Name Three Officially 'Normal' Things that you find Totally Unacceptable

Sharing my food
Taking the control when watching tv
Dont Smoke my weed

1) People who talk about their pets like they're kids and go on and on about it. Showing pictures, telling me food you made for your dog blah blah blah. Fuck off.

2) Asking someone if they'll buy you a drink. Fuck that's annoying.

3) People who are glued to their cellphones while taking a shit in public or work restrooms. I mean, sometimes when you have to go, and all stalls are taken, and it's like 5+ minutes before a single person leaves. There's no way it takes that long to take a shit.

1. Lorries over taking lorries on 2 lane motorways (UK)

2. Lack of leg space on a plane

3. Using animals for peoples entertainment.

Always amazed how airplanes really haven't evolved for people outside of the entertainment things no the seats in front. Shit, I have an ipad to watch stuff. Give me some fucking leg room!!!!

de gustibus est disputandum for you, huh?

Not quite. “taste” and “merit” are different concepts for me. For instance, I enjoy drinking this Chicago-centric aperitif called Malort. You can look up that term on YouTube where you’l find hundreds of videos of people using it as a prank to punish coworkers/annoying bar patrons/generally-bothersome-people/etc. I’m under no illusions that Malort is objectively good. It’s objectively TERRIBLE, and I know it - yet I like it.

What I hate is people who think that whatever terrible things they enjoy are, in fact, good. That make sense?

that smoking thing would annoy people, don't most places have 50' from an entrance no smoking rules?

I actually find annoying people that freak out if someone is having a cigarette near them. Big fucking deal.

Not quite. “taste” and “merit” are different concepts for me. For instance, I enjoy drinking this Chicago-centric aperitif called Malort. You can look up that term on YouTube where you’l find hundreds of videos of people using it as a prank to punish coworkers/annoying bar patrons/generally-bothersome-people/etc. I’m under no illusions that Malort is objectively good. It’s objectively TERRIBLE, and I know it - yet I like it.

What I hate is people who think that whatever terrible things they enjoy are, in fact, good. That make sense?

Sure. I mean, we could go down the rabbit hole of "is true objectivity possible?" and "what is goodness and how do we determine it?" but this probably isn't the place or time. [That is sort of the reason I like grappling, though... when you fight someone and either win or lose, that's pretty objective!].

Sure. I mean, we could go down the rabbit hole of "is true objectivity possible?" and "what is goodness and how do we determine it?" but this probably isn't the place or time. [That is sort of the reason I like grappling, though... when you fight someone and either win or lose, that's pretty objective!].

FTR, I understand how subjectivity can play a role in personal preferences between, for instance, 6.999996 and 6.9999997. My issue is with people who insist on subjectivity between, say, a 1 and a 9. Granted, I’m assuming an objective measure to make the point however I’m guessing the point is understood

FTR, I understand how subjectivity can play a role in personal preferences between, for instance, 6.999996 and 6.9999997. My issue is with people who insist on subjectivity between, say, a 1 and a 9. Granted, I’m assuming an objective measure to make the point however I’m guessing the point is understood

Please. 6.99999(repeating) is clearly superior to either of those because it's actually 7. But since the only objective way to be sure of whose preference for random non-integer numbers is superior is to fight each other... let's take this outside.

rawr.

Please. 6.99999(repeating) is clearly superior to either of those because it's actually 7. But since the only objective way to be sure of whose preference for random non-integer numbers is superior is to fight each other... let's take this outside.

rawr.

I’m good with this. Meet me outside the Burger King

I worked in grocery stores as a teenager, this is so true. Most people in society are stupid and inconsiderate. They do it in the isles the most. Let's push the fucking cart down the center of the isle and then have a stupid thought, in which case we will turn our cart at a 45 degree angle blocking the whole isle. Then when someone says excuse me to get by, act super surprised that you had obstructed traffic.

Just park your shit off to the side to begin with you idiots!!
Amen peach brother

If all the women who have abortions were forced to carry the baby, who is going to care for the millions of unwanted babies?

If you personally want to force women to carry an unwanted baby, then you should also be willing to step in and take care of the baby you forced the mother to carry.

There is this crazy thing called...

contraception.

Extremely fat people on motorized carts at the grocery store in the candy aisle.

Assholes that make you walk through their smoke halo outside any store

Loud music in a vehicle-no one is impressed and no one wants to hear your shitty music

1. Outrage culture on the internet
2. Feminism and its hypocricy
3. Ignorant right wingers/Wimpy left wingers

people complaining about pesticides. yet they want beautiful ripe delicious looking fruits and vegetables

Helicopter parents. I'm 31, and I remember roaming around my town, actually doing shit outside. I struggle to see a viable adulthood for children who are currently 10 or so in which they are not riddled with fear and anxiety at the world they have made barely any choices in.

Whoever wrote people who stop at moving walkways at airports gets a high five from me. Double for those who obstruct those coming in behind you. Have some consideration you dopes.

Yes, what you say should be understood as beyond anyone’s subjective assessment
As to your original point I agree and I say that as someone who isn't above enjoying a basic pop song. I try to separate an objective judgement of a work of art from my personal taste. For instance, I quite like monster movies but more often than not they're pretty sub-par movies. I won't apologize for liking them but at the same time I won't pretend they're the finest cinema has to offer. Music is similar. Its clear some music is shallow in terms of its message and the complexity of its composition but that doesn't mean its impossible for me to prefer it over something that took more skill and is more challenging to listen to.

Judging music is subjective on some level but that subjectivity is more relevant when we're talking about works of comparable quality. If we did try to come up with some objective criteria to judge it on most of us would expect that it would rank Beethoven well above Ashley Simpson and that if it didn't we'd be skeptical of its value.

Back