Name some new rock bands that actually play with some balls

Aside from those three, my favorite rock band around at the moment is King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. These guys are just fucking awesome, everything I love about psychedelic rock

If you get the chance, listen to their album Flying Micotronal Banana. Simply a great album.

I haven’t heard any new rock bands with an edge in quite a while. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Most everything I hear is soft these days.
can you cite some examples of what you consider rock? and some examples of modern rock without edge? that might help...

ClownC0re plays with balls. If you don't believe me, watch the video

all these guys have new albums on the way...

also, you're welcome...

Clutch are still producing badass albums. The Answer had some great stuff on their first three albums. The Brown Study Band is obscure, but awesome.

Clutch are still producing badass albums. The Answer had some great stuff on their first three albums. The Brown Study Band is obscure, but awesome.
Still?
tenor.gif

Not a new band but the new Raconteurs ep is pretty damn good

Greta Van Fleet is amazing. Then you also have Highly Suspect, Black Pistol Fire, All Them Witches, Freedom Hawk... There is a shitload of good rock coming out constantly.

Greta Van Fleet is amazing. Then you also have Highly Suspect, Black Pistol Fire, All Them Witches, Freedom Hawk... There is a shitload of good rock coming out constantly.

Good call on All Them Witches. I don't know if I would say they play with "balls", but they're defintley good in a stoner rock type of way. Either way they do rock.

I haven’t heard any new rock bands with an edge in quite a while. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Most everything I hear is soft these days.

How about Dozer? They're not really new, but a little off the beaten path. I just discovered these guys a year or two ago.

can you cite some examples of what you consider rock? and some examples of modern rock without edge? that might help...
Check my original post, I edit it to provide some examples of what I love. Imagine Dragons, if that can be considered rock makes me want to rip my fucking eyeballs out. Anything that is bland or generic sounding like Nickelback. For my money the 70s had the greatest and most rich era of music in rock. Black keys are good. They’ve just never wowed me the way maiden or the clash or talking heads did.

Also-Hozier. Ugh. Makes me wanna gag

Last edited:
Back