My Sister's Wedding

You don't have to force yourself to care.

But, everything in the OP was MeMeMe.
You're definitely self centered.

Which is not terrible, but you can't really cry foul when other people are the same way.

you sound like a low life piece of garbage. its your sister bro.

Well this kind of response doesn't help. What do you think I should do then?

Well judging fron your daily threads on here, you have a narcissistic personality disorder, so it's not surprising at all that you don't care about something that isn't centered entirely around you.

But in this case, it's a normal thing for a young guy not to care about.
I don't know about that. I care quite a bit about my best friend's wedding and of course it's all about him and his bride. I have a weird response to family stuff though I think.
<mma4> I wouldn't disagree with this theory, socially awkward incel, claims doesn't really want to attend his sister's wedding, because he thinks people will see him there alone, and <{Heymansnicker}>
Ah you guys don't realize that weddings here and in the states are quite different. I can't bring a date like in an American wedding even if I wanted to. I have responsibilities as the brother and it's not something I look forward to. It's gonna be awkward though for sure.

Well this kind of response doesn't help. What do you think I should do then?

I don't know about that. I care quite a bit about my best friend's wedding and of course it's all about him and his bride. I have a weird response to family stuff though I think.

Ah you guys don't realize that weddings here and in the states are quite different. I can't bring a date like in an American wedding even if I wanted to. I have responsibilities as the brother and it's not something I look forward to. It's gonna be awkward though for sure.
if you need someone to tell you why you should about your siblings your beyond help bro. You seem like someone who smells bad. Do you smell bad?

if you need someone to tell you why you should about your siblings your beyond help bro. You seem like someone who smells bad. Do you smell bad?
{<huh}

People and their reactions to things are weird. FYI, I smell quite nice.

Sound selfish ts.

Even if you don't have a positive relationship with your sister, it is still a big event for the entire family. And you are still focused on how you'd be inconvenienced.

Im not super close to my sister (we dont have much in common), but i do love her and i know she loves me. If i ever needed help, she would be there, and vice versa.

Love is a choice, not a feeling. We choose to give time and energy to the ones we care about, through good and bad times, whether the bond is chosen or familial.

I would be 100% available for her on her special day. Stay til the end, or at the least, be invisible, meaning dont make people think/worry about you. Dont be a damper on what should be one of the happiest days of her life. If you do, that will lead to resentment and make your relationship weaker.

Hey man, just a quick one cos I need to be working:
Marriage is a ritual recognising of a union by the people's community the community are invited to ratify and support the union. It is as old as humanity itself and it's not purely a silly religious or archaic institution.

Your relatives want you to be happy that's why they ask if you're moving forwards to family. Having a family really is the greatest thing you can do in your life. That's why they bug you, love.

Your brothers and Sisters will be with you till you die, after friends and parents have gone. You might not feel a connection but it's there. You're right to think you may have issues about it, your words indicate a rebellion from the cloying pressure of family. I suggest you own it a little and fake it till you make it. This is for your own self benefit, but it's also the 'right' thing to do.

Everything I know about TS is that he is a tiny asian male.

Therefore, his sister is probably be looking like this

F-Dwarfs-0712-Diane3.jpg

............wood bang

Im not super close to my sister (we dont have much in common), but i do love her and i know she loves me. If i ever needed help, she would be there, and vice versa.

Love is a choice, not a feeling. We choose to give time and energy to the ones we care about, through good and bad times, whether the bond is chosen or familial.

I would be 100% available for her on her special day. Stay til the end, or at the least, be invisible, meaning dont make people think/worry about you. Dont be a damper on what should be one of the happiest days of her life. If you do, that will lead to resentment and make your relationship weaker.

Damn your posts make me laugh the most and you drop some wisdom at the right moments. Probably won't be any resentment though. There needs to be a relationship for there to be resentment in the first place.

Hey man, just a quick one cos I need to be working:
Marriage is a ritual recognising of a union by the people's community the community are invited to ratify and support the union. It is as old as humanity itself and it's not purely a silly religious or archaic institution.

Your relatives want you to be happy that's why they ask if you're moving forwards to family. Having a family really is the greatest thing you can do in your life. That's why they bug you, love.

Your brothers and Sisters will be with you till you die, after friends and parents have gone. You might not feel a connection but it's there. You're right to think you may have issues about it, your words indicate a rebellion from the cloying pressure of family. I suggest you own it a little and fake it till you make it. This is for your own self benefit, but it's also the 'right' thing to do.

I'm definitely faking it. It's not much but I decided to give her a gift of a thousand bucks (big deal for me but not that big in the grand scheme of things) since I haven't done much for her as a big brother and also I don't know what else to give her. I'd give her more but I'm not rich.. I will be there to do my part but I just wish I was doing all of these things from a more genuine place rather than because I feel an obligation to.

I don't agree with you that my relatives' pestering me about marriage is about my happiness though. They are the type of people who tell me to they would disown me should I marry a woman outside of a different race or ethnicity, knowing that it's a possibility with me. It's pretty clear to me that they care more about how they feel than my happiness. They also explicitly say that I should marry for them, not for myself so it's not exactly a puzzle.

I have never been to a wedding.

nothing more annoying than an American bride to be, her mom, her sisters, her friends, and any other family/females involved

it turns them all into crazy people pretending to be some "royal family" joining another "royal family"

TLDR :
1. My little sister is getting married.
2. I am apathetic.
3. Do I really have to care?
You should not care too much. Be polite, but dont jump outta your trousers trying to care too much.
The fact you are not super close makes it easier for you! If you care about relatives nagging you, simulate a throat desease and pretend you can barely talk.
Enjoy the food and maybe pick some girl up.

Back