My close encounter with a skunk in my chicken coop***WITH NEW UPDATE PAGE 2***

Dig a hole in the ground at a steep angle. Put a new 3 foot section of 6 inch diameter galvanized stove pipe in it with some chicken guts at the bottom. The skunk can get in but not out as the pipe will be too slippery.

Did this today.
Caught a bear.
Now there's a bear running around my house with a 3 foot galvanized steel protected arm that he can use to deflect my bullets off of.

Thanks, Obama.

Last night, I was going out to the chicken coop on my farm. I was going to collect my eggs and close the chickens in for the night. As I got inside the chicken coop there was a skunk looking back at me stealing some eggs in one of the nesting boxes. It was already dark and all I had was a flashlight and my headlamp. I went back to the house to get my gun, but by the time I got back to the coop the skunk was running off. I always keep a cage trap close to my coop to catch varmints, but it already had a possum caught inside. Luckily I did not get sprayed in the process of this close encounter!

tenor.gif

Has anyone had a close encounter with a skunk? How did you get rid of it with out getting caught in the line of fire from the skunk spray?
I suggest posting this image as a deterrent. Fight skunk with skunk!
ugly-hillary-clinton.jpg

wtf ts dont kill it. just fix ur god damn chicken coop and toss a few eggs outside of it once ina while, hes probably just hungry.

10 ft
Muscles located next to the scent glands allow them to spray with a high degree of accuracy, as far as 3 m (10 ft). The smell aside, the spray can cause irritation and even temporary blindness, and is sufficiently powerful to be detected by a human nose up to 5.6 km (3.5 miles) down wind.

So stay at least 10 feet away from it and throw rocks or something at it and hope it run away. But if it starts chasing you, you better run. But a Skunk can only run at 10mph. Hope you're not some 300 lb teenager.

Do they run backwards with their ass pointed at you or run fast to get close enough to turn and spray?

Last night, I was going out to the chicken coop on my farm. I was going to collect my eggs and close the chickens in for the night. As I got inside the chicken coop there was a skunk looking back at me stealing some eggs in one of the nesting boxes. It was already dark and all I had was a flashlight and my headlamp. I went back to the house to get my gun, but by the time I got back to the coop the skunk was running off. I always keep a cage trap close to my coop to catch varmints, but it already had a possum caught inside. Luckily I did not get sprayed in the process of this close encounter!

tenor.gif

Has anyone had a close encounter with a skunk? How did you get rid of it with out getting caught in the line of fire from the skunk spray?

nah, never with a skunk. i did almost get attacked by a raccoon that i think had rabies. luckily i was on my bike, so the raccoon could only shriek, and that was scary-enough lol.

I was once interrupted by a skunk while "doing the deed" with a young woman. Happened in a flower bush, very romantic until the encounter. We didn't get sprayed but we fled the premises and resumed our intercourse at home.

Long story short, cucked by Pepe Le Pew...

wtf ts dont kill it. just fix ur god damn chicken coop and toss a few eggs outside of it once ina while, hes probably just hungry.
Nothing wrong with my chicken coop. The girls just need to be shut in at night for protection. Next time I catch another one, I'll spare it, if you want to come and pick it up.

I was once interrupted by a skunk while "doing the deed" with a young woman. Happened in a flower bush, very romantic until the encounter. We didn't get sprayed but we fled the premises and resumed our intercourse at home.

Long story short, cucked by Pepe Le Pew...
LOL

Do they run backwards with their ass pointed at you or run fast to get close enough to turn and spray?
It's a defense mechanism. So they're not going to chase you to spray you. They will turn around, spray and run away.

tenor.gif

Nope, but my dogs have tasted defeat........twice. Game Pits my ass.

Nope, but my dogs have tasted defeat........twice. Game Pits my ass.

So has my American Bulldog.

He has a strong prey drive and used to get sprayed 1-2 times a year.
Finally ended when after just getting hosed 2 days earlier, he cornered another one.
This time he got sprayed from 6 inches DIRECTLY on the face.
His snout got swelled up (not too much) but he finally learned his lesson.

After that he just stares at them from afar with barely repressed teeth gnashing anger.

PS - I find bathing him with big jugs of tomato juice and scrubbed with tomato paste helps a lot with the smell.
A lot.

I worked on a farm once that had a skunk problem. It was getting into the coops and not only stealing the eggs, but killing the baby ducks and baby chickens. Anyway we set cage traps and caught the biggest skunk I've ever seen in my life. This was long ago - I would never kill a skunk now and that's another story - but back then I could be ruthless. To prevent being sprayed I walked forward holding up a big blue tarp, so the skunk got the tarp and not me. Then I lay the tarp down on the cage the skunk was in, wrapped up the cage with the tarp, picked up the cage like that, went over to the pond, and....you can guess the rest. Forever bad karma. Yes I believe in that.
<DCrying>

My 5 dogs gained up on one right outside my bedroom window one night. It was the most intense commotion listing to it. By the time I got outside The skunk was pretty much dead; however, I took whatever life he had left with a shot to the head.

There was no way it could have lived with the damage the dogs did.

Did this today.
Caught a bear.
Now there's a bear running around my house with a 3 foot galvanized steel protected arm that he can use to deflect my bullets off of.

Thanks, Obama.
Those fuckin liberal snowflakes. They think, Oh, we have to make an even playing field. Bears need to a right to bear arms and shield themselves..."
<3>
fuck that. Fuck those bears and freeloading welfare hippies, too. They're ruining my medicare benefits.

Back