Murdered billionaire predicted own death in book

Dude should have peaced out of the business once he made his money.

I don't think the people who make that sort of money usually walk away.

Many of them are too driven or just enjoy the life too much
Weird thing about this guy is that he drove an average car, didn't have that big of a home and wouldn't travel first class because it was a waste of money. He was pretty cheap but at the same time donated millions to charity and hospitals. He was an odd case.

Weird thing about this guy is that he drove an average car, didn't have that big of a home and wouldn't travel first class because it was a waste of money. He was pretty cheap but at the same time donated millions to charity and hospitals. He was an odd case.

Some people just don't flaunt it weird as it may be to some. I work in an accountancy/business advisory firm and have seen wealthy clients walking around the shops in old jeans and jacket for example

The original thread and those who knew the family personally considered it a homicide.
Agree completely that those who knew the family considered it a homicide. But most of the posters from the original thread I linked earlier deferred to the “experts” (I.e. the Toronto PD). Very few of us were skeptical.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked

Barry hated his wife and wanted her "whacked"?

What a shit show this guys life must've been. Sounded like a terror.

His cousins sued him for a billion, lost, and then were ordered to pay $300,000.00 in legal fees a week before he was murdered.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...000-the-week-before-they-were-found-dead.html
Getting warmer...

Is “thestar” a tabloid? I’m not familiar.

ETA just browsed the front page and seems like a legitimate publication. Can any Toronto natives shed light on its reputation?

Getting warmer...

Is “thestar” a tabloid? I’m not familiar.

ETA just browsed the front page and seems like a legitimate publication. Can any Toronto natives shed light on its reputation?
I live an hour from Toronto. It's reputable as it gets. The 2 huge papers in Toronto are the Sun and Star. The Star is the more professional business one. The Sun, more trashy.

Every newspaper box has the Star. http://www.cision.ca/trends/canadas-top-20-daily-newspapers/

Agree completely that those who knew the family considered it a homicide. But most of the posters from the original thread I linked earlier deferred to the “experts” (I.e. the Toronto PD). Very few of us were skeptical.

I said at the time I thought the deaths were suspicious.

The thing that confuses me is how these billionaires did not have armed security patrolling the residence ?

The thing that confuses me is how these billionaires did not have armed security patrolling the residence ?

I said the same thing in this thread. If I was a Billionaire, I'd hire a private army of ex-Military, Spooks etc. I'd hire the best, all of them heart-breakers and life-takers, and I'd pay them well enough to ensure their loyalty. My entire family would have 24/7 armed close protection.

Back