Name movies where the killer had no motive

I actually considered just ranting off a slew of films from the demonic genre, but decided that none of that is correct, as demons or other sorts of paranormal entities do in fact have intentions or motives which are commonly known: possession of a body or soul, transference from their side to ours.

Of course, along that line, one could argue that everyone has a motive: the infliction of fear or suffering upon another, but in the case of films such as the Exorcist or Omen or Paranormal Activity it just seemed a bit more obvious on the surface and not really to be the answer to your question.

U could argue everyone/everything has a motive. But what matters here is whether or not that motive is ever known to the audience.

I was talking about the books.

But yeah i liked the manhunter movie better than the red dragon movie. I think everybody feels the same way.

People actually don't. On these very forums, within the hallowed Mayberry itself have I been engaged by vigorous debate on this topic. Disturbing, yes, but a fact.

No country for old men.

a lot of the plot is based around this

People actually don't. On these very forums, within the hallowed Mayberry itself have I been engaged by vigorous debate on this topic. Disturbing, yes, but a fact.
Angry-_Dad_Red-_Dragon.jpg

Stan you bastard.

That's the question, isn't it? Is being crazy or "sexual deviancy" a motive? Demons are bent on corruption, is that a motive?

Mike Myers definitely qualifies, because I seem to recall Carpenter wanting this zero quantity behind the mask.

baby-driver-funny-mike-myers-gif.gif
Great film gif. Only just watched it last week.

I bet the trope of serial killers having motives is more an artifact of people craving narratives to make sense of the world than reality.

Also, even though Michael Myers' backstory is explored in Zombie's Halloween, he is still a force of pure evil. I think real serial killers are pure evil. A kid who tortures and kills animals, and then becomes a killer of humans is definitely pure evil.

This thread gave me an idea for a movie, and these posts describe why it would be so scary. Brief synopsis:

Imagine a narrator describing himself in his younger years driving from state to state, from ocean to ocean, in a random pattern snatching up individuals at random, killing them and disposing of them ala Dexter.

He would describe how people would be out and about doing regular every day things, he'd see them and follow them and do his work with no explanation as to why he killed them. Which makes me uncomfortable just writing about it.

End of the movie he talks about how he did this thousands of times throughout his life, no one ever clueing in.

Family/friends of people who have been abducted would be outraged, and it would probably give real life psychos ideas on how to get their rocks off. No bueno.

He didnt care about money.

But he had motives. They showed the back story which explained why he disliked Woody Harrelson and his reason for being there was that he was hired to recover the money, no? Only saw that film when it was released and I don't even fully recall.

Great film gif. Only just watched it last week.

7471120170708120343.gif

1489418135-baby.gif

And in case you missed it, that flatbed is backing up as Baby's coming into the 180 + 180:
tenor.gif

I think this could be one of my favorite react gifs:
baby-driver5.gif

jason takes manhattan . why? the cruise ship didnt dock at crystal lake

Also, even though Michael Myers' backstory is explored in Zombie's Halloween, he is still a force of pure evil. I think real serial killers are pure evil. A kid who tortures and kills animals, and then becomes a killer of humans is definitely pure evil.

God damn. You reminded me wjy i hated that fucking movie and that goof making them.

7471120170708120343.gif

1489418135-baby.gif

And in case you missed it, that flatbed is backing up as Baby's coming into the 180 + 180:
tenor.gif

I think this could be one of my favorite react gifs:
baby-driver5.gif
Awesome.
Just been watching that gif for 5 minutes.

Never realised.

That. Is. Awesome.

Back