My lower back is hurting, any tips/advice?

Tim1

White Belt
Reaction score
I was playing basketball with my friend and I go up for a rebound. Then a pain just pops out of nowhere in my lower back region. It hurts to bend over to touch my toes. Can anyone give me any advice and the quickest way to heal because I have to get back into training for muay thai!

Sounds muscular. Dont train. Alternate ice/heat, take anti-inflammatory. If not better in 2 days see a dr.

Sounds muscular. Dont train. Alternate ice/heat, take anti-inflammatory. If not better in 2 days see a dr.

is it normal for the pain to come out of nowhere? i just jumped up once and it starting hurting like crazy. i was playing perfectly fine before that :/

is it normal for the pain to come out of nowhere? i just jumped up once and it starting hurting like crazy. i was playing perfectly fine before that :/

Could've pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle.

1. See a doctor (chiropractor or orthopedist)
2. Do what the doctor tells you

Is best if you can diagnose if it is muscle strain or nerve pain? For nerve pain, u usually feel it on the legs, and have difficulty bending or even walking. It can happen anytime. Mine happened when i walked out of my shower, felt nerve pinch, and I couldn't walk after that.

The last thing you want is disc issue (slipped disc, herniated disc etc). Go see a doctor, and he will perform few simple diagnosis and decide if MRI is necessary. Ask for some anti inflammatory such as Arcoxia 90mg or 120mg.

Hopefully just muscle strain, and good luck.

Do NOT run, jump, bend over, lift anything, SIT for an extended period of times, or do anything strenuous until you go see a doctor.

Have you tried using a foam roller ? I was having back issues after working out punching and kicking the punch bags (I'm 53), I was doing all sorts of stretch and back exercises including the warm up exercises for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but still my back was giving me issues. Then I started using the foam roller and it's been the miracle cure for me, couldn't recommend it enough, not a single issue with my back since I started using it. Only takes a few minutes before or after a workout -

It sounds like a muscle strain. Go see a doctor immediately and they will likely put you on steroids and a non narcotic pain killer. You'll be amazed at how much the steroids speed up the recovery process.

I stopped lifting because I herniated a disc in my L5/S1. Now my life sucks.

Can't you get it operated on? Not being able to work out for the rest of your life would suck.

How old are you?

Can't you get it operated on? Not being able to work out for the rest of your life would suck.

How old are you?

Well no. I just can't go to a doctor and tell them to operate. You just do tons of physical therapy and pain management first. Lots of people who have had back surgery sometimes are worse off, look at tiger woods and Steve Kerr.

"You just do tons of physical therapy and pain management first"

You should probably do that then...?

See a doctor first.

Get a yoga mat and a medicine ball and start doing exercises.

don't train for a week, you could worsen your injury. get plenty of rest so you could heal faster and FOCUS on your diet since you won't be burning as much calories. when you have close to full mobility w/o feeling pain,make sure you stretch and warm up before you train again.

dr-google.jpg

If you use common sense there's actually a lot of good information on the internet. My doctor was going to prescribe me corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs that are bad for the liver for psoriatic arthritis until I did my own research and discovered the aip diet. It's very effective and a healthier alternative that he didn't mention or know a lot about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back