MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Sequel in the Works)

If you have seen MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS

What starts out as a lavish train ride through Europe quickly unfolds into one of the most stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mysteries ever told. From the novel by best selling author Agatha Christie, “Murder on the Orient Express” tells the tale of thirteen strangers stranded on a train, where everyone’s a suspect. One man must race against time to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again. In Theaters November 10, 2017

Big fan of thrillers such as this. Hope its good.

I'm also intrigued by good Murder on the Orient Express movies, hope this is a good one.

I kinda expected a different design to the iconic fancy mustache.

That looks really good.

Never read or seen anything with this character before.

I read a lot of Agatha Christie's books when I was a kid. This could be good.

All the casting look legit except Branagh.

I could look past him being taller and blonder than the character, but he displays none of the Poirot's mannerisms. At least not in that trailer.

This is one of my favorite stories of all time. I have read the book and also seen both the '74 adaptation with Albert Finney and the 2010 adaptation with David Suchet.

It brings me great joy to see this trailer because it means that yes, finally, this movie is coming. (I have been reading about its development for a few years now.) But I also think it's hard to know much from the trailer, which really is just a teaser.

Branagh is almost always good, whether in front of the camera or behind it. And the cast has some heavy hitters: Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfieffer, Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad, Willem Defoe, Judi Dench, Derek Jacobi, and of course Branagh himself. And as I mentioned, the story itself is a real powerhouse.

The one thing that I can say I might be disappointed by is . . . I dunno, a lack of an epic feel? A lack of luxury as befitting the Orient Express oozing off the screen?

But it's early. I'll be interested in seeing a full trailer. It seems that maybe he is trying to do something different with this film in terms of style than was done with the prior adaptations, and if so, that's a good thing. It needs to justify its existence, and I don't think it can do that if it tells the story in the same way it's already been told before.

It looks like they're really trying to give it that promotional push too, which is also a good thing.

MurderOnTheOrientExpress_1465_89232394329-1.jpg

I hope this doesn't turn out like Taking Of Pelham remake where they just make a shitty new version and kill all the style that the story/film is about. I'm looking forward to it. It doesn't look bad.

Kenneth Branagh isn't exactly how i picture Poirot. But looks good.

Sounds like "And Then There Were None," but without the spoilers in the title.

I'll watch it.

Branagh is an awesome director, which gives me hope. Impressive cast. Tough to live up to the '74 version though.

First Trailer for Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS

What starts out as a lavish train ride through Europe quickly unfolds into one of the most stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mysteries ever told. From the novel by best selling author Agatha Christie, “Murder on the Orient Express” tells the tale of thirteen strangers stranded on a train, where everyone’s a suspect. One man must race against time to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again. In Theaters November 10, 2017

Finally a legit flick without try hard written all over it, this is one of the best books you read in school, i remember we did a play in junior high on this, good times.

Hercule Poirot rules. Hastings too. Jaffe too. Miss Lemon sucks.

I re-watched the 2010 version of MOTOE last night just because this post made me catch MOTOE fever.

For a made-for-TV adaptation it's quite solid, I think. Though I do have criticisms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like "And Then There Were None," but without the spoilers in the title.

I'll watch it.

Hmm, a very different tale aside from the fact that both are Christie stories and both have to do with murders that involve a group of people.

yeah, he's closer in look to what i thought when i read the books.

He is the definitive Poirot. But since I've already seen the definitive Poirot in action, I'm curious to see how another actor can put his own spin on the character.

So, this is a remake? Can I watch the earlier version to see who the killer is, or is it a new story with new characters?

So, this is a remake? Can I watch the earlier version to see who the killer is, or is it a new story with new characters?

It is a new adaptation from the original book, not a remake. There's a difference.

But I'm sure the ending will be the same, so if you watch an earlier version you'll spoil it for yourself.

Back