My fights from the NY Golden Gloves...

Anthony Karperis

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is Anthony Karperis and I have been around the forums alot. I don't really post to much but I always come here for advice from you guys and you guys never steer me wrong. The conditioning forum has really done wonders for me and I've been successful so far because I followed of lot of the things some of the members at sherdog told me to do. I started competing in my first Golden Gloves in early February. I won my two prelims and i just won my quarter finals match last night in the 132 novice division. I have my prelim fights online and I'm uploading my quarter finals fight now. In my first fight you could see I got gassed and didn't know what to do but still managed to pull through. In my second fight my cardio was much better, and it was even better in my last fight. This was all after using the search function haha and posting a couple new threads to get specific help for myself and it really has helped me. I just want to say thanks again.

February 5, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Gold) v Daniel Hernandez(Blue)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Daniel Hernandez(Unattached) 132-N

February 27, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Andrew Laguillo(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Andrew Laguillo(Unattached) 132-N

March 14, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v William Andrade(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v William Andrade(Brotherhood) 132-N

March 27, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Carlos LaCayo(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Carlos LaCayo(South Bronx) 132-N

April 18, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Marlon Charlton(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Marlon Charlton(NYC PAL) 132-N

Grats. Good body work. Not too many ams go to the body. Also, good job not letting that guy get to ya with his taunts. You kept your cool, and worked him over. Keep it up

I'll make sure you get a Fighter Tag, you should have one so we know to support you even in any tom-foolery around these parts.

Thanks guys I appreciate it, I'm gonna have my quarter final fight up by tomorrow. The semis are on the 27th, I'll keep you guys posted!

I'm gonna get it for you. No worries. It might take a day or two, but you'll have it.

*claps* very nice my friend. Your opponent must have wanted to marry your left hook after spending so much time together.

Thanks for posting those, Anthony.
As stated, I liked how you went to the body with that left hook. Doubled it up a few times too.
Nice work. Keep posting those videos, I'll keep watching.

nice stomach shots in the second one, that guy in the first seemed like a tool, good job beating him :p

I must say, that was pretty impressive. You've got a nice style inside the ring and you seem to carry yourself with alot of poise. The footwork was delightful as well. Reflexes look solid, handspeed is there and you fought the big guy the way you should. Slipped a lot of his shots and didn't waste the opportunity to counter him. So many ammy's fail at that last point.

Again, pretty impressive.

How long have you been at this for?

The SD server doesn't take well to the Australian bandwith, eh? :icon_chee

WTF. Still the same as ever, I see.

Back