My 37 year old brother has no money.

blackdudebro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Drove to LA for a funeral and he needed a ride. First thing he says when I picked him up was “I don’t have any money.”
I was going to fly but he couldn’t since he said “I don’t have the money for that.” when I asked him about two weeks ago.
He has a 8 year old in Vegas that he never sees.
It’s crazy to me at how normal this is for him.
I understand that people have rough patches and all. But at least TRY to find a better job in order to support yourself and your kid.

It’s crazy because my dad taught us better. But he passed away almost 18 years ago. Just trips me out how someone doesn’t want better not only for himself but also for his kid.

He didn’t even say “Thanks” for the ride or food I bought.

Wtf?

391085.jpg

Could have been worse... He could have showed up in a Dress and makeup.

This thread's gonna get racial real quick...

Maybe he's got some sort of mental condition and needs actual help and not ridicule?

I don't subscribe to the whole "but they're family" bullshit. My brother is an asshole so I cut him out of my life. My gf has a sister who is a constant source of stress in her life and she always says "but she's my sister". Fuck that who cares.

After you left he pulled out his money and looked at it and went "hahahahaha I have money, sucker"

Ngl I've got about a months salary of savings at 26. Feels shit atm. Life is a struggle.

Judge not, lest ye have a baby mama.

There but for the grace of Xenu, go I.

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to the whole "but they're family" bullshit. My brother is an asshole so I cut him out of my life. My gf has a sister who is a constant source of stress in her life and she always says "but she's my sister". Fuck that who cares.
I'm the same way. If someone is a leech on my back, I cut em loose.

Damn, people here raggin on their own families. That’s pretty fucked up.

My dad was an asshole and he’s dead, but I’d kill 20 people to be able to hang with him for one more day.

My dad was an asshole and he’s dead, but I’d kill 20 people to be able to hang with him for one more day.
No, this is fucked up

Agreed.

I feel bad for those that don't have my bond with parents and siblings.

I always get in fights in these kind of threads cause I say the brother might be in better shape if you spent more time with them and had their back.

Last edited:
Families are weird. The strangest relationships, sometimes. I love my family and would do anything for them, but my older brother has learning disabilities and is dependent, my baby brother has finally got his head on straight... seems like, anyway.

Drove to LA for a funeral and he needed a ride. First thing he says when I picked him up was “I don’t have any money.”
I was going to fly but he couldn’t since he said “I don’t have the money for that.” when I asked him about two weeks ago.
He has a 8 year old in Vegas that he never sees.
It’s crazy to me at how normal this is for him.
I understand that people have rough patches and all. But at least TRY to find a better job in order to support yourself and your kid.

It’s crazy because my dad taught us better. But he passed away almost 18 years ago. Just trips me out how someone doesn’t want better not only for himself but also for his kid.

He didn’t even say “Thanks” for the ride or food I bought.

Wtf?

Sounds kind of like a relative of mine. He ran up student loans, and spared no expenses when he was in college, thinking one day he would be making millions as an attorney. Then when he graduated, he realized just how competitive the industry is and how hard the work can be. Now, he barely makes enough to support himself and defaulted on his student loans long ago. Parents definitely taught him better.

Back