Name one policy of the opposite aisle that you agree with

What we see a lot more of is people who are right-wing on identity politics and media consumption and left on policy. @funcrusher2007's post is a good example. On literally every policy issue he mentioned, he's a pretty much normal Democrat, but because he hates "SJWs," he claims not to know where he stands.
That is Republicanism in a nutshell, convincing people vote against their interests through use of meaningless social wedge issues.

What we see a lot more of is people who are right-wing on identity politics and media consumption and left on policy. @funcrusher2007's post is a good example. On literally every policy issue he mentioned, he's a pretty much normal Democrat, but because he hates "SJWs," he claims not to know where he stands.

I just re read his post. He was actually like 4 Conservative-5 Liberal

You also have to take into consideration how far a side takes each issue. He states he wants a social safety net. That can be interpreted in many ways

I'd love nothing more than to bring home 90% of our troops and would be fine with a "universal" health care plan instead.

Neither party is pushing that

I'd be a democrat in a heart beat if they had a candidate who was truly anti war and who had the balls to come out against the shit the DOJ FBI CIA were up to and have been up to

That is Republicanism in a nutshell, convincing people vote against their interests through use of meaningless social wedge issues.

Convincing people that "the left" is the guy on twitter who berated that teen about her Chinese prom dress being cultural appropriation.

They turn people into Don Quioxites swinging wildly at purple-haired Tumblr feminist windmills.

Wait. What are his social wedge issues?

There's actually a lot. I would classify myself as right wing, but socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

Things I agree with the left on off the top of my head.

-Abortion
-Legalization of marijuana, decriminalization of all narcotics for personal use.
-Legalization of sex work
-Universal health care (our Canadian system is FAR from perfect, but I don't think someone should go into the poor house after a cancer diagnosis).
-gay marriage, etc.
-leaving religion out of decisions that effect everyone.

Socially liberal and fiscally conservative?

So you want the poor people getting screwed to love drugs, hate tradition, and have no morals.. But you want the money to flow up under the lie of trickle down?

You are exactly what the money wants. Loose morals, no connection to the "We have class and deserve a decent standard of living" normal people of the recent past, and support the completely comical notion of trickle down; with military spending to protect the system that helps the few.

Does anyone notice ANYTIME there is a thread like this the same group of posters shit it up with bullshit bashing and do NOT actually contribute to it in the way the thread is asking.

We all know who they are. And they are the same group that lecture people on how biased everyone else is. How Tribal everyone else is and how Partisan everyone else is

Yet anytime someone tries to make a thread getting people to look constructively at others viewpoints they contribute nothing but partisan BS

Except one side is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, worse for "the middle and poor classes."

Yes, one side is better. Namely, the side whose policies are consistent with those recommended by economists, policy experts, scientists, social scientists, public interest groups, and academics - and not the side whose policies are panned by those groups and who is currently dismantling the public sphere to sell it off to crooks and profiteers.
I prefer infinite sides. We can't and shouldn't have the same opinions and ideas. The current system attacks those with a differing opinion while also allowing frauds and tricksters to thrive by simply saying a few buzzwords to sound cool.

But if I'm forced to choose, the established left gives some hope as opposed to being completely hopeless like the established right.

The left at least has people who can think objectively and in the interest of the middle and poor classes.

Only thing I can agree with the right about is protecting the 2nd amendment, but it's certainly not for the same reasons- those slimy fucks only have ulterior motives.

I like that Conservatives have no problem with adultery.
My biggest problem with the current Republican party is we have troops in Yemen and they have added 2 trillion to the debt.

I prefer infinite sides. We can't and shouldn't have the same opinions and ideas. The current system attacks those with a differing opinion while also allowing frauds and tricksters to thrive by simply saying a few buzzwords to sound cool.

But if I'm forced to choose, the established left gives some hope as opposed to being completely hopeless like the established right.

The left at least has people who can think objectively and in the interest of the middle and poor classes.

Only thing I can agree with the right about is protecting the 2nd amendment, but it's certainly not for the same reasons- those slimy fucks only have ulterior motives.

I would agree that commitment to gun rights is the only meritorious policy strain on the right.

However, there are a lot of positions in the Democratic Party, some in advocating change and considerably more in preserving hard-fought changes of yesteryear, that will directly and indirectly help the poor and middle class. Virtually no policies espoused by the Republicans help anyone but the ultra-rich, except by incident. For instance, the Clinton and Obama administrations were a mixed bag (particularly with Clinton's policies re international trade and criminal justice reform), but both administrations yielded gains for labor/employment rights, while every Republican administration dating back to Taft 100 years ago has been an all-out assault on employees and workers' interests.

After a couple minutes of thinking, I can't think of one actual Republican policy I agree with that is in opposition to Democrat policy positions. This means platform stuff, btw. There may be one, but it's not obvious off the top of my head. You can always find factions of opposing parties who agree or disagree on little things though. And something that shows the disconnect between Republicans and reality quite clearly is how much more Republicans agree with Democrat policy than vice versa. Democrats tend more to agree with certain Republican ideas, or approaches to certain problems, but not policies.

I guess I'm more left than right so I'll take this from that point of view. Now these are just principals and not things I see applied 100% consistently, but regardless of how often they're exercised I still identify with them.

- Personal responsibility. I think people drastically underestimate how much control they have over their lives. It's an ironic example, but the incel threads are good examples.
- States rights; the United States is a large country and varies geographically as much as demographically. I think removing responsibility from a central authority and pushing it on localities that can better understand and address their own situations is the right way to do it.
- Normally reducing the deficit during a time of economic prosperity would be a Republican idea, and I'd agree with it.
- Military-spending - I think we could make realistic cuts, but I'm very much in favor of America continuing to lead the way in military tech
- Second-amendment - I'd say "Constitutionalism" but I don't see either party really caring about the Constitution as a whole as much as individual parts they're more likely to take advantage of. I could bitch about their treatment of other Amendments, but at the end of the day the thread is about things I agree with so I agree with the sanctity of the 2nd.

That's all I have for now, probably more.

Last edited:
I lean left but my dick hangs right, weird eh?

I agree with the right on gun control. Leave my fucking guns alone.

Except one side is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, worse for "the middle and poor classes."

Yes, one side is better. Namely, the side whose policies are consistent with those recommended by economists, policy experts, scientists, social scientists, public interest groups, and academics - and not the side whose policies are panned by those groups and who is currently dismantling the public sphere to sell it off to crooks and profiteers.
^---lil kid right here.

I just re read his post. He was actually like 4 Conservative-5 Liberal

Here it is, with the ranting and stuff removed:

"I’m for social welfare..
Fuck wars and corporate welfare...give the people healthcare,infrastructure,affordable living,affordable education.

I’m anti open borders, I’m pro abortion,I’m pro 2nd am, pro reform on gun control. I’m union, anti nafta.
Anti public sector union..

including cops and fireman, everyone bashes teachers unions but don’t blink a eye to fire/police and there over the top contracts.

believe authorities in this country need to be held to higher standards .... our cops are becoming anxiety stricken,shoot from the hips buffoons."

Anti-public-sector union isn't a policy but is the only position there exclusively identified with the GOP, but then he adds "including cops," while the GOP generally makes cops the exception.

After a couple minutes of thinking, I can't think of one actual Republican policy I agree with that is in opposition to Democrat policy positions. This means platform stuff, btw. There may be one, but it's not obvious off the top of my head. You can always find factions of opposing parties who agree or disagree on little things though. And something that shows the disconnect between Republicans and reality quite clearly is how much more Republicans agree with Democrat policy than vice versa. Democrats tend more to agree with certain Republican ideas, or approaches to certain problems, but not policies.

Yeah, Republican policies aren't even popular among Republicans.

Here it is, with the ranting and stuff removed:

"I’m for social welfare..
Fuck wars and corporate welfare...give the people healthcare,infrastructure,affordable living,affordable education.

I’m anti open borders, I’m pro abortion,I’m pro 2nd am, pro reform on gun control. I’m union, anti nafta.
Anti public sector union..

including cops and fireman, everyone bashes teachers unions but don’t blink a eye to fire/police and there over the top contracts.

believe authorities in this country need to be held to higher standards .... our cops are becoming anxiety stricken,shoot from the hips buffoons."

Anti-public-sector union isn't a policy but is the only position there exclusively identified with the GOP, but then he adds "including cops," while the GOP generally makes cops the exception.

Anti open borders. Pro 2nd amendment

Anti Nafta would be probably exclusive to Trump

Biggest one to me is to fund the things that matter at home, like education and infrastructure

Anti open borders. Pro 2nd amendment

Anti Nafta would be probably exclusive to Trump

Both "anti open borders" and pro 2nd are mainstream Democratic policies. Anti-NAFTA is more common on the left than the right, but it crosses party lines.

Back