MVP (Michael Venom Page) shattering and caving in Cyborg's skull with mma's most brutal knee

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of you have likely seen this - but for those that haven't brace yourself for a dropped mouth wide eyed "OOOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhhHHHHH.....!!!!" moment.

On July 2016 at Bellator 158, MVP and Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos fought each other in what would end up being yet another dominant and unique/unorthodox crazy entertaining performance by the 30 year old striking talent, Michael Venom Page. He fights with his hands down as usual and does crazy, unexpected and strange things that make for quite a show, all while having fantastic head movement, defense, speed, accuracy, power and timing.

An MVP fight is quite unreal to watch, and thus far he is undefeated at 12-0, 9 of which were highlight reel worthy first round stoppages.

66.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Page_(fighter)

I'd suggest checking out the man's highlight videos on Youtube - they are spectacular and unlike anything else in the world of mma. It is like Anderson Silva's showmanship X 10.

Eventually MVP battered Cyborg down enough in round 2 and got him really hurt, and went in for the kill. And by kill - I mean almost literally. With 30 seconds left on the clock into round 2, He unleashed a flying knee from HELL. Big John Mccarthy said it was the hardest knee he had ever seen in all his years of reffing.

Here it is in gif form - The entire fight can be watched with this Youtube video as well. I'd recommend watching. After the win MVP puts on a "Pokemon" cap and throws down a "Pokeball" as if he just captured a monster, then poses in Pokemon style pose , a testament to his showmanship.

5326405-5630662086-GDs7b.gif

Immediately after the knee lands, Cyborg falls to the mat holding onto his forehead in what most definitely was excruciating pain. His skull is fractured. Shattered, and caved in. This is no joke of an injury - it is enough to kill a man and he is lucky that he did not suffer more major brain injuries but there is for sure some irreversible damage.

365EB92A00000578-3694715-A_digital_scan_of_Evangelista_Cyborg_s_fractured_skull_above_and-m-6_1468794566432.jpg

His skull will never be the same, indeed. He required a 7 hour operation and 2 week stay in the hospital, and after that retired from mma. You can't blame him. If he ever did get back into the cage and eats another knee to the forehead you can be sure it could possibly mean DEATH. That's not an exaggeration, brain injuries are no joke.

The stoppage is reminiscent of Uriah Hall's Spinning Back Kick from Hell on TUF. A crazy insane KO from a Anderson Silva-esque type striker, where the sorry fuck on the wrong side of it is hurt quite badly. Quite possibly one of the most brutal finishes ever in mma.

Uriah+Hall+Spinning+Head+Kicks+Adam+Cella+TUF+17.gif

Dana and crew no question has his sights set on MVP - it will only be a matter of money and negotiations that decides whether we will see this one of a kind fighter enter the octagon,and I have no doubt that if he continues to fight the way he has been and keeps racking in the W's he will be a super star. He fights carelessly, though, and a L is a very likely possibility against the elite. As entertaining as his showboating is - he may have to calm it down a little to compete with the very best. If he can somehow even pull off doing the same shit to the elite there is no question he would be very big in the UFC.

What do you guys think of this KO? Or MVP in general? Discuss.

What do you guys think of this KO? Or MVP in general? Discuss.
MVP has avoided elite competition for his entire career. Anytime he fights someone decent (Gonzalez) he cant do shit. There is a reason he fought the biggest tomato can in his boxing debut too.

That knee was devastating. I call it the 2nd most brutal knee. 1rst is Overeem putting Fujita in coma for like 6 hours.

I don't think he'll ever fulfil his potential in any sport and that makes me kinda sad.

I'd love to see him and Daley settle their beef but doubt it will happen.

Kimbo went on a tear with retired fighters and underskilled beginners, it doesn't say much about the fighter until it is done on real competition.

Really exciting guy to watch.
But as allready pointed out...his record is filled with cans.

Will he do better in the UFC than in Bellator?...i don't believe it.

Back