Muslims of Sherdog I have a question for you

meauneau

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Suppose that you were not indoctrinated since birth, that your belief was not caused by your family/environment growing up. What then would you say is/are your reason/s for your belief? (Assuming you have reasons. Many, I would dare say most, only have causes for their belief. I call these "doxastic victims".

Is it something in the Qur'an, is it some argument/dawa or some religious experience?

If you have no reasons then would you admit that you have only causes for your belief rather than reasons?

These threads crack me up because they are usually directed at a nearly nonexistent population on sherdog.

But this particular question could be applied to all religions, and you'd probably get a lot of answers.

These threads crack me up because they are usually directed at a nearly nonexistent population on sherdog.

But this particular question could be applied to all religions, and you'd probably get a lot of answers.
And if it was asked to Jews, after a barrage of charges of antisemitism, it would be gone.

That question is impossible to answer for the people you are asking. Because religious people have been influenced already they can't go back to a time where they have not.
Because religious people got to them when their brain was still developing they won't be able to give you an unbiased answer to your question.

You would have to ask atheist that later become religious. But there aren't many of those.
That's why it so important for religion to get people when they are young.
Because no reasonable adult would believe them otherwise.

This applies for all sorts of ideologies, but I believe that its linked to seeing themselves as inheritors of exceptionalism imparted by history and a special covenant.

What then would you say is/are your reason/s for your belief? (Assuming you have reasons. Many, I would dare say most, only have causes for their belief. I call these "doxastic victims".

Bourdieu says hi.

There used to be a few muslim regulars in the WR, but they left years ago.

That question is impossible to answer for the people you are asking. Because religious people have been influenced already they can't go back to a time where they have not.
Because religious people got to them when their brain was still developing they won't be able to give you an unbiased answer to your question.

You would have to ask atheist that later become religious. But there aren't many of those.
That's why it so important for religion to get people when they are young.
Because no reasonable adult would believe them otherwise.
If there were any Muslims and they were honest, then I would expect them all to admit that their beliefs are caused. Then they would come up with reasons or rather justifications for the beliefs.

There used to be a few muslim regulars in the WR, but they left years ago.
We still have a few Muslims, I'll tag them despite them probably not wanting to deal with the fedoracore TS

And for some reason I've always thought that @Gervinho is Muslim even though I can't recall him ever admitting to it.

Muslims of Sherdog!

This is what I picture when Muslims of sherdog is mentioned

muslim2.jpg

1qs3zj.jpg

a-gay-muslim-carrying-a-placard-during-the-pride-london-celebrations-BNA0TH.jpg

obama-muslim.jpg

Wait Tramendous is Moslem?
I think so, honestly I think I assumed that ebfore and might've been wrong. Those are the only posters I know of that might be Muslim on Sherdog so basically TS was making a thread for maybe 4 people at max. Top kek.

I think so, honestly I think I assumed that ebfore and might've been wrong. Those are the only posters I know of that might be Muslim on Sherdog so basically TS was making a thread for maybe 4 people at max. Top kek.

I bet you thought I am an Ex muslim too!!!

I bet you thought I am an Ex muslim too!!!
They're everywhere, spreading taqiyya!

Hide ya kids, hide ya wives, they be spreading taqiyya everywhere!

They're everywhere, spreading taqiyya!

Hide ya kids, hide ya wives, they be spreading taqiyya everywhere!

We need In the name of back he can sniff hidden Muslims!

remember that Disney Channel where you need to spot the hidden Mickey? Now we should have a game spot the hidden Muslims!

You were a Muslim right?
Sure
We need In the name of back he can sniff hidden Muslims!

remember that Disney Channel where you need to spot the hidden Mickey? Now we should have a game spot the hidden Muslims!
Well, 70% of Sherdog is composed of secret taqiyya Muslims so it shouldn't be too hard. I bet you're one too!

Suppose that you were not indoctrinated since birth, that your belief was not caused by your family/environment growing up. What then would you say is/are your reason/s for your belief? (Assuming you have reasons. Many, I would dare say most, only have causes for their belief. I call these "doxastic victims".

Is it something in the Qur'an, is it some argument/dawa or some religious experience?

If you have no reasons then would you admit that you have only causes for your belief rather than reasons?

There comes a point when you examine the religion for yourself and you make a decision to keep believing or reject. This is where people convert to another religion or become atheist or keep believing. It is also unfair to dismiss a person's beliefs this way as it would commit the 'genetic fallacy'

What made you change of mind, if you don't mind me asking.

One of my friends is an ex Muslim. I had something to do with his leaving the faith.

What made you change of mind, if you don't mind me asking.

One of my friends is an ex Muslim. I had something to do with his leaving the faith.
I can assure you it had nothing to do with you if that's what you're thinking.

Back