MVP vs Daley finally set to fight round one of the WW tournament

There are only 7 events exclusive to DAZN rest will be broadcast on paramount as well.

Those 7 events equate to bellator ppvs and at 10$ it's a steal.

It's literally no different then what the UFC does just a smaller scale and more affordable I honestly don't see a big issue.
They already announced the WW tournament would be on DAZN so your point moot.

Since he's entering the tourney I highly doubt bellator let's him go anywhere they will pay him nicely and there isn't a better WW division in the world.
Yea that's what I'm saying. I figured he would just have a one off fight then go into free agency. But since he's going into the tournament, there's no way this'll be his last fight. Unless of course he loses but that would tremendously drop his stock.

They already announced the WW tournament would be on DAZN so your point moot.

Not really considering my point is UFC ppvs are crazy expensive and bellator is not asking alot of money for very good fight cards.The UFC promote ppv events on their free cards no difference here.

Ww is Bellators most stacked division it offers the most premium fight cards they could offer up atleast bellator isn't trying to do PPV models too which would be way more expensive then paying for DAZN which also offers you other content and if your not in the US the packages are ridiculously good.

So the first round of the tournament looks like:

Rory vs Larkin
MVP vs Daley
Koreshkov vs Lima II
Fitch vs Gracie
Ruth vs Amosov

Unfortunately it sounds like it will be as spread out as the HW GP has been.

So the first round of the tournament looks like:

Rory vs Larkin
MVP vs Daley
Koreshkov vs Lima II
Fitch vs Gracie
Ruth vs Amosov

Unfortunately it sounds like it will be as spread out as the HW GP has been.

Yeah the WW GP is the best thing bellator could offer up so they spread it out to give DAZN it's exclusive content.I would honestly expect a tourney each year of the guaranteed part of the DAZN deal so that they can give them 7 events each year.

This GP I think is my most anticipated even over the HW GP and I was really hyped for that but this WW GP features some of the best fighters at 170.Established and up and comers should produce some excellent fights.

Not really considering my point is UFC ppvs are crazy expensive and bellator is not asking alot of money for very good fight cards.The UFC promote ppv events on their free cards no difference here.

Ww is Bellators most stacked division it offers the most premium fight cards they could offer up atleast bellator isn't trying to do PPV models too which would be way more expensive then paying for DAZN which also offers you other content and if your not in the US the packages are ridiculously good.
Apple's and oranges.

The UFC has been doing the PPV for years. You couldn't be a fan of the early UFC unless you bought PPV's.

Bellator has always been on cable and easy to access. The MVP VS. Daley fight has been hyped ad nauseam on cable TV. I pay for cable TV btw.

Now I need to buy a service to watch it (besides my monthly cable bill). No thanks.

But you're actually bringing variables to this conversation that don't belong. I don't care about anything UFC related if money is involved. And I stated that in my second post. When I said I don't care about fightpass.

We disagree. It's that simple.

Last edited:
How does this have 4 likes?
What's with MMA fans stuck on the UFC page.This tourney is the best thing happening in MMA this year.

It's not the money. If you promote something on one platform and then you decide to put it behind a paywall on another that is a certain way of doing business.

They should reward existing customers who have supported Bellator for years rather than gouge us.

I don't care what happens on fightpass and I won't care what happens on DAZN.

Businesses change to adapt so that they can survive. If you're really interested in seeing big fights in Bellator you would be able to see how this helps them go after high profile fighters and continue build prospects. Would you rather see Bellator on CMT with crappy budget bc with how Paramount ratings are going they probably wouldn't survive if Paramount kicks them off. With DAZN, they have a back up plan that pays.

Bellator doesn't owe us anything. I bought both Bellator PPVs for ~$115 and I don't mind spending $120 for a whole year of better and bigger fights that are always live. Plus, theres boxing and whatever else they end up adding.

Hope you come around to seeing the bigger picture.

Businesses change to adapt so that they can survive. If you're really interested in seeing big fights in Bellator you would be able to see how this helps them go after high profile fighters and continue build prospects. Would you rather see Bellator on CMT with crappy budget bc with how Paramount ratings are going they probably wouldn't survive if Paramount kicks them off. With DAZN, they have a back up plan that pays.

Bellator doesn't owe us anything. I bought both Bellator PPVs for ~$115 and I don't mind spending $120 for a whole year of better and bigger fights that are always live. Plus, theres boxing and whatever else they end up adding.

Your post isn't worth addressing because you are missing my point.

I don't pay extra for MMA. Is it that hard to understand?

Regarding everything business wise for Bellator there is zero proof Bellator was leaving cable. If anything, this DAZN deal is based on shit spending over the last few years where Bellator tried to sign everyone and their Mother. Those Bellator PPV's were a huge waste of money.

If this DAZN deal was a cash grab it was because of bad business decisions over the last few years not because there is no model for cable TV.

I don't feel like paying for Coker's mistakes.

Pretty much the way I see it. Others may see this as an extra fee on top of cable; I respect that. I look at this as an alternative. DAZN is essentially almost doubling Bellator’s rumored 2017 revenue with this deal. Keep in mind that Bellator could add frosting on the cake with whatever else they are able to earn from the 15 other shows they are holding on paramount.Truly not a bad gig for Bellator. I’ll provably support, if I like the content DAZN provides.

Lol... look at all these shills on here pushing DAZN. Pathetic.

This is a karate forum. Go sell somewhere else.

How Bellator is going to do the GP (prediction)
This 2 fights in the Sept 28 card
Ruth vs Amosov = Winner 1
Gracie vs Larkin =Winner 2

Lima-Koreshkov 3 (I would have prefer Koreshkov vs Rory, but it lookd like is already a closed deal)
Daley vs MVP
Rory vs Fitch (Belt in the line as Coker said)
Winner 1 vs Winner 2

How i would have do it
In the Sept card
Ruth vs Amosov= Winner 1
Gracie vs Daley= Winner 2

Then the last 8 bracket

Lima vs Fitch
Koreshkov vs Rory
Page vs Winner 2
Larkin vs Winner 1

90 percent chance mvp will pull out of this fight with an injury.

Your post isn't worth addressing because you are missing my point.

I don't pay extra for MMA. Is it that hard to understand?

Regarding everything business wise for Bellator there is zero proof Bellator was leaving cable. If anything, this DAZN deal is based on shit spending over the last few years where Bellator tried to sign everyone and their Mother. Those Bellator PPV's were a huge waste of money.

If this DAZN deal was a cash grab it was because of bad business decisions over the last few years not because there is no model for cable TV.

I don't feel like paying for Coker's mistakes.

I plan on using the free trial to watch this and the Joshua/Povetkin card. Will immediately cancel afterwards. DAZN offers absolutely nothing exclusive to the US audience other than Eddie Hearn's matchroom boxing, and seven Bellator cards.

I personally can't justify a $120 a year service that I'd only use once every other month.

Last edited:
Coker mentioned Neiman Gracie vs. Jon Fitch as a qualifier bout.. so Daley loses to Fitch, and gets a BYE, while Fitch dominates at his Bellator debut and has to fight once again, and against a terrible match up, so he can be part of the tournament.. unfair and shady, IMO.

Can’t wait to watch on tape delay, 6 hrs after knowing the results

Back