My thoughts on the Floyd vs Connah boxing fiasco...

Ffs it's like running in circles. Every single day Connor/Floyd. Floyd can't do shit in MMA and Connor suck in boxing. This is BS fuck this matchup!

Odds as of March 17th at bodog:
  • Floyd Mayweather -850, from -2250
  • Conor McGregor +525, from +925
I think my prediction that Floyd will drop to -500 will come true...

All you need now is someone like Roach saying, "I've changed my outlook on this match up. I think Connah has a chance if his left connects in the early rounds."

Then the rumours start...Connah just knocked out his sparring partner. Floyd may have an injury. Connah's new baby boy Connah Jooniah has given him an abundance of superhuman confidence and reason to go all out. Trump will be impeached before September and America is in turmoil with leaky leadership which will make this fight the entertainment that the nation desperately needs. The pressure on Floyd to win will lead to mistakes and Connah will capitalize. Floyd will disappear from Instagram. He'll donate everything and retreat to Nepal seek enlightenment. He will chant his new mantra, 49 and 1... 49 and 1... 49 and 1...

When you are 41 years old, you are not going to be able to avoid Conor's left for 12 rounds. That is just a fact, and I don't care if your name is Mayweather or Ali or Roy Jones. Sad fact for boxing fans, but it could be a painful one for Floyd.

a lot of people here don't know shit about boxing. But Conor could easily give Floyd a hard time in the first two rounds but obviously after that Floyd would have the advantage. It's similar to say if Mayweather boxed let's say a prime Manny.

Yes, I think we just identified someone who don't know shit about boxing.

• Floyd Mayweather opened at -2250, now at -1400
  • Conor McGregor opened at +950, now at +750
(Bodog odds)

It makes no sense betting on Floyd.

I believe the odds on fight night will drop to -500 as money will go for a Connah win.

Match won't happen until after Nov.12th, 2017.

Mayweather is now a -700 favorite. I wonder if this fight will happen in December in Vegas. I think that's a big mistake for Connah. It needs to be in Ireland where Floyd doesn't control sanctioning bodies and drug testing organizations. (Connah should get an iv and vitamins b4 the match.) Connah bettah learn how to move/evade defensively and pace himself. I can't imagine a worse performance than Pacman... meaning, Floyd was never in danger. Getting to a decision is not a success...it has to be knocking Floyd out. If Connah isn't bettah in boxing within 7 mths, than at least he'll come back stronger in the ufc.

your thoughts got sent to wasteland

<45>

What made this 3,579th Conor Mayweather thread so egregious that it got wasteland, when there are another hundred worthless threads on the same fucking thing that need the same treatment?

(Bodog odds)

In Nevada, fighters at 147 pounds and less wear eight-ounce gloves, while those heavier than 147 pounds wear 10-ounce gloves. But if it's not sanctioned or even if it is but no belt is on the line, than Connah should request 6 oz gloves to go for a knock out. No pillow punches.

Thus, 154lbs and choose 6 - 8oz gloves. (Conor gains 11lbs overnight. fights at 165lbs.)

Smaller ring if possible.

IV's of saline/vitamins before the fight are banned.

WADA + USADA drug testing.

Connah requests dual acceptance of the judges.

I believe the odds on fight night will drop to -500 as money will go for a Connah win.

Ufc will give Connah equity if he wins...otherwise he may say to them: Who da fook are you? I'm fook'n rich.
Depending on the gloves most of the padding is around the top and back of glove, its already been proven that boxing gloves and MMA gloves have the same impact, on fight science, not sure why this keeps coming back up as if boxing gloves reduce impact they dont.

(Bodog odds)

In Nevada, fighters at 147 pounds and less wear eight-ounce gloves, while those heavier than 147 pounds wear 10-ounce gloves. But if it's not sanctioned or even if it is but no belt is on the line, than Connah should request 6 oz gloves to go for a knock out. No pillow punches.

Thus, 154lbs and choose 6 - 8oz gloves. (Conor gains 11lbs overnight. fights at 165lbs.)

Smaller ring if possible.

IV's of saline/vitamins before the fight are banned.

WADA + USADA drug testing.

Connah requests dual acceptance of the judges.

Ufc will give Connah equity if he wins...otherwise he may say to them: Who da fook are you? I'm fook'n rich.

I humbly rewind a thread I wrote 6 1/2 mths ago ... what seemed like a bunch of caca about a pure hullabaloo fight.

154lbs
8oz gloves
-500 as of Aug.16

I will admit, going from 22 to 1, down to 5 to 1 is remarkable. Is this drop unprecedented? Also, I don't know about the IV and TUE yet or if the judges will be neutral but I highly doubt Connah will get rocked like he did with Nate. (I don't trust usada or nsac whatsoever and it won't matter at the end cuz Floyd will still get paid.)

I'm pretty sure that Floyd will have his hands full in a corner doing his shoulder roll and trying to counter with rabbit punches...to no avail. Also, Connah's camp has to make sure Floyd doesn't get any as he doesn't have a hand injury and using it is performance enhancing:

"Lidocaine/Xylocaine is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). It works by blocking nerve signals in your body. Lidocaine injection is used to numb an area of your body to help reduce pain or discomfort caused by invasive medical procedures such as surgery, needle punctures, or insertion of a catheter or breathing tube."

(If Floyd doesn't get this cheating drug, he's absolutely fucked.)

________

I picture this, where Clubber Lang just throws Rocky back into the corner for further beating:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

According to Mayweather's contract with usada, they are allowed to grant him retroactive permission for any illegal substance they might find in his system:

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/ch...o_Test_Summary_and_FINAL_UDADA_Contract.0.pdf

Mayweather's "A" sample had tested positive three times and after each positive test, USADA had given Floyd an inadvertent use waiver. These waivers would have allowed testing to continue without the positive "A" sample results being reported to Mayweather's opponent or the Nevada State Athletic Commission. He's done this since 2010 when he fought Shane Moseley.

USADA, an organization Mayweather's team pays to provide drug testing for his fights, didn't report his IV use—not to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and not to Pacquiao or his team—for 19 days. Mayweather got away with it, thanks to the contract he and adviser Al Haymon agreed to with the USADA in exchange for a $150,000 fee.

moral of the story:

So tell your kids, if ya wanna be the best, make sure you save up $150K and you too could be LIKE FLOYD.

TS, you are obviously an intelligent person. There is a lot you can do and accomplish, you really don't need to spend so much time analysing these hypotheticals for free.

Do you work in the fight industry by any chance?

Do you work in the fight industry by any chance?

you do this better than a lot of the clowns with fat pay checks on TV. That's all I'm saying.....

I work with something else.

you do this better than a lot of the clowns with fat pay checks on TV. That's all I'm saying.....

I work with something else.

But how did you know that my prognostications might be correct 5 months from the fight announcement?
Btw, I do have a knack for predictions in sports but more so in life.

But how did you know that my prognostications might be correct 5 months from the fight announcement?
Btw, I do have a knack for predictions in sports but more so in life.

I'm just saying: you break it down better than the quacks selling us manufactured rivalries on TV. That's all....it's analytical and well-thought.

If you're unhappy with your career, hey, you're good at this.

Back