My Favorite Feud Ever!

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This was from the 1989 feud between Ric Flair and Terry Funk. Terry Funk is my favorite wrestler ever and this feud is what made him my favorite wrestler. It's still the best feud I've ever seen him or Ric Flair in!

Midnight Express vs Rock N Roll express

Or

Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard

All of the above and add Cactus Jack Vs Vader, Sting and Flair, and Steamboat/Savage

I remember Booker T and Benoit having a great feud over the TV title in WCW

Austin vs Vince

I miss the long term feuds where the face had to fight through the minions before even being able getting his hands on the heel, let alone a match.

Now we get endless RAW after PPV rematch feuds....

A long feud, though not a favorite of mine, was DDP and Marc Mero, when both were early mid-carders. It seemed to go on for years.

Rock-n-Roll Express vs the Midnight Express was one of the greats.

Flair and Steamboat, over their 70's and 80's careers. Top Notch!

Dusty and Tully was brutal. Dusty with Ole, and with the Four Horsemen. All great feuds. Dusty and Terry Funk was a brutal feud.

Wahoo and Johnny Valentine was a feud that was taken to most of the biggest territories.

Harley and Dusty was good.

Jack Brisco and Dory Funk, Jr. Another that went to all territories before, during, and after their times as NWA World Champion.

Austin vs Vince

I miss the long term feuds where the face had to fight through the minions before even being able getting his hands on the heel, let alone a match.

Now we get endless RAW after PPV rematch feuds....

Hart-Lawler was a great long term feud. They just established that hatred immediately, and the feud never ended. I don't think Lawler ever got the win, but he kept on for what felt like forever, 3 or 4 years anyway, just shitting on Bret and his whole family.

Von Erichs/Freebirds has to be mentioned.

Hart-Lawler was a great long term feud. They just established that hatred immediately, and the feud never ended. I don't think Lawler ever got the win, but he kept on for what felt like forever, 3 or 4 years anyway, just shitting on Bret and his whole family.

Flair vs Sting was a great endless fued as well.

I'll throw any combination of the Hardys vs E&C vs Dudleys in the discussion of great fued as well

My post centered around my NWA youth. Growing up in Oklahoma, we had the local Tri-States wrestling that became Mid-South then UWF. We were early adopters of Cable, since there really isn't shit to do here for a city boy. Lots to do if you are in the country. I had a lot of fun in the country! I got to see some WCCW, AWA, Central States, and AWA, too, especially when I stayed in St. Louis during the late 70s/early 80s during the summer and on Christmas break. My grandparents lived in St. Louis.

Anyway... More ramblings from my almost-50-year-old ass:

The Von Erich/Freebird feud was great.

Von Erichs vs Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez was really hot until cocaine did Gino in.

I always loved Cowboy Bill Watts, and he came out of retirement a few times to put a hurtin' on the Midnight Express, the Blade Runners (Sting and Ultimate Warrior), and Ted Dibiase.

Mr. Wrestling II vs the Masked Superstar! What a great mask vs mask feud!

Mr. Wrestling II vs Magnum TA.

Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard was already mentioned. Magnums last feud was with Nikita Koloff, and it was just as good. When Magnum was car-wrecked out of wrestling, Dusty took Nikita as his partner, and it was great.

Ernie Ladd had some great feuds, as did Dick Murdoch. Both of them were tremendous at cutting promos!

Ladd had a cool feud with a young, babyface Paul Orndorff.

I did get to see some of the big house shows the WWF had on the USA network. They used to show house shows from Madison Square Garden, the Boston Garden, and the Philadelphia Spectrum. I got to see Andre vs Big John Studd's blow-off cage match from one of these shows.

Flair vs Sting was a great endless fued as well.

I'll throw any combination of the Hardys vs E&C vs Dudleys in the discussion of great fued as well

Flair and Sting just stayed forever in each other's orbit, but it wasn't always hate between them. Id imagine a writeup of their 15 year feud would be lengthier and with more twists and turns than just about any other in the last 40 years or so.

Flair and Sting just stayed forever in each other's orbit, but it wasn't always hate between them. Id imagine a writeup of their 15 year feud would be lengthier and with more twists and turns than just about any other in the last 40 years or so.

I vaguely recall heel Sting vs face Flair at some point. But I could be wrong

Midnight Rockers vs "Playboy" Buddy Rose and "Pretty Boy" Doug Sommers
Tommy Dreamer vs Raven
Kevin Steen vs El Generico
Shockmaster vs Gravity

Midnight Rockers vs "Playboy" Buddy Rose and "Pretty Boy" Doug Sommers
Tommy Dreamer vs Raven
Kevin Steen vs El Generico
Shockmaster vs Gravity
Growing up on AWA, the Rose/Sommers tag team is vastly underrated. That was a great feud.

Yea I always tell people that the Rockers vs Rose & Sommers feud is the best unknown feud in the 80's
If that took place in JCP or Memphis it would be celebrated as one of the best feuds of the timeframe

Hacksaw butch reed against hacksaw jim duggan
jake roberts vs. humongous

Austin vs. Hart, which then morphed into the USA vs. Canada thing. The initial Austin/Hart feud had it all. Great wrestling, an established guy getting a new (to WWF) guy over, understandable motivation for both guys. Then came the double switch which launched the biggest babyface run in wrestling post-Hogan and the creation of a new heel faction that saw Bret and Owen finally reconcile. On top of that you had that awesome time where Bret and the Harts were heels in the US but faces outside of the US, and guys like Austin and HBK (and pretty much anyone that went against the Harts) were faces in the US and heels outside. The Canadian Stampede PPV/main event is an underrated gem. And all that led to off-shoot feuds including Owen 3:16 breaking Austin's neck and then the reignited HBK/Bret feud culminating in the Screwjob.

Hogan had some of the best feuds. Piper, Andre, and Macho man were all legendary, too bad there was no WM1 Piper blowoff.

iu

Hogan believed the most logical explanation was that the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase paid for plastic surgery so they looked alike.

Hogan had some of the best feuds. Piper, Andre, and Macho man were all legendary, too bad there was no WM1 Piper blowoff.

iu

Hogan believed the most logical explanation was that the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase paid for plastic surgery so they looked alike.
You left out Orndorff. he should definitely be included amongst his legendary feuds
The cage match on SNME and the turn against Studd and Bundy are some of Hogans best stuff

Back