Music Documentaries

1002004013040922.jpg

Last edited:
Buena Vista Social club was epic when the 80+ year old dudes played with fire like they were 21 years old.

Decline of western civilization has 3 parts recorded a few years apart.

Standing in the shadows of motown was very cool.

"Ozzy Osbourne: Don't Blame Me" is my favorite music documentary of all time. It explains a lot of misconceptions people had about Ozzy before he aired all his dirt on that reality show.

The Devil and Daniel Johnston. Really interesting, compelling film and character. After watching it I reached out to a guy in the film who had a ton of Daniels art and bought an original from him...

The rise and fall of factory records. Heres what the documentary covers
  • Joy Division forming
  • Stupid mistakes they did that lead to Ian's Curtis suicide like how they made them play a concert one day after his attempted suicide. His Epilepsy getting worse and it wasn't till he died that they deciphered his lyrics and missed all the clues that he was troubled.
  • A pre-famous U2's Bono being unintentionally pompous telling Factory Record owner Tony Wilson a say after Ian Curtis death that U2 will try to keep the spirit of Joy Division in U2's name and that he will only be the second best lead singer in the world since Ian is #1. That was how egotisitcal Bono was
  • New Order's Blue Monday single was losing the company money despite it being one of england's highest selling single
  • Tony Wilson's encounter with Morrisey about how weird he was that his bedroom was covered with James Dean posters, how they almost got the Smiths to sign with them and then at the last minute backed out on signing the band because Factory Record's at the time was in a slump so Wilson didn't want to drag the Smiths potential down by signing with them
  • when a very green Madonna was booed offstage at Factory records' Hacienda club. She being upset about and didn't sign with Factory Record
  • The company closing because they were spending too much money on the Hacienda club

Last edited:

The rise and fall of factory records. Heres what the documentary covers Documentary
  • Joy Division forming
  • Stupid mistakes they did that lead to Ian's Curtis suicide like how they made them play a concert one day after his attempted suicide. His Epilepsy getting worse and it wasn't till he died that they deciphered his lyrics and missed all the clues that he was troubled.
  • A pre-famous U2's Bono being unintentionally pompous telling Factory Record owner Tony Wilson a say after Ian Curtis death that U2 will try to keep the spirit of Joy Division in U2's name and that he will only be the second best lead singer in the world since Ian is #1. That was how egotisitcal Bono was
  • New Order's Blue Monday single was losing the company money despite it being one of england's highest selling single
  • Tony Wilson's encounter with Morrisey about how weird he was that his bedroom was covered with James Dean posters, how they almost got the Smiths to sign with them and then at the last minute backed out on signing the band because Factory Record's at the time was in a slump so Wilson didn't want to drag the Smiths potential down by signing with them
  • when a very green Madonna was booed offstage at Factory records' Hacienda club. She being upset about and didn't sign with Factory Record
  • The company closing because they were spending too much money on the Hacienda club

Good stuff bro

Could also throw in the film they made about Factory Records

51vs_UUYF_IL._SY450.jpg

Good stuff bro

Could also throw in the film they made about Factory Records

51vs_UUYF_IL._SY450.jpg
I haven't seen that film. I only saw Control. I'm guessing 24 Party goes future beyond the timeline up to the early 90s right?