Name one band that came out in the last 10 years that is now a household name

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Name one band that released their first album in the last 10 years that is now a household name (mainstream)

Mainstream music is pure garbage. It has been fora couple of decades. 90s was the last decade that pumped out consistently good "mainstream" bands.

I doubt there is that many since 2000 tbh, at least in comparison to the 60s-90s.

Individual artists there are plenty but actual bands aren't mainstream anymore.

Florence + the Machine

They are slightly older than 10 years and I think they are pretty mainstream. My girlfriends 70+ year old mother likes them so much that she wanted us to get tickets to an upcoming show because she didn't want to go to it by herself.

I would say Royal Blood

Florence + the Machine

They are slightly older than 10 years and I think they are pretty mainstream. My girlfriends 70+ year old mother likes them so much that she wanted us to get tickets to an upcoming show because she didn't want to go to it by herself.

Maybe Shinedown?

Not exactly The Rolling Stones and The Beatles is it............hell it ain't even Pearl Jam and Oasis.

Not exactly The Rolling Stones and The Beatles is it............hell it ain't even Pearl Jam and Oasis.
You are right. No band now is like Stones, since rock music is not mainstream anymore. Drakes and Biebers populate the charts.

Run the Jewels is a hip hop group that came together in 2013, although Killer Mike's been around a lot longer than that. Not quite a band, but a group/duo.

Rick Beato did a great episode on this:

tldw version:
Music nowadays is missing the blues

You are right. No band now is like Stones, since rock music is not mainstream anymore. Drakes and Biebers populate the charts.

Think I've got 3000+ songs on my ipod and I'd say maybe 100 were written after 2000.

Thing is likes of Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, U2 etc etc still draw huge crowds so I think Rock is still mainstream enough it's just no one has come along to replace them......or alternatively us 38 year olds are not interested in discovering new stuff. Probably both.

Do the under 25s not listen to metal anymore?

Younger friend of mine got me to listen to Imagine Dragons a few weeks ago. Their videos were getting 100s of millions of views on Youtube. I hd never heard of them and found them to be rather bland.

Think I've got 3000+ songs on my ipod and I'd say maybe 100 were written after 2000.

Thing is likes of Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, U2 etc etc still draw huge crowds so I think Rock is still mainstream enough it's just no one has come along to replace them......or alternatively us 38 year olds are not interested in discovering new stuff. Probably both.

Do the under 25s not listen to metal anymore?

Younger friend of mine got me to listen to Imagine Dragons a few weeks ago. Their videos were getting 100s of millions of views on Youtube. I hd never heard of them and found them to be rather bland.
Imagine Dragons is what now considered rock music. Pitiful. Youngsters do listen to metal, but not many.
Even if we take those Imagine Dragons, they have hundreds of millions of views, while Despasito and Drake have billions. Rock music is not as popular as it used to be.

Back