Name one movie that is better than The Shawshank Redemption

Name one that is more overrated.

tdk-may17-joker-poster-large.jpg

<PlusJuan>

Anything made by Andrei Tarkovsky absolutely shits on shawshank redemption. What is up with uneducated and uncultured cans constantly claiming shawshank redemption is the best film ever? I bet they're the type of people that consider ketchup or mayonnaise seasoning.
And I bet you're the type of person to hate on everything that's popular. Just some hipster who thinks everything that is underground is the best.

Yep, l was right.

Haven't seen a single film from this "Andrei Tarkovski" guy.

Gangs of New York.

I'd stop to watch A Serbian Film just to see what fucking channel is airing it.

Teenage Spermaholics 3

The Condemned, it’s a god damn masterpiece.

You're switching TV channels and torn between watching The Shawshank Redemption and another movie on a different channel. What is that one movie that would make you refuse to watch The Shawshank Redemption, and choose that one movie instead?
City of God

Damn good film Shawshank Redemption... I must say though - Probably Heat or Collateral. These two films are masterpieces!

All my favourites I have done too death (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Blade Runner etc etc)

Citizen Kane
STALKER
Solaris
Alien
Pan's Labrynth
Godfather II
The Empire Strikes Back
Children of Men
City of God
Silence of the Lambs
Seven Samurai
The Royal Tennenbaums

I can keep going, but I'm bored.

it's a very very overrated movie. it's a very good one but it lacks depth and camouflages that with emotional scenes. again, it's very good but i can probably name 10 french, 10 german and 10 russian films that are objectively better. i might even find 10 japanese movies. RAN is better, for example.

Shawshank isn't even on my favorite Top100 movies of all time.

Its good, don't get me wrong, but it completely falls apart after its pointed out it would be impossible for Andy to have made a hole in that pipe with a large piece of concrete during his escape.

Even more impossible for him to make a hole he could have crawled through.

it's a very very overrated movie. it's a very good one but it lacks depth and camouflages that with emotional scenes. again, it's very good but i can probably name 10 french, 10 german and 10 russian films that are objectively better. i might even find 10 japanese movies. RAN is better, for example.

Ran is GOAT

tbh nevermind a Japanese list. You could name 10 Kurosawa films better than Shawshank and not even mention the likes of Miyazaki, Kitano, Ichikawa and Ozu

Ran is GOAT

tbh nevermind a Japanese list. You could name 10 Kurosawa films better than Shawshank and not even mention the likes of Miyazaki, Kitano, Ichikawa and Ozu
hell, i'd rather watch The Gods Must be Crazy instead

You're switching TV channels and torn between watching The Shawshank Redemption and another movie on a different channel. What is that one movie that would make you refuse to watch The Shawshank Redemption, and choose that one movie instead?
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
...and many, many others

Back