My attempts to stimulate glute and hamstring growth

Another nice break through with squats.

In terms of maintaining that strong back arch, so my frame can take the weight - I found, keeping my head/eyes, pointed directly up, to the ceiling almost, kind of like the curl in a scorpion's tail.

That ensures the arch stays strong, and I can get good depth without collapsing forward, having to stop short, and the bar path being compromised.

Had a nice session yesterday.

Two body weight circuits to warm up.

Adding in a little more ab work, with the addition of front levers:

DannyKavadloFrontLever_283w.jpg

FIve times from vertical to horizontal.
I can't hold them, but even the motion is a good ab workout.

Then RDL's with a sumo stance and grip - worked up to 200 kgs, and got 2 sets of 1 on that.

Some leg press - 7 plates either side maxed out on so, 280 kgs?

Then finished up with some sprints.

A
In terms of maintaining that strong back arch, so my frame can take the weight - I found, keeping my head/eyes, pointed directly up, to the ceiling almost, kind of like the curl in a scorpion's tail.
That doesn't seem like a good idea.

^^ Well, it's subjective - considering my flexion, I'm more comfortable with squats than I've ever been.

I know it's unorthodox but, that's what each individuals body is, essentially, also.

Hit 160 kgs today also.

1 Rep.
Never felt comfortable going above 150 kgs for triples - but got that today.

Also hitting 235 kgs on the hex bar deadlift.

That being said, again, to compensate for my flexion - it's hex bar, high handle, plus propped up on 15 kg bumper plates - so really, it's more of a rack pull, but with hex bar handles.

But I'm still pretty happy with it - it's blowing up my traps and upper body pretty good.

Doing it for triples.

This evenings session:

15 dips
10 hand stand press ups
8 muscle ups on the bar
5 front levers
10 one hand press ups either side

2 sets of that.

Then hex bar DL's - started at 5's at 175kgs - 205, then 225, then two sets of three at 235 kgs.

Then - I dragged my lame carcass from the gym.

PS - some dipshit was crying that there was chalk on the squat bar - which I put there for low bar squats, which I always do.
Is it etiquette to clean the bar of chalk when you're done with it?
Chalk is allowed and supplied by this gym.

What else is happening in the life of EatMyShorts?

That chick next door - the one whom I falsely advertised my being a personal trainer to?
Yeah - she doesn't come out and hang any more.
She keeps her fucking blinds drawn all the time.
We share the same balcony - but, I mean - basically, I think she's avoiding me.

I'm going to assume it's cause, I think she understands she could definitely get my hog, but definitely not in the relationship sense.
In the occasional trip to pound town sense - sure.
But not, you know - in the girlfriend sense.

Maybe she had me tagged as marriage material initially - lol.

In regards to chicks being jealous of my newly developed gluteus muscles - you know when chicks get jealous - that kind of hate you?
And be bitchy?

Well - I'm definitely seeing more bitchy - everywhere.
Supermarket, street, grappling club, gym.

Lots of bitchy.

For the moment - I'm just going to take it as a good thing, and keep beating them at their own game, by making my ass, streets better than the hottest girls ass.

You're fucked.

You know i've been asking myself that same thing.

RDL's I mean - I think the form is okay - but I am getting some tenderness in my lumbar quads/lower back region.

So - form check please:

Last edited:
How close to depth is that?

The bouncing?

That's me inflating my chest to tighten up - I kind of have to, pop the weight up a little to get all the air in.

But - form check on the romanian deadlifts in particular - pretty please?
Anyone?

How close to depth is that?

The bouncing?

That's me inflating my chest to tighten up - I kind of have to, pop the weight up a little to get all the air in.

But - form check on the romanian deadlifts in particular - pretty please?
Anyone?

How close to depth? Well depth is generally defined as the top surface of the legs at the hip joint being lower than the top of the knees, so you should be able to pause your video at the lowest point and see how far off from that definition you are. I don't know how bouncing your legs like that helps to inflate your chest - can't you just take a big breath?

I made another modification to the squats.

Before, you guys were saying, to stick the ass out as far as.

When I was doing that, I was getting forward collapse.
But, with the modification of keeping my chin up, that keeps the top part of my back up also so - alleviating forward collapse.

Now I'm sticking my ass out - and getting a lot more power in the squat.
It just feels more natural also - like my body responding better to it.

just taking shit down a notch slightly:

squats at 70 - 110 kgs

Basically it seems, keeping a good spinal extension - in terms of my chin up and ass out.

It's basically a means to keeping that spinal extension!!

OORAHH!!

That's where i get best depth and power.

Iam fucking flaked right now.

Broke my hand - still squatting!

Cut the cast off my hand.

Probably not a good idea but fuck it.
It was making me crazy.

My new working out queue is, "Spinal Extension" - and, it's working, excellently.

Squats feel the best they ever have.

That issue I was having with RDL's?

No more.

Squats using the queue, "spinal extension".

Rock solid form.

extending your spine is a great idea.

If you want to injure yourself.

Squats using the queue, "spinal extension".

Rock solid form.

I hope you don't think I'm being mean, but that really isn't "rock solid form" at all.

You're still not hitting depth, you aren't really completing the reps and your spinal extension queue is a recipe for injury. Have you at least watched some decent squat videos on YouTube?

I suggest "So you think you can squat," or something similar. Stop what you're doing, lighten the load and fix the form.

Back