Music theory thread- Here to help aspiring musicians

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This thread is for helping fellow sherdoggers who aspire to learn more about music.

I'm sure there's alot of good musicians here who can help contribute, and you can learn alot on your own.

Basically, I'll try my best to help if anyone is feeling stuck.. like they aren' progressing. Or need advise on how they can improve.

I specialize on lead guitar and songwritting, basic music theory. I'm hoping to start teaching lessons when I get back from my trip so I figure this could be good help

This thread is for helping fellow sherdoggers who aspire to learn more about music.

I'm sure there's alot of good musicians here who can help contribute, and you can learn alot on your own.

Basically, I'll try my best to help if anyone is feeling stuck.. like they aren' progressing. Or need advise on how they can improve.

I specialize on lead guitar and songwritting, basic music theory. I'm hoping to start teaching lessons when I get back from my trip so I figure this could be good help
do you read music?

do you read music?
I did for a long time. Grew up as a pianist and played in band throughout highschool.

As a guitarist these days, I don't really have any need for it playing blues/country/rock.

With all the years of playing piano, I could sight read pretty much anything.. And I never really learned how to play or create music. I'm working on teaching more practical lessons that will teach you how to construct songs and be creative.

Being able to read music is a great ski to have, but the lessons im hoping to give focus more on being able to write your own music.

But yes I can read music, although I need to brush up on it a bit.

I did for a long time. Grew up as a pianist and played in band throughout highschool.

As a guitarist these days, I don't really have any need for it playing blues/country/rock.

With all the years of playing piano, I could sight read pretty much anything.. And I never really learned how to play or create music. I'm working on teaching more practical lessons that will teach you how to construct songs and be creative.

Being able to read music is a great ski to have, but the lessons im hoping to give focus more on being able to write your own music.

But yes I can read music, although I need to brush up on it a bit.
cool man I just wanted to know whether you thought it was important. Good thread btw, I'll come up with some questions to ask in a bit. thanks

cool man I just wanted to know whether you thought it was important. Good thread btw, I'll come up with some questions to ask in a bit. thanks
It depends on your goals as a musician.

But for writing music, no it isn't important.

Music theory fundamentals, however, are extremely important.

Back