Nastiest One Punch KO You've Ever Seen?

Don't know how to timestamp from Android, so skip to around 9 mins.

View attachment 452583 View attachment 452585 I was at Wembley for this, and even up in the angels we could see what a devastating KO this was. Then they showed the replay and 85 000 people went “Ooooooooo”

The way Groves’ leg is twisted underneath him... Brutal.

Also the last competitive punch Froch ever threw which is also awesome.

He set it up beautifully with the faked left hook, and groves fell for it hook, line and sinker
I think George’s straight right in their first fight was just as devastating! Says a lot about Carls whiskers. That shot would’ve knocked every other smw out

He set it up beautifully with the faked left hook, and groves fell for it hook, line and sinker
I think George’s straight right in their first fight was just as devastating! Says a lot about Carls whiskers. That shot would’ve knocked every other smw out

Belongs in the “how did he get up from that” thread. Froch had an unbelievable combination of chin and heart. Hard man to beat.

Edit: I also had money on a first round knockdown in that fight. Happy days.

Johnson ko over Roy Jones Jr
Glen was legit concerned , Roy took a long time to get up

Belongs in the “how did he get up from that” thread. Froch had an unbelievable combination of chin and heart. Hard man to beat.

Edit: I also had money on a first round knockdown in that fight. Happy days.

I was never a massive fan of froch but I respected him enormously. He deserves his legacy and I appreciate him far more now.

I thought groves would beat him and was pissed at the nonsense stoppage in the first fight. In hindsight it didn’t matter, groves wasn’t making it to the end of the fight and I’d put my house on that. Even though I’ve not always supported him I loved so many of his fights especially the 2 with Kessler and the Bute fight. He absolutely destroyed a guy who many thought was going to rule the division. He looked mean as fck giving him that beating against the ropes. Personally I think it’s one of the best displays of any British boxer in recent years. Love that fight

Forgot about the Abraham and Taylor fights!

Too many to pick one. And actually, I think a couple of really nasty ones that I've seen from ringside at lower level shows were the ones that really scared me. One guy (heavyweight) at an amateur kickboxing event in Norway around 1990-1991 took a beautiful right on his chin, got knocked completely cold and remained unresponsive for a long time. I was like 15-16 at the time, going HOOOOOOLY FUCK THIS MAN MIGHT DIE!!§!§" They carried him away, and he ended up ok, but from what I recall he hung 'em up right there and never fought again.

The other one was in Newcastle, Australia in the late 90s. Two heavyweights again, one of them walked straight into a huge right hand and looked dead before he hit the canvas, as if someone had shot him right through the brain with an assault rifle. And his leg wouldn't stop shaking. He lay there completely gone, fully asleep, with his left leg shaking / vibrating for longer than I had ever seen something like that go on. As if the last few volts of electricity were leaving his rapidly dying body. Later that night I had a chat with the ringside physician who just brushed it off. "Happens to rugby guys all the time, mate" or something like that. Made me grateful I wasn't into rugby.

I was never a massive fan of froch but I respected him enormously. He deserves his legacy and I appreciate him far more now.

I thought groves would beat him and was pissed at the nonsense stoppage in the first fight. In hindsight it didn’t matter, groves wasn’t making it to the end of the fight and I’d put my house on that. Even though I’ve not always supported him I loved so many of his fights especially the 2 with Kessler and the Bute fight. He absolutely destroyed a guy who many thought was going to rule the division. He looked mean as fck giving him that beating against the ropes. Personally I think it’s one of the best displays of any British boxer in recent years. Love that fight

Forgot about the Abraham and Taylor fights!
Great fighter who will be overshadowed by Ward, historically. Too bad, he was 10 times the entertainer and fought everyone.

Brown v pettway was incredible

Patterson ko of ingmar johannson was brutal

just throw up a ko reel of Julian Jackson or the G-Man

RJJ on Art Sewano is a good one. Dude made a face like his soul was just taken from his body

heres one thats probably not well known.

Wayne Alexander had some anvils for fists, Julian Jackson esque power where he doesn't look like he should hit that hard.

Tete is fighting tonight against a 4-0 guy... He is even money to KO him - I"ve had a flutter!

Back