Name one fighter that Stipe has fought that is an elite wrestler like DC?

That's absolutely not true. Bones doesn't cut a lot of weight and usually weighs around 218 come fight time. Conversely, Stipe is 245 minimum come fight time.

All of those things are true, Stipe is as tall as Bones, is stronger than Bones, and has more wrestling credentials than Bones, that does not, however, indicate Stipe is as skilled as Jon Jones. Almost nobody is as skilled as Jon Jones. It remains to be seen if Stipe's skill level is high enough to handle Cormier but all those things about Stipe physically compared to Bones are true.

"In the past, one of Rashad's main advantages over me was that he was more seasoned and a lot more stronger than I was. When I first joined the UFC, I never really cut weight, I came in extremely thin. Walking around at 213, 210. Now I walk around at almost 230 at times. I'm just a lot more mature in my body and physical strength. I think that's gonna be a huge difference for him and he's gonna feel it right away." https://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/...145-title-fight-rashad-evans-greg-jackson-mma

Now think.... this article was in 2012. Jones started hitting the weights heavy in what? 2016? I can't imagine how much bigger the guy has gotten over the years not just on weight but in mass. Also, it's clear you have no respect for the different levels of wrestling. Your knowledge is very poor. You think that Stipe is much larger than Jon, and because he weighs 10 pounds more... he has a massive power advantage lol. Jon is an elite MMA grappler and wrestler and has taken down the best of them with ease. Ragdolled Div 1 and olympic wrestlers.... cmon bruh... USE YOUR HEAD

"In the past, one of Rashad's main advantages over me was that he was more seasoned and a lot more stronger than I was. When I first joined the UFC, I never really cut weight, I came in extremely thin. Walking around at 213, 210. Now I walk around at almost 230 at times. I'm just a lot more mature in my body and physical strength. I think that's gonna be a huge difference for him and he's gonna feel it right away." https://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/...145-title-fight-rashad-evans-greg-jackson-mma

Now think.... this article was in 2012. Jones started hitting the weights heavy in what? 2016? I can't imagine how much bigger the guy has gotten over the years not just on weight but in mass. Also, it's clear you have no respect for the different levels of wrestling. Your knowledge is very poor. You think that Stipe is much larger than Jon, and because he weighs 10 pounds more... he has a massive power advantage lol. Jon is an elite MMA grappler and wrestler and has taken down the best of them with ease. Ragdolled Div 1 and olympic wrestlers.... cmon bruh... USE YOUR HEAD

Bro, walk around weight and fight weight are two different things. Jones only weighs 218-220 in the cage, Stipe is 245+ I can't even believe you are arguing this.

Your joking right? Jones F'ed up everyone with his 'pillow fists and chicken legs' and no Tbol doesnt give you magical 'inflict damage' power. Skinny legs have absolutely nothing to do with generating power and thats what he does. If I take a fat baseball bat Vs. a skinny one and speedswing the shit outta the skinny one at your head, you think your gonna say "well, at least it wasnt the fat bat". Plenty of powerhouse kickers have skinny legs and plenty of bodybuilder types with huge legs have zero power cause that much mass is like driving with your brakes engaged.
Lol, you’re a dumb fucker if you think Tbol is all he’s doing

Bro, walk around weight and fight weight are two different things. Jones only weighs 218-220 in the cage, Stipe is 245+ I can't even believe you are arguing this.

You think that someone who has a normal weight of 230+ will rehyrdate only 10 pounds?!?!?! lmaooo your nuts kid. look at darren till for example. Buddy weighed in that morning already 15 pounds more then his previous day weight, what do you think 10 more hours of hyrdation did for him?!?! Stipe only just recently started weighing 245 when he was always 237-241 his entire career. He doesn't put on extra weight, thats it. There isn't anything to argue. Anybody who says that Stipe is superior in every category just based off his weight is clearly an idiot. again .... USE YOUR HEAD

You think that someone who has a normal weight of 230+ will rehyrdate only 10 pounds?!?!?! lmaooo your nuts kid. look at darren till for example. Buddy weighed in that morning already 15 pounds more then his previous day weight, what do you think 10 more hours of hyrdation did for him?!?! Stipe only just recently started weighing 245 when he was always 237-241 his entire career. He doesn't put on extra weight, thats it. There isn't anything to argue. Anybody who says that Stipe is superior in every category just based off his weight is clearly an idiot. again .... USE YOUR HEAD

Jones only weighs 218-20 at fight time. He's always been known to cut low amounts of weight. Stipe is at least 20 pounds of muscle heavier. Insults won't change this for you.

Jones only weighs 218-20 at fight time. He's always been known to cut low amounts of weight. Stipe is at least 20 pounds of muscle heavier. Insults won't change this for you.

whatever helps you sleep at night bud

DC leaned directly into that kick with chin untucked and zero hands to buffer so Id say his chin took that like a champ. You used Jones's skinny legs and pillow fists to undermine his ability to do damage -but then how does he always win? He's not a points fighter -he's a crafty fighter that uses whatever works against that particular opponent ie short elbows for infighting Rashad. But he does damage and thats the bottom line.

He wins because he is more skilled (+ roids). DC and Gus doesn't hit much harder either, and those three are still the top3 in the division and levels ahead of everyone else.

Jones ofc goes for the finish if he sees an opening, but he is definitely not a kill or to be killed - type of fighter (like Fedor, for example) He is more or less a point fighter especially against fighters of his size. He clearly fights scorecards in his mind during rounds, it is actually pretty easy to see. His last 4 wins have came via scorecards.

Can you name more than 1 fighter from 205-265 that is a better MMA wrestler than DC other than maybe Jon Jones? I don't think there is.
Wrestling don't know but isn't it really grappling were talking about here anyway and isn't Werdum maybe best hw grappler there had been or at least on the top group. Stipe koed guy stiff.

Wrestling don't know but isn't it really grappling were talking about here anyway and isn't Werdum maybe best hw grappler there had been or at least on the top group. Stipe koed guy stiff.
No, the thread title literally says "Name one fighter that Stipe fought that is AN ELITE WRESTLER". Werdum does not fit that description in the slightest. His wrestling sucks. There is no better wrestler at 205 and up other than Jones and I'd say they're pretty close to even... i'd give a slight edge to Jones.

I think DC and Jones are both better than any version of Werdum, to be honest. Especially present-day Werdum.

True enough bro, but D.C. will also be the smallest heavy outside of Hunt that Stipes ever fought. Dont underestimate the size and power advantage Stipe will have.
I'm not underestimating him but DC has been battling Cain freaking Valesquez over a decade, and those guys beat the living shit out of each other. There's not going to be some huge strength advantage. DC doesnt quite move like he use to, so I'm a little worried about that. Stipe can definitely catch him, but the threat of DC takedowns has allowed him to hang on the feet with better strikers. DC is probably my favorite fighter though, so Im definitely biased in my opinion. For my own good, I really should prepare for the possibility of him losing this fight. Alot of it is @Final Say unnerving confidence in Stipe. He's got me a little shook.

I'm not underestimating him but DC has been battling Cain freaking Valesquez over a decade, and those guys beat the living shit out of each other. There's not going to be some huge strength advantage. DC doesnt quite move like he use to, so I'm a little worried about that. Stipe can definitely catch him, but the threat of DC takedowns has allowed him to hang on the feet with better strikers. DC is probably my favorite fighter though, so Im definitely biased in my opinion. For my own good, I really should prepare for the possibility of him losing this fight. Alot of it is @Final Say unnerving confidence in Stipe. He's got me a little shook.
Hes a big technical fighter with hard straight shots. Shorter man coming forward gonna eat them shots, and i dont think DC can grind Stipe hes too in shape and bigger. DC had to clinch against the cage and fight boring standup to decision Roy, Mir, and Barnett minus the one toss. And DC is even older now. I like DC hes a hell of a fighter but i think Stipe finishes him. Imo bro.

Haha sorry...

Although even I can be wrong, so keep the hope alive I guess

If D.C. wins, he catches Stipe when his front hand droops down. I think any fight winning sequence for Cormier stems from a right hand exploiting that tendency. But who knows!

Stipe is an NCAA Div 1 wrassler, but there's a big difference between Div 1, and Olympic level wrasslin.

Dc by decision

tumblr_nj9hys7okC1qahndoo2_500.gif

There's a big difference between straight wrasslin and MMA wrasslin.

Stipe by 3rd Rd Ko.

I think DC will probably score a TD or two. He'll probably be able to push him up against the fence a little here and there. I don't think it's gonna be enough to win though. I can't see him holding Stipe down though, not even a few seconds. I don't think he'll accomplish anything significant against the cage. Stipe is a lot bigger than him too.

Based on what? ImI not saying he has a weak chin. Butt top 5 goat?? I don't see it.

But then again, look at the men he has had most trouble with in grappling. Tall rangy fighters with great takedown defense. Who also knew how to use distance and leverage against the short bulldozers like Cormier.

This isn't detracting from his abilities as a grappler, but Stipe can use his length quite well and moves well. The first round will dictate the fight, if Stipe can successfully move away or stuff him repeatedly...It will look like the Gus and Jones fights except more brutal...Given the heavyweight power Stipe possesses.

Another thing to take into account is that Stipe knows how to use his length...He can throw punches. He won't need to poke at DC's eyes to stiffle his advances.(See Bones)

He needs to get inside...Push to the cage...And grind the ever loving fuck out of Stipe. I don't see another way he gets this. His boxing and kicking game aren't going to be enough to deal with Stipe'd movement and length. He needs to get rid of the advantage from the start.
Yup I agree...looking forward to this fight a lot

If this was a pure wrestling match, I'd pick DC in a heartbeat. But it's an mma MMA fight. Stipe isn't going to the ground willingly. He's bigger, stronger, has more reach, and has power. He's gonna stay on his bike and pop DC from the outside. And unlike Jones and Gus, Stipe has the power to end the fight with one clean punch.

Lol, you’re a dumb fucker if you think Tbol is all he’s doing

Your welcome to bring any further evidence to the table but regardless if he used stacks -he doesnt win by steroid hulk smash like some other fighters we know

He wins because he is more skilled (+ roids). DC and Gus doesn't hit much harder either, and those three are still the top3 in the division and levels ahead of everyone else.

Jones ofc goes for the finish if he sees an opening, but he is definitely not a kill or to be killed - type of fighter (like Fedor, for example) He is more or less a point fighter especially against fighters of his size. He clearly fights scorecards in his mind during rounds, it is actually pretty easy to see. His last 4 wins have came via scorecards.

However you want to characterize his style -you throw headkicks at a shorter, world class grappler, your taking a risk -period. That kick unchecked would have leveled straight up anybody.

Hes a big technical fighter with hard straight shots. Shorter man coming forward gonna eat them shots, and i dont think DC can grind Stipe hes too in shape and bigger. DC had to clinch against the cage and fight boring standup to decision Roy, Mir, and Barnett minus the one toss. And DC is even older now. I like DC hes a hell of a fighter but i think Stipe finishes him. Imo bro.
The clinch is DC's game though, I actually think it's where he's most comfortable especially with threat of Stipes hands earlier on. Unfortunately if DC wins it's gonna be an early clinch fest. That's where the fight is going to be won or lost.

Back