My gloves stink!

pepe

White Belt
Reaction score
they're starting to stink, as with my shinguard.... right now i just want to get the smell out, but the thing is, i can spray with febreeze, but everytime i put my hand pull it out it has this smell... its like stuck, so spraying with fucking febreze will add to it and make it more smelly.... any tips?

try lysol wipes

best treatment is prevention. I lysol wipe my glove interior weekly, plus wear handwraps.

Sounds like you are too late.
That smell is bacteria.

Try putting them in a Trash Bag and put them in the FREEZER for a day.
That will kill the funk living in them.

The real good bit of info though is that your Shin Guards stink too.
Sounds like you are leaving your wet gear in a bag or in a closet after use.
Or you just stink :)

I have a pair of Fairtex Shin Guards that I bought 10 years ago.
They are stained but they don't smell.
Always let your gear air dry....hang it up...blow a Fan on it...
Get a big Mesh bag from a Sporting goods store to carry your wet gear and/or to store it for long periods of time when not in use.

jmp

After every training session I wipe down the outside of my glove with a light all purpose cleaner, then spray the inside with Febreeze Anti Bacterial, then prop up the opening of the glove against a fan for at least an hour to dry.

I always put a pair of glove dogs in my gloves when I'm done using them.

Glove Dogs from Title Boxing

2m4d0ro.gif

yeah buy one of those mesh soccer ball bags and store your gear in it, lets it breathe

The stink is bacteria. Bacteria don't live if you dry your stuff. Get a boot dryer (I got a cheap one at Dick's sporting goods for 30 bucks or so). Put your gloves on the dryer as soon as you get home.

It's too late not, but for future prevention you can try putting Baby Powder on your hand after training then put them back in the gloves. The powder will eat up the moisture.

I air it out by hanging it outdoors. I have several pairs so I can rotate the gloves.

Fabric softener dryer sheets. Stick one in each glove after each use. Acts the same as a "Glove Dog". Absorbs moister and freshens the smell of your glove.

Fabric softener dryer sheets. Stick one in each glove after each use. Acts the same as a "Glove Dog". Absorbs moister and freshens the smell of your glove.

Wow someone else does this :D

I've been doing it on my shinnies for years!

Dryer sheets work well. Just make sure you put your gym bag outside overnight and you will be fine. Dont leave it in you car if you dont want to be the smelly guy in the gym...every gym has one.

i normally tried to air it out after i finish working out with them. i'm not sure if putting it in the sun works too? i always heard that if you put your gloves in the sun, it will kill the germs.

Soak them overnight in hot water with a cup of vinger. Drain them and soak them again over night with a cup of baking soda. They will be odor free after they dry.

saying freezer kills bacteria can this kill smelly trainers?

I use a dehumidifier and my gloves are dry within 10 minutes. I never had a problem with smelly gloves.

I use a dry box with a dehumidifier inside. They dry out fast. But if you are lazy, buy hayabusa T3 or winning or di nardo They never get stinky.
Any gloves that use silver thread will prevent bacteria from growing.
And avoid rival gloves,they are worst since they use cotton lining.

Update: Got some news from Infinitude, they are researching on using silver thread for their gloves inner lining. Silver is a good antibacterial. hayabusa T3 use it.

Last edited:
Ozonice them. After that they are like new. Use a "Ozon generator". Despite that you can use it for a lot of other things.

I just put cotton socks inside after workouts. They pull the moisture away from the padding

Back