My fights from the NY Golden Gloves...

I jump around everywhere, mainly in Huntington and Dix Hills, there are those to gyms

ohh your from LI

Im in the city and the two most overrated gyms are Church and Gleasons. Overcrowed and overpriced, alll exposure

edit: oops double post, didnt think the first one posted the other day

well done anthony, look forward to more of your fights

hey anthony u looked great good movement and combination punching to the body. keep it up man. throw in a few bolo punches for us here at sherdog in ur next fight

Alright guys finals are tomorrow! Wish me luck, I'm just about on weight and I'm feeling pretty good, weighins are at 11 and the fights start at 7:30, u guys have any pointers on what to eat to get some energy because I'm used to fighting an hour after weighin rather than 7 or 8 hours after...

Make sure everything you eat is something your body is accustomed too, and included in your regular diet already.

pedilite to hydrate (if that's even an issue), hit a couple energy bars maybe, carb it up :D

Alright guys finals are tomorrow! Wish me luck, I'm just about on weight and I'm feeling pretty good, weighins are at 11 and the fights start at 7:30, u guys have any pointers on what to eat to get some energy because I'm used to fighting an hour after weighin rather than 7 or 8 hours after...

congrats on making it so far. good luck.

Win the gg's so I can tell people I e-know you!

hey guys i won! unanimous decision!!! i'll b back on later to tell u a ltitle more....!

hey guys i won! unanimous decision!!! i'll b back on later to tell u a ltitle more....!

Must have been my dy-no-mite pre-fight hydration instructions *nods approvingly*

On a serious not, AWESOME fucking Job AK, *applauds*

Hey guys sorry about the wait...the day started off when i went to the city to weighin around 11, i weighed in a lb under thanks to the weightcutting thread...but anywayz i made weight and hung around the whole day at the affinia in the city, 6 o clock i had to be back at msg where i waited to go on around 8:45...anywayz the first round started off feeling eachother out a bit and i noticed i could land my jab at will so i used it to set some other stuff later on. we traded some combos and i noticed he wasnt as strong as i thought he would be so i wasnt afraid to get in and strike to the body...towards the end of the round he kept his hand high so i teed off to the body with some cotto-esque shots haha 2nd round started off and like i ssaid i used my jab a lot and i would hit the body with it and come over with an over hand right which landed on the button and sent him back...i went after him on the ropes til he got out of the corner...third round we pretty much went after eachother and i moved my head a lot, i noticed he couldnt figure out my defense so i just kept with it...anywayz i won by a unanimous decision and boy am i pumped hah thanks again for your support and ill get the video up sometime when it gets on msg, because my friend who taped it did horrible job because he wasexcited haha

A Night at the Fights
BY MARCUS HENRY

Boxing is dead? I had trouble even writing that phrase, especially after what I saw at the 81st Annual New York Golden Gloves Finals at the Theater at Madison Square Garden on Friday night.

Over 5,000 spectators packed the theater at MSG to witness the future of New York boxing. And the fighters on the card didn’t disappoint.

Fighters from all walks of life, from physical trainers, to high school students, to research scientists and teachers, took part in a great night at the fights. One local fighter on the card was Connetquot high school senior Kathleen "Kitty" Walsh. Although Walsh came away with a defeat in the 138-pound division, she showed a lot of spirit and helped put on one of the night’s most exciting bouts.

In the 132-pound novice championship Hicksville’s Anthony Karperis scored the first and only title for Long Island as he topped Marlon Charlton.

IN OTHER LOCAL MATCHES: Central Islip’s Allen Littlejohn lost a decision to Anthony Caramanno in the 152-pound novice championship…Livingstone Joseph topped Mike Brooks (Freeport) in the 141-pound open championship…

STAR SEARCH: No sport or team (except the Knicks when they are good) brings out the stars like boxing. And the Golden Gloves had its share of them. Iran "The Blade" Barkley, the only man to beat Tommy Hearns twice, was in the house. Motion picture star Ethan Hawke was also in attendance. Soprano’s star Lorraine Bracco, Roberto Alomar and former WBA welterweight champion Mark Breland were also on hand. Giants running back Brandon Jacobs got the loudest ovation. And don’t think the stars were of the Johnny-come-lately variety. Hawke, Jacobs and Alomar stayed until the very end.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/boxing/blog/

Back