Murica Wins International Mathematical Olympiad, Beating China and Russia

They'll slowly get America to adopt the metric system!! It's working guys, those "Americans" are great at math!. 100-water boils. 0-water freezes. Wtf is it in American? 32F i know freezes in Americaland? No clue about boiling point. Anyway, carry on

212deg boiling point

56420fb84139cbddc58af896feebafeb.jpg

teamusa.jpg

tumblr_latq3iKLPs1qd1fjko1_500.gif
That pic is misleading, the white guy in the middle is the best player there and their lead striker is this guy who is missing..

358015.png

Most handsome aswell by far

Some of you are Joking and some of you have some issues .....

Some of you are Joking and some of you have some issues .....

What issues are those? Not afraid to point out that the entire team is made up with members of a community that only represents 5% of the US population?

To be honest it's more impressive that USA beat out Russia and China considering the cultural value placed on mathematics skills as a country is probably way higher in those countries.

Though from the high proportion of "ringers" on the American team I guess you could say it's more the cultural emphasis on math skills in the immigrant households...
If New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) were its own country, it would dominate any other nation in academic performance.

If New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) were its own country, it would dominate any other nation in academic performance.

Were they banned from this competition or something?

Cali could.

Were they banned from this competition or something?
I'm saying that America falls low on academic and IQ metrics because the nation as a whole underperforms there. See how we are below the top 20 for most quality of life scores like health, happiness, upward mobility, etc. But if you separated New England and had it compare to Scandinavian and East Asian nations, it would come out ahead. The rest of America drags the northeastern states down.

Cali could.
If you divided it then NorCal would do as well as New England. But the state as a whole has average IQ and performance.

I'm saying that America falls low on academic and IQ metrics because the nation as a whole underperforms there. See how we are below the top 20 for most quality of life scores like health, happiness, upward mobility, etc. But if you separated New England and had it compare to Scandinavian and East Asian nations, it would come out ahead. The rest of America drags the northeastern states down.

If you divided it then NorCal would do as well as New England. But the state as a whole has average IQ and performance.
Well, Cali could implement a meritocracy. And by meritocracy, let the asians take over.

I a produkt of dat skool sistem.

;)

I would have gotten 252 points by myself.

Incidentally, that's also my IQ.

They'll slowly get America to adopt the metric system!! It's working guys, those "Americans" are great at math!. 100-water boils. 0-water freezes. Wtf is it in American? 32F i know freezes in Americaland? No clue about boiling point. Anyway, carry on

I think the guy who created the Fahrenheit scale was Dutch, again if I remember right the temperatures at 0 and 100 were those that man could fairly accurately reproduce at the time.

Back