Murka. China. IT'S ON. [US Dials Up On Another $200 Billion Plus Another Possible $200B For $450B]

V-2

[ [ AT/GC ] ]
Banned
Reaction score
About fucking time too, slap another $100 billion on them and see how long they want to play this game. It's time to choke these cunts out and cut straight to the heart of their entire political system.

It goes without saying that Trump should also nix the ZTE deal immediately. Think that's actually off the table?

-1x-1.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...a-backed-bid-for-chipmaker-over-security-risk

President Donald Trump blocked a Chinese-backed investor from buying Lattice Semiconductor Corp., casting a cloud over Chinese deals seeking U.S. security clearance and spurring a call for fairness from Beijing.

It was just the fourth time in a quarter century that a U.S. president has ordered a foreign takeover of an American firm stopped on national-security concerns. Trump acted on the recommendation of a multi-agency panel, the White House and the Treasury Department said Wednesday. The spurned buyer, Canyon Bridge Capital Partners LLC, is a private-equity firm backed by a Chinese state-owned asset manager.

The Trump administration has maintained a tough stance against Chinese takeovers of American businesses even as it seeks China’s help to resolve the North Korean nuclear crisis. Other deals under review include MoneyGram International Inc.’s proposed sale to Ant Financial, the financial-services company controlled by Chinese billionaire Jack Ma. The government is also examining an agreement by Chinese conglomerate HNA Group Co. to buy a stake in SkyBridge Capital LLC.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rras-sale-to-chinese-state-fund-idUSKCN1G703H

U.S. semiconductor testing company Xcerra Corp (XCRA.O) said on Thursday a U.S. national security panel had blocked its $580-million sale to a Chinese state-backed semiconductor investment fund, the latest such deal to be thwarted.

The acquisition of Xcerra by Hubei Xinyan was seen as a key test of the ability of Chinese firms to acquire U.S. technology assets, because the company does not make chips itself, but provides testing equipment used in making semiconductors.

The deal’s demise comes as the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has become increasingly skeptical of Chinese acquisitions of U.S. companies following the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump a year ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...age-with-broadcom-block-u-s-tech-not-for-sale

With his swift rejection of Broadcom Ltd.’s hostile takeover of Qualcomm Inc., President Donald Trump sent a clear signal to overseas investors: Any deal that could give China an edge in critical technology will be swatted down in the name of national security.

Although Broadcom is based in Singapore, China loomed large over the U.S. government’s fears about a foreign takeover of chipmaker Qualcomm. That’s because Qualcomm is locked in a head-to-head race with China’s Huawei Technologies Co. over which company will dominate the development of next-generation wireless technology.

"This decision hangs a huge ‘not-for-sale’ sign on just about every American semiconductor firm," said Scott Kennedy, who studies China’s economic policy at the Center for Strategic & International Studies in Washington. "A Chinese entity doesn’t need to be anywhere near a transaction now in semiconductors for the deal to be nixed."

I entirely support this measure, i just dont understand why open a trade warfront with virtually all your main trade partners before doing this.

But my Orange Chicken is gonna still cost the same amount right..?

A lot of people are unaware of China's industrial espionage on a grand scale. They just think of faux Apple shops and the intellectual property infringements of knock-offs.

About fucking time too, slap another $100 billion on them and see how long they want to play this game. It's time to choke these cunts out and cut straight to the heart of their entire political system.

It goes without saying that Trump should also nix the ZTE deal immediately. Think that's actually off the table?

-1x-1.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...a-backed-bid-for-chipmaker-over-security-risk

President Donald Trump blocked a Chinese-backed investor from buying Lattice Semiconductor Corp., casting a cloud over Chinese deals seeking U.S. security clearance and spurring a call for fairness from Beijing.

It was just the fourth time in a quarter century that a U.S. president has ordered a foreign takeover of an American firm stopped on national-security concerns. Trump acted on the recommendation of a multi-agency panel, the White House and the Treasury Department said Wednesday. The spurned buyer, Canyon Bridge Capital Partners LLC, is a private-equity firm backed by a Chinese state-owned asset manager.

The Trump administration has maintained a tough stance against Chinese takeovers of American businesses even as it seeks China’s help to resolve the North Korean nuclear crisis. Other deals under review include MoneyGram International Inc.’s proposed sale to Ant Financial, the financial-services company controlled by Chinese billionaire Jack Ma. The government is also examining an agreement by Chinese conglomerate HNA Group Co. to buy a stake in SkyBridge Capital LLC.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rras-sale-to-chinese-state-fund-idUSKCN1G703H

U.S. semiconductor testing company Xcerra Corp (XCRA.O) said on Thursday a U.S. national security panel had blocked its $580-million sale to a Chinese state-backed semiconductor investment fund, the latest such deal to be thwarted.

The acquisition of Xcerra by Hubei Xinyan was seen as a key test of the ability of Chinese firms to acquire U.S. technology assets, because the company does not make chips itself, but provides testing equipment used in making semiconductors.

The deal’s demise comes as the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has become increasingly skeptical of Chinese acquisitions of U.S. companies following the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump a year ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...age-with-broadcom-block-u-s-tech-not-for-sale

With his swift rejection of Broadcom Ltd.’s hostile takeover of Qualcomm Inc., President Donald Trump sent a clear signal to overseas investors: Any deal that could give China an edge in critical technology will be swatted down in the name of national security.

Although Broadcom is based in Singapore, China loomed large over the U.S. government’s fears about a foreign takeover of chipmaker Qualcomm. That’s because Qualcomm is locked in a head-to-head race with China’s Huawei Technologies Co. over which company will dominate the development of next-generation wireless technology.

"This decision hangs a huge ‘not-for-sale’ sign on just about every American semiconductor firm," said Scott Kennedy, who studies China’s economic policy at the Center for Strategic & International Studies in Washington. "A Chinese entity doesn’t need to be anywhere near a transaction now in semiconductors for the deal to be nixed."

I think we have leverage to bend China to our will, but we should he honest about the cost. China is not without recourse.

Playing hardball with China will leave our SE Asian allies with their asses hanging in the wind.

If we already hadn't seen Trump involve his ego on these matters, and back off when his family is profiting(ZTE), I'd be a bit more optimistic.

Him having to be the one to take on China for us, gives me very little hope this ends up being good for Americans. I have every reason to believe he will completely fuck it up at some point. I hope I'm wrong.

I think we have leverage to bend China to our will, but we should he honest about the cost. China is not without recourse.

Playing hardball with China will leave our SE Asian allies with their asses hanging in the wind.

Any leverage will be gone in the next 5-10 years, China is investing massively on getting their own microprocessors on the matter.

Any leverage will be gone in the next 5-10 years, China is investing massively on getting their own microprocessors on the matter.

Our market is our leverage. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Hell, 15 years from now, if we haven't seen a WWIII from technology throwing the world order on it's head, I will be shocked.

for those more economically in the know than I am...... is it wise for America to start a trade war with all of these countries at the same time? is its economy strong enough to deal with the blow back?

Our market is our leverage. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Hell, 15 years from now, if we haven't seen a WWIII from technology throwing the world order on it's head, I will be shocked.

Asia is the fastest growing market in the world.

Asia is the fastest growing market in the world.

And growth is King.

I'm not sold that their quasi authoritarian system, is sustainable. Absolute power, does tend to corrupt absolutely.

And growth is King.

I'm not sold that their quasi authoritarian system, is sustainable. Absolute power, does tend to corrupt absolutely.

Me neither, but the whatives are scary as shit, specially considering how they are mixing authoritarianism with technology.

Im sure at some point Xi Jinping will be replaced by an android by the chinese Skynet and the machines will rule over us.

Me neither, but the whatives are scary as shit, specially considering how they are mixing authoritarianism with technology.

Im sure at some point Xi Jinping will be replaced by an android by the chinese Skynet and the machines will rule over us.

Communist AI. Scary.

I entirely support this measure, i just dont understand why open a trade warfront with virtually all your main trade partners before doing this.
Agreed. If you're going to go toe to toe with china, try to make nice with everyone else first.

Back