Museum Visitor Falls Into Giant Hole That Looks Like a Cartoonish Painting on the Floor

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bkzwbvxafbru5jt6wgv9.jpg

Like a real-life version of a Looney Tunes cartoon, a visitor to a Portuguese museum was injured last week when he stepped into an art installation resembling an inky void. Currently on exhibit at the Serralves Museum in Porto, Descent Into Limbo by Anish Kapoor includes an actual eight-foot hole that’s painted black—so it appears to have no depth at all.

According to Britain’s Times, attendees of previous showings of the work have questioned “whether there really was a hole in the floor or whether it was simply a circle painted with an extremely dark black paint.” Presumably there will be no doubts going forward.

https://gizmodo.com/museum-visitor-falls-into-giant-hole-that-looks-like-a-1828462859

I find the exhibition to be much more artistic now and I think I get it.

Reminds me of portable ACME holes.

EhiLz8f.jpg

God I wish such things existed. Can you imagine the possibilities....

I cannot stop laughing at this.

Can we please declare this person the artist of the century? Nobody's going to top that in the next 80 years.

Reminds me of portable ACME holes.

EhiLz8f.jpg

God I wish such things existed. Can you imagine the possibilities....

<{monica}>

I was going to look for the same gif or video from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I also wholeheartedly agree, those things would be fucking awesome.

I guess it was Ventablack.

That stuff is spooky.

Why isn’t there a velvet rope around that?

A trick art museum with an actual hole? WTF?

Eight feet deep? If someone stepped in that in the U.S. and broke an ankle, there would be lawsuits against the museum and the artist.

with as black as that paint is, i feel maybe a 2ft or 3ft hole would have been smarter with the same effect.

Back