My 37 year old brother has no money.

here's what $789k buys you in San Fransisco
cheapest-house-San-Francisco-600x403.jpg

cheapest-house-San-Francisco6-600x400.jpg

cheapest-house-San-Francisco9-600x400.jpg

https://www.estately.com/listings/info/167-maynard-street

The best are the new condos and apartments they built on the former naval site at hunters point, on toxic ground.

Who is the crackhead?
Do you think it's okay for you to say racist things because your baby momma is black, and she doesn't like black people that much herself?

Because it's not, douchebag

Do you think it's okay for you to say racist things because your baby momma is black, and she doesn't like black people that much herself?

Because it's not, douchebag
Since when is crackhead racist? If it makes you feel better, I call white people crackheads too.

And the guy in that picture definitely looks like a crackhead.

I don't really feel bad for your brother I feel bad for his kid. if I had a kid I would be working two jobs even if it was two shitty jobs at fast food places.

Since when is crackhead racist? If it makes you feel better, I call white people crackheads too.

And the guy in that picture definitely looks like a crackhead.

Just say yes and ignore that virtue signalling cunt.

Is 50-60k really a "shitty job" in the USA? what does he do?
No not at all. In certain areas like Manhattan, parts of Boston or San Fran that would be average or low but in the majority of places in the states thats well above average. Housing here is also much cheaper than the UK or so it seems from what Ive seen in London and talking to my relatives in Ireland ( Belfast, N.Ireland, but they are catholic so consider it Ireland) I live in a "wealthy" state and found a great house for under 200,000. But in the town next to mine my house would of coast me about 80,000 more for what I got

People get used to being in and get comfortable in a routine. Some people are comfortable grinding it out and some get comfortable with eking out an existence.

It's so easy too.

The only thing keeping most men motivated, from what I've seen, is women and then the eventual family that goes along with it. Otherwise most people would be fairly satisfied with their position in life as long as it's not painful to endure.

Well we live in NY metro area. He has done various desk jobs and sales jobs. It’s not that the jobs are bad, but 50-60k around here with a family=renting an apartment and driving small cars.

The 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates had the median household income for New York City as $55,191. Is it a single income household? Even if so, that's median. Hardly "shitty."

If you want to own your home and drive a big car, you don't live in an Northeastern U.S. metropolitan center unless you're rich.

Cost of living in major US cities (NY, LA, etc) are around the same as London from what I've seen.

It's not an apples to apples comparison.

London generally has stupidly high housing prices, because it's filled with empty apartments owned by rich people from other parts of the world. It also has really expensive restaurants. A lot of other things are cheap, especially groceries, although that may change dramatically with Brexit. Like roommates? London seemed really cheap coming from Washington. Hate them? London will probably seem expensive (unless you're from New York, then it'll still seem cheap).

The 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates had the median household income for New York City as $55,191. Is it a single income household? Even if so, that's median. Hardly "shitty."

If you want to own your home and drive a big car, you don't live in an Northeastern U.S. metropolitan center unless you're rich.

It's not an apples to apples comparison.

London generally has stupidly high housing prices, because it's filled with empty apartments owned by rich people from other parts of the world. It also has really expensive restaurants. A lot of other things are cheap, especially groceries, although that may change dramatically with Brexit. Like roommates? London seemed really cheap coming from Washington. Hate them? London will probably seem expensive (unless you're from New York, then it'll still seem cheap).
How much are apples in London?

Oh, I see. I was thinking with how cheap housing is in America (on average) compared to London, surely he could do pretty well and have a mortgage on a good sized house. NY? Not so much.
Depends where you are. In California, in the San Francisco Bay Area the median home price is over $800k. Even with a good amount of money for a down payment, a mortgage of close to $5k/month is basically par for the course

Drove to LA for a funeral and he needed a ride. First thing he says when I picked him up was “I don’t have any money.”
I was going to fly but he couldn’t since he said “I don’t have the money for that.” when I asked him about two weeks ago.
He has a 8 year old in Vegas that he never sees.
It’s crazy to me at how normal this is for him.
I understand that people have rough patches and all. But at least TRY to find a better job in order to support yourself and your kid.

It’s crazy because my dad taught us better. But he passed away almost 18 years ago. Just trips me out how someone doesn’t want better not only for himself but also for his kid.

He didn’t even say “Thanks” for the ride or food I bought.

Wtf?

I used to judge people who are broke as lazy until I learned about poverty trap. Now, I'm more empathetic to broke people who make an effort to try to get out. Some people make an effort to get money but are always broke. It may take one event in your life or bad decision in there life that gets them stuck in poverty forever.

Poverty trap is a mechanism which makes it very difficult for people to escape poverty. A poverty trap is created when an economic system requires a significant amount of various forms of capital in order to earn enough to escape poverty.

Just keep being the best brother and uncle you can...most likely at this point he will not change.......pray for him.

Drove to LA for a funeral and he needed a ride. First thing he says when I picked him up was “I don’t have any money.”
I was going to fly but he couldn’t since he said “I don’t have the money for that.” when I asked him about two weeks ago.
I understand that people have rough patches and all. But at least TRY to find a better job in order to support yourself and your kid.

It’s crazy because my dad taught us better. But he passed away almost 18 years ago. Just trips me out how someone doesn’t want better not only for himself but also for his kid.

Wtf?

be glad at the crossroads you took the other one

got tons of friends from my old neighborhood like that, wasted some time trying to help them, when i had troubles stand up myself

now i'm doing good and left them behind, did'nt lost a sec of sleep over that lol

I don't subscribe to the whole "but they're family" bullshit. My brother is an asshole so I cut him out of my life. My gf has a sister who is a constant source of stress in her life and she always says "but she's my sister". Fuck that who cares.
PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

You don't get to leech and bring negativity into my life just because we share DNA.

My brother-in-law is the same way. He’s 35 and barely makes enough to live. Actually I guess he doesn’t since he’s still getting help from his mom in the form of cash occasionally and paying for his car and insurance. We bail him out sometimes too. So I guess we are part of the problem.

BUT...He’s a singer/songwriter and LOVES what he does. He is super talented but I think that only matters about 15% in that business. He’s also a really nice person and my kids love him & he loves my kids.

TLDR: Similar story, but we love him and he’s a nice guy doing what he loves so we let it go.

Wtf?
Sorry man that sucks, Hopefully one day he'll wake up and get his shit together and be a father to his kid.

Wtf?

Go tell you brotha from anotha motha to watch Black Panther. It may inspire him.

Back