My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

In other words, you "learned TKD" at a McDojo.

No I learned the original style Chang Hon/ITF. And btw, in the style you learned there is this chambering variation as well, but you probably left after yellow belt.

Spacetime bashing aside, what is it fundamentally that makes his kicking weak. I can look at it and see that it's not right but from a TKD perspective I can't put my finger on why

I've seen worse kicks from TKD guys, guys that did not compete though. He tries to pivot his support foot and kinda turns the hips, I will give him that, most noobs have trouble doing this, but it seems he does this cause he was told to and does not really understand why.

But the point here is if the kick is any good compared to a pro-fighter, and it is obviously not, it is average for a TKD newbie.

Mistake #1: He runs up to kick.
Mistake #2: He is already half way around the corner before his foot even leaves the ground (results from running up to kick)
Mistake #3: His hips and knee do not lead the way and he unnecessarily over-chambers. If you stop the video at the right moment you can see his foot being higher than his knee at one point.
Mistake #4: He loses most of his momentum by locking the knee to early and the little power he has there comes from the quads.
Mistake #5: He hunches over and blocks his hip movement
Mistake #6: His hips tilt over at the end and the knee points more downwards instead of past the target, this decimates the power even more because the quads now pull somewhere the kick is not supposed to go.
Mistake #7: His body actually tries to do a Sidekick

Those are the major points could nit pick for days.

I've seen worse kicks from TKD guys, guys that did not compete though. He tries to pivot his support foot and kinda turns the hips, I will give him that, most noobs have trouble doing this, but it seems he does this cause he was told to and does not really understand why.

But the point here is if the kick is any good compared to a pro-fighter, and it is obviously not, it is average for a TKD newbie.

Mistake #1: He runs up to kick.
Mistake #2: He is already half way around the corner before his foot even leaves the ground (results from running up to kick)
Mistake #3: His hips and knee do not lead the way and he unnecessarily over-chambers. If you stop the video at the right moment you can see his foot being higher than his knee at one point.
Mistake #4: He loses most of his momentum by locking the knee to early and the little power he has there comes from the quads.
Mistake #5: He hunches over and blocks his hip movement
Mistake #6: His hips tilt over at the end and the knee points more downwards instead of past the target, this decimates the power even more because the quads now pull somewhere the kick is not supposed to go.
Mistake #7: His body actually tries to do a Sidekick

Those are the major points could nit pick for days.

And yet it folds like a compost. Where do I generate all that force from then?

Spacetime works in mysterious ways...

So one guy says I barely chamber, the other that I overchamber. The other one doesn't even know that you should pivot the standing foot.

This thread is comedy of ignorance!!!

So one guy says I barely chamber, the other that I overchamber. The other one doesn't even know that you should pivot the standing foot.

This thread is comedy of ignorance!!!

Says the boy kicking a bag on a table alone.......

I like you. Will you be my friend?

I smell sarcasm sauce on top of that offering........

I don't think you are capable of being friends with anyone, if you did, you wouldn't be kicking bags on a table alone, it would be nice if you actually got out of that flat and joined a good gym and try and leave that ego in a draw somewhere.

Then you could come on Sherdog and post about all the great friends that you learnt new moves with and the hot chick that you fancy in the gym, instead of punching bags in a flat alone, life is too short, live a little........

And yet it folds like a compost. Where do I generate all that force from then?

Spacetime works in mysterious ways...

What force? You aren´t generating shit. Nothing mysterious about that.

Spacetime bashing aside, what is it fundamentally that makes his kicking weak. I can look at it and see that it's not right but from a TKD perspective I can't put my finger on why

Nothing. It's a perfectly normal turning kick, though definately old school. Screenshot_20180613-220745.png _20180613_021240.JPG

Screenshot_20180613-231357.png

_20180613_020624.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180613-231348.png
    Screenshot_20180613-231348.png
    881.9 KB · Views: 2
1. Video is in slow-mo so I can't tell how fast or powerful your kick is
2. You're also kicking with the foot instead of the shin, which is not ideal for MMA. I know they teach you to do that in Taekwondo but you can break your foot very easily in a fight if your opponent knows what he's doing.
3. In regards to your question, if you're comparing yourself to a fighter who kicks frequently, then no. You're definitely a better kicker than DC though :p
4. It takes balls to post something like this on Sherdog, so keep practicing, but try to land with the lower part of the shin instead of the foot. Trust me, it helps.

Agree with point 3, 100%.

I like that you wear jeans when you kick so you are always ready for the street. Keepin it real, brah.

Yes, you are better than Day 1 person trying to throw a kick. Are you better than a professional MMA fighter? No. But with a lot of practice you can certainly improve (just like anyone).

Yes, you are better than Day 1 person trying to throw a kick. Are you better than a professional MMA fighter? No. But with a lot of practice you can certainly improve (just like anyone).

Have you seen Nate Diaz attempt to kick?

First - if you found some kick in an old ass video, it does not mean it is good or practical technique.
Second - you don't even do it the way they guy does it. You are not side chambering there. Your body position is totally different.

I am also quite sure the 'ols skewl' guy does not run up to the kick.

Do we have more things in common than not? Oh and there is no prohibition against running into a kick, I can leap frog before I throw it, doesn't negate it from being a dollyo chagi.

Second - you don't even do it the way they guy does it. You are not side chambering there. Your body position is totally different.

Arm configuration is the same. Lean is the same. Head configuration the same. He throws a right leg head kick, I throw a mid section left kick. That's the only major difference aside from point of impact - ball of foot in his case

Back