Name a fighter who comes out of a smaller camp and is succesful

I think half of the champs come from smaller, or lesser named camps. You really don't need those big named camps to have success. Just look at the loss streak that Jackson's went through. Not to mention how injury prone AKA is. Holloway trains out of a little warehouse like 5 miles away from me and he's on a 12 fight win streak.
Big camps usually just take credit for gifted or already well trained fighters....I’m looking at you winklejohn and dofousport

Israel adesenya. Still fights out of NZ. Had 80 ish kickboxing fights with only a few losses and is 14-0 in MMA.

I think the more relevant thread is - name a well established fighter who changes camps and regrets it. I bet there is more fighters who have done that and fallen than the other way around.

I think the more relevant thread is - name a well established fighter who changes camps and regrets it. I bet there is more fighters who have done that and fallen than the other way around.

About everyone than left for Edmund once Rousey made that subpar gym famous?

Was it considered a big camp though? Always seemed like three dudes in a basement

Miletech had Pat (who was a UFC WW Champ), Hughes (WW champ), Franklin (MW Champ), Sylvia (HW champ), Jens Pulver (LW Champ before they dumped the division), Lawler, not to mention guys like Spencer FIsher, Drew McFederies, think Justin Eilers, Jeremy Horn if im not mistaken was there for a while. Miletech was an elite camp back in the day. Maybe the first camp with multiple champs in a big org.

Rounda Rousey

Doesnt TJ train in airports?
that's the biggest gym in history bruh...
giphy.gif

Yo
DJ trains with Matt Hume who has been one of the most respected coach’s since the dawn of MMA. What the fuck are you smoking?
I used to work .6 miles from AMC lol. I know where it is, it is not a giant camp. Name 5 more fighters there currently training in the top 20

Evan Tanner...guy learn to fight via videos...
evan_tanner.jpg
That's how he first started learning. He floated from camp to camp though, he was in Team Quest, ATT and strangely Chute Boxe at one point. I think he also briefly tried to build his own team.

Yo

I used to work .6 miles from AMC lol. I know where it is, it is not a giant camp. Name 5 more fighters there currently training in the top 20

couldn't tell you everyone training there now nor did I know that having 5 fighters in the top 20 make you a big camp. It's definitely not a small camp how TS is meaning. He's had DJ, Barnett, Bibiano, Caros Fodor etc. Def don't think AMC classifies as a small gym.

I think he meant more like Fusion XCel outside of Orlando which has been the home of Jacare in his last 2 fights and was the gym that birthed the legend that is known as "Platinum"

Back