Relationship HYUUUGE update: My oldest friend is in the hospital. Please check out my new post

Nice story. This gentleman will overcome and get better, and the positive energy of hundreds of people will have done the trick.

I will send one today
It's definitely working. He's now able to remove the tube and use his voice for short periods. I still don't know when he will be able to leave the hospital, but he's making progress every day so absolutely, keep 'em coming.

It's definitely working. He's now able to remove the tube and use his voice for short periods. I still don't know when he will be able to leave the hospital, but he's making progress every day so absolutely, keep 'em coming.

Awesome. I got busy today, but I will send him something. What do you think? I live in Rochester

Awesome. I got busy today, but I will send him something. What do you think? I live in Rochester
They're just looking for post cards with outside views on them because the hospital room doesn't have any windows. After that, whatever you think is good, go for it.

I'll try sending something tomorrow. It'll be a few post cards. Not where i'm from but due to my job I'm not home so they'll be from the Great Lakes region... I looked it up and it seems 3 forever stamps will get a <1oz "package" to canada...

I'll try sending something tomorrow. It'll be a few post cards. Not where i'm from but due to my job I'm not home so they'll be from the Great Lakes region... I looked it up and it seems 3 forever stamps will get a <1oz "package" to canada...
They will appreciate every one. Thanks.

I hope your friend kicks your ass for giving out his address to a bunch of Sherdog posters.

I hope your friend kicks your ass for giving out his address to a bunch of Sherdog posters.
It was at their request. Just send a card and don't worry about me. What part of Florida are you in? The everglades would be a nice scene, I'm sure.

It was at their request. Just send a card and don't worry about me. What part of Florida are you in? The everglades would be a nice scene, I'm sure.
Before or after you told them about Sherdog being a wretched hive of scum and villainy?

Envelope send. Hopefully it gets there in a reasonable amount of time and he enjoys them. If I ever get vacation i'll send some from my hometown.

Envelope send. Hopefully it gets there in a reasonable amount of time and he enjoys them. If I ever get vacation i'll send some from my hometown.
That's great, thank you.

How's your buddy doing?
Glad you asked. Just got an update last night. He's able to eat liquid food, and he's able to go several hours without the tube in. It's awesome.

By the way, 'tis the season if anyone wants to send Christmas cards. The progress has been great but I think he still needs all the support he can get.

By the way, 'tis the season if anyone wants to send Christmas cards.
That's actually what prompted me to ask. The holidays are a horrible time to be hospitalized.

Just show him this thread and all the responses
Maybe make him a sherdog account and let him talk to us here. If it's interaction he seeks he will be getting that here by the bus load.

Just show him this thread and all the responses
Maybe make him a sherdog account and let him talk to us here. If it's interaction he seeks he will be getting that here by the bus load.
I appreciate the suggestion, but it's just not his bag. It surely would not be the first time I had recommended the place to him; he's got a lot on his plate so I don't question it. Anyway, if you don't want to send anything that's cool, but with your comment, are you trying to shut down participation from other users by saying it's unnecessary?

That's actually what prompted me to ask. The holidays are a horrible time to be hospitalized.
Sorry, I should have written a reply. I agree. He seems to be doing better all the time but I hope people will continue to respond with Christmas cards.

Sorry, I should have written a reply. I agree. He seems to be doing better all the time but I hope people will continue to respond with Christmas cards.
No need to apologise. It a busy time if year.

Anyway, if you don't want to send anything that's cool, but with your comment, are you trying to shut down participation from other users by saying it's unnecessary?
That's a very odd way of interpreting my comment. I may be mistaken about you saying he wants to interact with people but if you did i was implying that he may want to have a conversation with multiple people who are cognisant of what he is going through rather than getting letters which do not talk back.

That's a very odd way of interpreting my comment. I may be mistaken about you saying he wants to interact with people but if you did i was implying that he may want to have a conversation with multiple people who are cognisant of what he is going through rather than getting letters which do not talk back.
No, I never mentioned anything about interacting with people or engaging in conversation. Whatever I might personally think of that idea, it's not what was requested. They simply wanted something that he could look at other than the 4 walls of the windowless hospital room, hence the request for postcards with outdoor scenes on them. Now that it's the holidays and he's still in the hospital, it would be nice to send Christmas cards too if anyone would be so kind.

Instead, your post appeared to me to say, why bother when he can just join Sherdog? This is something he obviously could have done a long time ago if he wanted so I questioned the reason for your comment, yes. Anyway, we can just call it a misunderstanding and leave it at that.

By the way, good news, he's all the way up to eating semi-solid food and looking better, so thanks everybody who sent cards:
24900044_10154913956470303_8677402815775740492_n.jpg

Back