My 37 year old brother has no money.

Damn, people here raggin on their own families. That’s pretty fucked up.

My dad was an asshole and he’s dead, but I’d kill 20 people to be able to hang with him for one more day.

No disrespect to your dad.

But if you truly believe your dad was an asshole but you will kill 20 people to hang with him for one more day, the apple really didn't fall far from the tree.

I love my dad and my mum. My brother is an Asshole. I cut my ties with him years ago.

EDIT:
Chances are given to people that deserves it. Even family members. You could give family one or two more pass compared to others like friends or whoever, but you need to cut the ties after that like you will do to others. Else you are just aiding in whatever shitty life they are leading, because of those condonement, they will never change.

Last edited:
Damn, people here raggin on their own families. That’s pretty fucked up.

My dad was an asshole and he’s dead, but I’d kill 20 people to be able to hang with him for one more day.

Reported

Just Lo fuckin l at being obtuse enough to make dumb jokes about that kinda shit .

I don't subscribe to the whole "but they're family" bullshit. My brother is an asshole so I cut him out of my life. My gf has a sister who is a constant source of stress in her life and she always says "but she's my sister". Fuck that who cares.

I think it's a sad thing to not have a good relationship with your family. When all is said and done and you are lying on your deathbed, it's your family that's supposed to be there. Most friends come and go so if you don't want to end up bitter and alone I think it's best to try and fix your broken family relations.

Asshole family members? Those who entertain having negativity in their lives deserve it.

We're all different, nobody's perfect. He's your blood, give him a break.

My brother tries but just can’t do better than mid level shitty jobs...50-60k a year. He keeps trying to do better and ends up in the same spot. I always treat, and often stick money in his wallet when he isn’t looking. That’s my little bro, and I will always step up for him.

Where does he live? Here in Silicon Valley, a lot of people under 40 are just scraping by and that’s even when they do have decent paying jobs.

My wife and I both make above $70,000 K, we’re not taking it in, but we it’s decent pay. Anyway, if her East Coast family asked us to fly out in two weeks, that wouldn’t be super easy for us either.

My brother tries but just can’t do better than mid level shitty jobs...50-60k a year. He keeps trying to do better and ends up in the same spot. I always treat, and often stick money in his wallet when he isn’t looking. That’s my little bro, and I will always step up for him.

Is 50-60k really a "shitty job" in the USA? what does he do?

Is 50-60k really a "shitty job" in the USA? what does he do?
Well we live in NY metro area. He has done various desk jobs and sales jobs. It’s not that the jobs are bad, but 50-60k around here with a family=renting an apartment and driving small cars.

Well we live in NY metro area. He has done various desk jobs and sales jobs. It’s not that the jobs are bad, but 50-60k around here with a family=renting an apartment and driving small cars.

Oh, I see. I was thinking with how cheap housing is in America (on average) compared to London, surely he could do pretty well and have a mortgage on a good sized house. NY? Not so much.

Oh, I see. I was thinking with how cheap housing is in America (on average) compared to London, surely he could do pretty well and have a mortgage on a good sized house. NY? Not so much.

Yeah, a cheap shitty house could be bought for 320k or so. But with no money to put down, you ate talking a mortgage of probably over 3GS a month. Another 2-3k in house related bills.

TS should have stated his own age for comparison.

Sucks tho, hate being around poor people.

IMG_3754-1000x1000.jpg
Who is the crackhead?

For me, I guess it would depend on what kind of brother he was and what kind of person he is. Financial success is certainly one of the metrics we use to get the measure of someone. But it is only one metric, and it is far from the most important.

Yeah, a cheap shitty house could be bought for 320k or so. But with no money to put down, you ate talking a mortgage of probably over 3GS a month. Another 2-3k in house related bills.

Sounds better than Singapore. Can’t buy a house for less than $2m. One bedroom studio probably running $600k+, and forget about owning cars...

It happens. In Europe, especially some parts of it, this is no big deal. As long as a person isn' of poor character, and they aren't hurting people, some just choose a more leisurely life valuing things beside money. I'm pretty broke, have a few gs lol.. But it will be gone. Maybe I'll have a lot someday, maybe I won't.. I am raising my kids to be decent, and I enjoy my life enough. I'll be ready to die around 40; that is to say sit in front of a cpu for 25 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back