My Morning Contribution: Obama, the Great Pragmatist

He should have focused on the fact that racism is a human problem and not a white one. That everybody is capable of it and that it's wrong in all forms. He should have focused on the incredible progress we have made, going from Jim crow to a black president in a couple generations.

While racism is a human problem, let's be serious... it's not harming whites in society. It's harming the black community.

Fact is, black people born in the last 20 years know nothing about true racism. Their ancestors suffered and toiled to get to this point and instead of capitalizing on it they are squandering it by blaming others for their problems.

Young blacks certainly experience true racism and pretending like they don't is silly. While it's certainly better than older generations, there's definitely true racism around. I live in a major city with a large black population, and as a white guy I hear the most racist shit come out of white people's mouths all the time.

The fact is, more blacks are in college than ever before. So acting like they are squandering anything to pretend like they are just victims is blatantly false. The majority of the real black community is moving forward every day, but they are still being held back by racism. Want an example? My black fiancee is a great lawyer. She can't even wear her hair natural because it's too "ethnic". She has to straighten it up to make it look more white. And in my experience, black sounding names often get tossed out of resume stacks. Things like that still happen all the time and it's not just because they are pretending to be victims.

When politicians, liberals, pundits talk about racism today what they are actually talking about is RESULTS.

That's just a really dumb thing to say. Pretending like thousands of different people over years are all talking about "RESULTS" is crazy. People talk about different things because they all have different opinions.

Blacks are more likely to be in poverty, in prison, single family homes, do shitty in school, etc etc etc. These stats are constantly pointed to as proof of racism when really the why is the question. That's the question nobody wants to discuss honestly.

The question why? People know why. They got treated like shit and couldn't get an education or share white services until the 70s. All the while, they were economically limited by a lack of job availability and housing limitations. Couldn't get a job because nobody wanted to hire blacks and they couldn't move to a nice area because nobody wanted blacks in their nice white neighborhoods. Then the drug war systematically targeted black male youths and the men who would be those fathers and income providers, sending them to jail at record rates for long periods of time.

The black community is recovering from a few hundred years of being treated like straight dog shit by Americans, and people really want to pretend like all of that shouldn't have lasting consequences or that we don't know why. We know why. We just don't want to admit why.

If the black community had migrated to America and been afforded the same opportunities as everyone else who was white did, do you really think they'd have the same problems they have today? I don't think they would.

I find it absolutely ridiculous to pretend like President Obama was bad for race relations or that he tried to stir up problems. If anyone did that it's President Trump. Trump is the one calling every brown person under the sun a rapist, criminal, or terrorist.

While racism is a human problem, let's be serious... it's not harming whites in society. It's harming the black community.

Young blacks certainly experience true racism and pretending like they don't is silly. While it's certainly better than older generations, there's definitely true racism around. I live in a major city with a large black population, and as a white guy I hear the most racist shit come out of white people's mouths all the time.

The fact is, more blacks are in college than ever before. So acting like they are squandering anything to pretend like they are just victims is blatantly false. The majority of the real black community is moving forward every day, but they are still being held back by racism. Want an example? My black fiancee is a great lawyer. She can't even wear her hair natural because it's too "ethnic". She has to straighten it up to make it look more white. And in my experience, black sounding names often get tossed out of resume stacks. Things like that still happen all the time and it's not just because they are pretending to be victims.

That's just a really dumb thing to say. Pretending like thousands of different people over years are all talking about "RESULTS" is crazy. People talk about different things because they all have different opinions.

The question why? People know why. They got treated like shit and couldn't get an education or share white services until the 70s. All the while, they were economically limited by a lack of job availability and housing limitations. Couldn't get a job because nobody wanted to hire blacks and they couldn't move to a nice area because nobody wanted blacks in their nice white neighborhoods. Then the drug war systematically targeted black male youths and the men who would be those fathers and income providers, sending them to jail at record rates for long periods of time.

The black community is recovering from a few hundred years of being treated like straight dog shit by Americans, and people really want to pretend like all of that shouldn't have lasting consequences or that we don't know why. We know why. We just don't want to admit why.

If the black community had migrated to America and been afforded the same opportunities as everyone else who was white did, do you really think they'd have the same problems they have today? I don't think they would.

I find it absolutely ridiculous to pretend like President Obama was bad for race relations or that he tried to stir up problems. If anyone did that it's President Trump. Trump is the one calling every brown person under the sun a rapist, criminal, or terrorist.

Sorry but I find your post to be utter garbage. Just so much nonsense it's kind of comical.

Your gf has to wear her hair a certain way because. ....Some unknown reason.

Some guys you know said some racist shit to one another and that's evidence of whites holding back blacks....

Just sad outlook really. For every white person whispering racist shit to another white there are 2 black people openly saying racist shit in public. It's just the way it is...racism is a human trait plain and simple. Some white guys hateful thoughts aren't holding back a race of people.

Idk man I'm tired and going to bed. I can't even address the shit you've said, it's just so wrong and there's so much of it.

The first two videos I looked at on yt include Obama praising the progress made. I suspect I could find more if I kept looking. He's not a racial radical by any stretch.

If you can't be bothered to read a summary of reports consisting of hundreds of pages, but instead want me to summarise summaries, that comes across as low effort and not in the spirit of actual debate. It seems you won't look because it contradicts your beliefs. It's sat in front of you but you won't read because you want me to reinvent the wheel.

It's not like I linked you to the original reports

Dude 90 percent of his speeches involved race and class warfare.

But you're right. ..He was great for race relations. Just look around at all the good he did.

@kahiljabroni

Please watch this, the two videos above and the Selma speech. Plenty if references to progress made but more work to do. What's wrong with that?

Who's got more work to do? White people have more work to do for black people? Or do Blacks have any part in this?

This mentality pisses me off because shit will not improve when you blame other people or rely on others to fix shit.

Who's got more work to do? White people have more work to do for black people? Or do Blacks have any part in this?

This mentality pisses me off because shit will not improve when you blame other people or rely on others to fix shit.

Where did you get this from in either video? Quote the line.

Dude 90 percent of his speeches involved race and class warfare.

But you're right. ..He was great for race relations. Just look around at all the good he did.

If you thought Obama was obsessed with race and class warfare, you'd have thought MLK was a real uppity n****** who needs to learn his place and ought to stop complaining about civil rights and concentrate on the decreased number of lynchings.

People go so overboard to criticise Obama - they have no sense of reality. It's truly bizarre.

When confronted with evidence of multiple instances of taxpayer funded racist targeting by the police, reports of which produced in 2015/2016, he refuses to even acknowledge.

It's obvious what kind of person you're dealing with.

Obama is going to go down as one of the greatest Presidents of all time. His haters hate him because of his skin color or his ability to unite people. Fact is, if laws had not been changed he could have served more terms tham Roosevelt. A lot of people hate success

Sorry but I find your post to be utter garbage. Just so much nonsense it's kind of comical.

I find your idea that racism doesnt affect blacks today to be utter garbage. The same garbage that white supremacists promote by the way. When you start repeating ideology that those guys support, maybe you should take a hard look in the mirror. But it also appears that other posters have tried to engage you in rational debate, but you just want to believe what you believe.

Your gf has to wear her hair a certain way because. ....Some unknown reason.

Because ethnic curly hair is seen as unprofessional and needs to be straightened to appeal to a more white washed image. This was literally the explained reason.

Some guys you know said some racist shit to one another and that's evidence of whites holding back blacks....

You mean.... I saw racism that hurt blacks and that's evidence of racism that holds back blacks. Yes, you're right. I've seen it therefore I know it exists.

Just sad outlook really. For every white person whispering racist shit to another white there are 2 black people openly saying racist shit in public. It's just the way it is...racism is a human trait plain and simple. Some white guys hateful thoughts aren't holding back a race of people.

Ah yes, because whites have suffered so hard under black racism right? There's the difference right there in your own statement. What does two black racists in the street harm whites? Nothing. What does one white racist in HR at a company harm? Tons of potential applicants.

Idk man I'm tired and going to bed. I can't even address the shit you've said, it's just so wrong and there's so much of it.

You do know that just because you want something to be wrong doesn't, in fact, make it wrong? You can feign indigence and disbelief all you want, but racism is a fucking fact and it harms blacks way more than whites in this country. I get that in your bum fuck meth town that you probably don't have a lot of black people, but in the real world there's still racism. My father can remember when there was still segregation in schools. Plenty of old school white racists are still alive and raising kids to hold the same values.

Honestly, you just seem like a dumbfuck who doesn't actually have friends of color.

When confronted with evidence of multiple instances of taxpayer funded racist targeting by the police, reports of which produced in 2015/2016, he refuses to even acknowledge.

It's obvious what kind of person you're dealing with.

You are very right!

Where did you get this from in either video? Quote the line.

This is pointless. ..I want to to talk logically with you and you want me to review your videos and links. As if a couple appearances says anything about 8 years worth of speaking

I find your idea that racism doesnt affect blacks today to be utter garbage. The same garbage that white supremacists promote by the way. When you start repeating ideology that those guys support, maybe you should take a hard look in the mirror. But it also appears that other posters have tried to engage you in rational debate, but you just want to believe what you believe.

Because ethnic curly hair is seen as unprofessional and needs to be straightened to appeal to a more white washed image. This was literally the explained reason.

You mean.... I saw racism that hurt blacks and that's evidence of racism that holds back blacks. Yes, you're right. I've seen it therefore I know it exists.

Ah yes, because whites have suffered so hard under black racism right? There's the difference right there in your own statement. What does two black racists in the street harm whites? Nothing. What does one white racist in HR at a company harm? Tons of potential applicants.

You do know that just because you want something to be wrong doesn't, in fact, make it wrong? You can feign indigence and disbelief all you want, but racism is a fucking fact and it harms blacks way more than whites in this country. I get that in your bum fuck meth town that you probably don't have a lot of black people, but in the real world there's still racism. My father can remember when there was still segregation in schools. Plenty of old school white racists are still alive and raising kids to hold the same values.

Honestly, you just seem like a dumbfuck who doesn't actually have friends of color.

You are very right!

I actually work in an incredibly diverse environment..and I spend 5 days a week in nyc. We have 200 employee, white, black, Muslim, gay, etc. And you know what? Everybody gets along great. No one is discriminated against or held back. In fact periodically there is a promotion where they take about 10 employees and they are always looking for minorities who are interested. They are encouraged to apply and accepted at a much higher rate. In fact every job I've worked at employers have bent over backwards to hire, maintain, and promote minorities.

I'm not a redneck or methhead. I don't hunt, drive a truck, or live in the south. I'm a educated white guy in high income bracket that just happens to disagree with you and the left that Blacks are victims of anything. In fact I think Blacks 35 and under are the benefactors of the suffering their ancestors endured. And instead of focusing on the inner thoughts of a very small percentage of the population, they should celebrate that they have every opportunity to succeed that those before them didn't have.

If you thought Obama was obsessed with race and class warfare, you'd have thought MLK was a real uppity n****** who needs to learn his place and ought to stop complaining about civil rights and concentrate on the decreased number of lynchings.

Nope he was a hero for sure. He and his peers sacrificed their lives for future generations no doubt. He was a very strategic man and always kept the end game in mind. Imo if he was alive today he would think like me. The time to fight and rebel is over. .. Now is the time to win. I think if he were presented with the laundry list of stats the left spew he would agree it's the time for introspection. That black people and black people only are going to improve their conditions.

I actually work in an incredibly diverse environment..and I spend 5 days a week in nyc. We have 200 employee, white, black, Muslim, gay, etc. And you know what? Everybody gets along great. No one is discriminated against or held back. In fact periodically there is a promotion where they take about 10 employees and they are always looking for minorities who are interested. They are encouraged to apply and accepted at a much higher rate. In fact every job I've worked at employers have bent over backwards to hire, maintain, and promote minorities.

I'm not a redneck or methhead. I don't hunt, drive a truck, or live in the south. I'm a educated white guy in high income bracket that just happens to disagree with you and the left that Blacks are victims of anything. In fact I think Blacks 35 and under are the benefactors of the suffering their ancestors endured. And instead of focusing on the inner thoughts of a very small percentage of the population, they should celebrate that they have every opportunity to succeed that those before them didn't have.

Maybe you should ask those minorities what they think about your brilliant opinions. I'm sure they'd be excited to find out that racism doesnt affect their lives anymore.

This is pointless. ..I want to to talk logically with you and you want me to review your videos and links. As if a couple appearances says anything about 8 years worth of speaking

Part of talking logically is reviewing evidence the other side presents. Like the two reprts that highlight pervasive racism that has gone on extremely recently that is still affecting people. Which you haven't acknowledged.

Maybe you should ask those minorities what they think about your brilliant opinions. I'm sure they'd be excited to find out that racism doesnt affect their lives anymore.

That's it huh? Knew I was wasting my time.

Part of talking logically is reviewing evidence the other side presents. Like the two reprts that highlight pervasive racism that has gone on extremely recently that is still affecting people. Which you haven't acknowledged.

Lol...I just took a look at your Holy grail of evidence. Oh my!.... the police violated people's rights??!!

Everybody knows that police routinely piss on the 4th and 5th amendment. Should that change? Of course. But that affects everybody myself included. I've been searched several times without consent or PC.

I still know nothing about what your informed opinion is after reading that trash just like I thought.

When you are ready to enlighten me on your own thoughts lmk.

Things like. ..

With that report in consideration what do you suggest we do?

Should we leave inner cities to their own devices to police themselves?

Would you be happy if they made more of an effort to piss on the rights of those in the suburbs.?

Are there other instances of this oppressive racism that are important or is it just putting black criminals in jail?

Maybe the most important question what would be your ten part solution to the problems facing Blacks?

And maybe those same minority's would love to sit around listening to you explaining how it effects them.

The left needs racism to continue on and on so they can continue to push their narrative on people like you who eat it up and regurgitate it back out every chance they get. People like you are a big reason it can't ever be moved past.

And maybe those same minority's would love to sit around listening to you explaining how it effects them.

The left needs racism to continue on and on so they can continue to push their narrative on people like you who eat it up and regurgitate it back out every chance they get. People like you are a big reason it can't ever be moved past.

Lol they don't need racism, it's simply something they recognize is still an issue in society. It's not hard to believe considering people who supported and enforced Jim Crow laws are still alive. When it's not a problem anymore, the left will drop the issue.

And to pretend like it's me that's keeping racism alive is fucking hilarious.

Lol...I just took a look at your Holy grail of evidence. Oh my!.... the police violated people's rights??!!

Everybody knows that police routinely piss on the 4th and 5th amendment. Should that change? Of course. But that affects everybody myself included. I've been searched several times without consent or PC.

I still know nothing about what your informed opinion is after reading that trash just like I thought.

When you are ready to enlighten me on your own thoughts lmk.

Things like. ..

With that report in consideration what do you suggest we do?

Should we leave inner cities to their own devices to police themselves?

Would you be happy if they made more of an effort to piss on the rights of those in the suburbs.?

Are there other instances of this oppressive racism that are important or is it just putting black criminals in jail?

Maybe the most important question what would be your ten part solution to the problems facing Blacks?

Your argument has moved from Obama being a race baiter who always complained and never referenced the progress made. This has been debunked by a cursory look at the evidence which I have posted, which hasn't been responded to.

Your other claim was that racism hasn't been a real issue for 20 years. The two reports from the DoJ dispute that, claiming the disproortionate targetting of minorities were system in the police departments and city government and complaints about this racism and abuse of power were routinely downplayed or ignored altogether.

Having your original claims debunked has made your positions untenable, so you've resorted to completely separate issues that you wouldn't be asking about if your original assertions were true - so in some way you obviously accept your original positions were not accurate.

An admission of this would be a good start.

Back