate.

Unless this investigation is led by David Clarke, Arpiao or Ivanka, it will be decried as flawed in it's partisanship. That's because Trump support and Trump cult of personality are so closely aligned.

Go wherever the investigation leads.

Title is laughable, both here and at the Hill. It's not like they dropped Trump/Mueller to focus on Podesta as "shifting from" suggests.

Like Manafort, Podesta firm "retroactively" registered as foreign agents. "Retroactively" is bullshit that shouldn't be allowed. That's like being allowed to pay for something when caught shoplifting it.

Mueller is hopelessly compromised on several levels.

I support an investigation into Russia's meddling in US politics. But we picked the wrong guy to head it up.
Unfortunately, jesus christ and superman do not exist so you go with the best you have. Even if they did exist, the assholes on the right would still manufacture pussyass criticisms to defend the indefensible...you know, Trump colluded with Russia to steal the presidency.

I mean Jesus was a darkie, you can't trust him...he didn't hold a job in his entire adult life.

And Superman....he's a living a double life lie.

Unless this investigation is led by David Clarke, Arpiao or Ivanka, it will be decried as flawed in it's partisanship. That's because Trump support and Trump cult of personality are so closely aligned.

Sure, some will decry the investigation for simply existing. I agree with you, and I think such critics ought to be resisted.

That does not undercut or even address my claim that Mueller is a poor choice to head up the investigation.

Seems like Mueller is doing his job.
If his job is to find any crime, committed by anybody in the US, which might or might not be vaguely related to Russia or linked to the Trump campaign beyond the tertiary level , yes.
I'd prefer if his investigation had a clear, well defined scope + oversight, like any other investigation in a nation of law.
We usually don't do fishing expeditions in the US.
Not that I'd particularly care about Tony Podesta (or Trump aides for the record), to be fully honest I know next to nothing about him apart from the fact that he's a rich, Democrat-leaning lobbyist and John's brother, so really no attributes I like but it is what it is.

I haven't followed that nearly enough to draw a conclusion, but just from watching a video of him speaking---he is a meek, nervous, weak-willed man. Strange for someone in his position, but I guess they really wanted someone they could dominate.

You should look into him and his brother, it's worth it imo.

Back