Name one movie that is better than The Shawshank Redemption

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
You're switching TV channels and torn between watching The Shawshank Redemption and another movie on a different channel. What is that one movie that would make you refuse to watch The Shawshank Redemption, and choose that one movie instead?

Last edited:
Lots of them actually but either TGTBATU, Taxi Driver or The Road Warrior would be my top choices since they are my 3 GOATs and I've never seen them on the big screen.

I've never seen a Miyazaki film on the big screen. I bet these would be glorious.

So many.

First two that come to mind: Aliens and Bladerunner. Never saw them on a big screen.

images

Anything made by Andrei Tarkovsky absolutely shits on shawshank redemption. What is up with uneducated and uncultured cans constantly claiming shawshank redemption is the best film ever? I bet they're the type of people that consider ketchup or mayonnaise seasoning.

There are prolly hundreds of movies that Id rather watch over Shawshank but these 4 are what popped in my mind instantly

Smokey And The Bandit
American Me
Almost Famous
Caddyshack

There are prolly hundreds of movies that Id rather watch over Shawshank but these 4 are what popped in my mind instantly

Smokey And The Bandit
American Me
Almost Famous
Caddyshack
"When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you're standing in as to just how dumb you are."

You're switching TV channels and torn between watching The Shawshank Redemption and another movie on a different channel. What is that one movie that would make you refuse to watch The Shawshank Redemption, and choose that one movie instead?
I could name the movie or movies as the case may be, but then i'd get a lot of these replies.....

BWbpKEd.jpg

Shawshank is a quality movie, but there are still many i'd switchover to view, if on another channel.

I dont think The Shawshank Redemption would benefit all that much being on a big screen. Much rather watch something like alien, jaws etc...

I would turn all the sound off and watch BR 2049 sooner than rewatch Shawshank with the sound on.

Godfather I & II

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

Terminator & T2

Conan the Barbarian

Predator

Rocky I & II

Jaws

Wrath of Khan

Blazing Saddles

Tombstone

Unforgiven

The Searchers

From Russia With Love

Just off the top of my head, TS

Godfather I & II

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

Terminator & T2

Conan the Barbarian

Predator

Rocky I & II

Jaws

Wrath of Khan

Blazing Saddles

Tombstone

Unforgiven

The Searchers

From Russia With Love

Just off the top of my head, TS
off on a tangent here, but have you ever bought pies from Crombie's the butcher ? And if so, is it all that ?

Can't say I have, why?
taking my old mum shopping, and she seems to be getting a bit pissed off with the same old same old, thought of heading into your fair city, and as a quality butchers is on the list, various web searches have suggested its ''award winning''

taking my old mum shopping, and she seems to be getting a bit pissed off with the same old same old, thought of heading into your fair city, and as a quality butchers is on the list, various web searches have suggested its ''award winning''

Give it a shot then, mate. Let me know what their stuff is like. I might try it myself at some point.

Back