Name movies where the killer had no motive

Never realised.
Edgar Wright's films are densely layered, and you find little easter eggs you did catch the first time around. We all know the ENTIRE film is set to music, but sometimes we don't noticed how thoroughly the sentiment pervades:

tumblr_owkwj9wcun1wxcxb9o1_500.gif

Not only does Baby match the mural, the YEAH YOU DO, written on the tree, is timed to the music.

tumblr_owkwj9wcun1wxcxb9o5_500.gif

"SOUL!"

tumblr_owkwj9wcun1wxcxb9o6_500.gif

"Whoa whoa whoa!"

tumblr_owkwj9wcun1wxcxb9o2_500.gif

I'm not sure whether it's legit, but it's presented as one unbroken shot (a Wright hallmark).

The real thing here is there's no camera-crew visible in the glass.

The alien had a motive, it's how's it, and it's species survive.

Scream was a run of the mill slasher movie, they just added the "deadly phone call" trope. No idea why suddenly everyone thinks it's ground-breaking.

Leatherface doesn't really have a motive. He's just dim-witted and does what his family tells him to.

The Shining? Was there motive in the shining?

The motive in the shining is he wanted to punish them for their disobedience. It was escalated by the severe isolation, Jack already being slightly unhinged and being manipulated by the "ghosts".

The alien had a motive, it's how's it, and it's species survive.

Scream was a run of the mill slasher movie, they just added the "deadly phone call" trope. No idea why suddenly everyone thinks it's ground-breaking.

Scream made fun of run of the mill slasher movies.

IIRC the killer in Hush didn't have a motive.

Scream made fun of run of the mill slasher movies.

It didn't really. You had 1 character who was just reading off slasher movie tropes until they killed him off, other than that it was just a run of the mill slasher movie.

It didn't really. You had 1 character who was just reading off slasher movie tropes until they killed him off, other than that it was just a run of the mill slasher movie.

I don't think you actually watched the movie

Poltergeist, The Grudge, The Blair Witch Project, The Thing

Nice argument, well presented. I like the way you parodied the "Waa waa, someone disagreed with me so they must be a troll" posts.
No wonder you didn't get SCREAM.

Your argument was "change the movie and it's different." Is that a quote from Plato?

Irrelevant. When you look at a film, you're discussing and interpreting the events within the film. Freddy of course had it coming, but to say that he has no motive is wrong. He comes back from the dead as some sort of "other" with supernatural powers specifically to target the children of his killers. Not sure why you'd even need this explained to you. The thread title is pretty plainly worded.
Why did he have it coming?

Because he was a child killer. He was doing what he's infamous for before being murdered.

Yeah I did. Take out that 1 character and it's a run of the mill slasher.

Not true, the other characters are great including Ghostface himself. Its also a stupid ass argument. Take Bruce Campbell out of Evil Dead and what do you get?

Back