My pathetic purchase

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
Because a buddy wants me to have a gaming system for when he visits, he likes.

I like, but I've devoted time to other things since ten years ago.
The last system I had was whatever the first was that you could play Katamari Damacy.

So I'm gonna get me a cheap PS3. What I'm looking for is game suggestions.

I don't like :
Tons of shit happening on screen at once
Boatloads of cut scenes
First person shooters
Games that offer you so many weapons and equipment options that it's impossible to keep track of.

The first game I plan to get is NHL 11.

What is too much going on the screen at once? As that is subjective and may get rid of a shitload of games.
Ps3 has a ton of RPGs.
I think they fixed Skyrim for it.
God of war series if you haven't played em.

Red Dead Redemption
UFC: Undisputed 3
Fight Night: Champion

What is too much going on the screen at once? As that is subjective and may get rid of a shitload of games.
Ps3 has a ton of RPGs.
I think they fixed Skyrim for it.
God of war series if you haven't played em.
Too much on the screen at once is subjective, but I'm talking about the overall time of "WTF is going on, who's shooting at what, where am I on the screen, who's who?" gameplay.

Might want to stick with sports games. UFC Undisputed 3 is still really fun IMO

Red Dead Redemption
UFC: Undisputed 3
Fight Night: Champion
I'm probably gonna get a UFC game. Will take your advice.

Another thing I like to avoid is wide open worlds with lots to explore, that don't force you to make decisions or through gameplay with those blinking, glowing "go do THIS thing, right now!" hand holding.

Stick to sports, racing would be another good one if youre into it. Maybe some puzzle games? Ps3 has a wide array of cheap games you could buy in the store as well, get a 25$ psn card along with the system and you'll most likely be set for games. They usually have good deals on the store too.

Playing The Last of Us is like watching one of the (best-written) movies.

That would be a fantastic interactive experience.

don't know if it makes more sense or not but you can buy a PS4 slim and then just live off indie games and old games that are cheap. If you look for deals and specials you can get 'em (and AAA games) for great deals.

Only thing you might need is an online subscription so that will set you back a bit as well but in the end it'll be worth it to access it.

You could also get a PlayStation Now account (think that's what its called) and stream PS3 games from there.

You have options.. Or just buy an old PS3 with a bunch of games off ebay...

Last edited:
I ain't never streamed no games and I ain't about to start.

Just getting a cheap console. It's not like I'm gonna devote a lot of time to it.

I don't like :
Tons of shit happening on screen at once
Boatloads of cut scenes
First person shooters
Games that offer you so many weapons and equipment options that it's impossible to keep track of.

qt4yZVL.gif

Their is a pretty big fighting game library for PS3 if you are into those games.

I'd recommend buying Soul Calibur II HD and Tekken 5 DR off PSN because once PSN goes down, those games go away forever.

Back