Nate Diaz is a steal vs Dustin Poirier @ UFC 230

Nate is a decent gatekeeper. That's it.

I agree that Khabib is wildly overrated when you consider his actual accomplishments. It reminds me of the hype around Ngannou. Let's see what he can do against the elite guys, IF he can even stay healthy

gty_513971508_80269252.jpg
022616-UFC-Nate-Diaz-punches-Michael-Johnson-PI-.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg
nate-diaz-17.jpg

How is Nate Diaz a gatekeeper when he beat the gatekeepers in their primes and beat the number 1 rated guy in division TWICE?

Gatekeeper is a term used by braindead Shertard fanboys who dont know their azz from a hole in ground.

Nate Diaz has more UFC fights on his record and has fought more killers than 99% of ranked fighters today.

If Nate Diaz was protected by UFC and hand picked opponents like a majority of the more popular fighters today he could very easily hold a belt.

Nate Diaz isnt a company guy and he doesnt play ball or kiss azz. But thats why Nate Diaz is one of the biggest draws in the sport. He just dont give a flux.

He goes for the kill from start to finish full throttle all the way and doesnt let off. He is virtually impossible to KO as not even serial killer Rory MacDonald whom is WAY bigger could take him out.

He is the very definition of a true fighter...the last of a dying breed.

View attachment 421521
View attachment 421523
View attachment 421525

How is Nate Diaz a gatekeeper when he beat the gatekeepers in their primes and beat the number 1 rated guy in division TWICE?

Gatekeeper is a term used by braindead Shertard fanboys who dont know their azz from a hole in ground.

Nate Diaz has more UFC fights on his record and has fought more killers than 99% of ranked fighters today.

If Nate Diaz was protected by UFC and hand picked opponents like a majority of the more popular fighters today he could very easily hold a belt.

Nate Diaz isnt a company guy and he doesnt play ball or kiss azz. But thats why Nate Diaz is one of the biggest draws in the sport. He just dont give a flux.

He goes for the kill from start to finish full throttle all the way and doesnt let off. He is virtually impossible to KO as not even serial killer Rory MacDonald whom is WAY bigger could take him out.

He is the very definition of a true fighter...the last of a dying breed.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/18/5916043/dana-white-nate-diaz-is-not-a-needle-mover
He's never been a big draw. The guy doesn't move the needle.

You even admit that his only accomplishment is beating a guy who moved up two weight classes. Look, he's a fine UFC level fighter, but he will never beat the elite guys because he is one dimensional and stubborn. His volume striking is enough to beat the lower level guys, but the champion level guys are able to neutralize it and he's unable to adjust.

Any smart bettor will take Nate on this one!!

Never said he wasnt a great fighter but he is not at the level the UFC cog machine has led its mindless fanbase to believe.

Everyone he looked good against he had clear size and reach advantage.

Imagine what Nate Diazs record would be like if the UFC fed him from the beginning manlets with lessor reach handicap. Many great fighters get overlooked because they dont have "the look" or charisma that sells.

Im not disputing McGregor isnt a great fighter however he is not the god he is made out to be.

The only next level fighter who stands out from masses Ive seen is Jon Jones. Aside from JJ they're all so very close at this level. Styles make fights and not all fighters records are created equal.
I agree on some points but not all of them. You're right though, he does get overhyped but....that's nothing new. In the other hand it doesn't matter that much. When it mattered the most, Nate tooled him. Just roll your eyes at the revisionists.

Isn't nate a bad matchup for Dustin? Dustin doesn't have a great chin iirc. Is dustin disclipined enough to just leg kick nate for 3 rounds?

Either way time for nate to prove that he can draw without Connor. Comeon you so called nate diaz fans, put your money where your mouth is!!

Never said he wasnt a great fighter but he is not at the level the UFC cog machine has led its mindless fanbase to believe.

Everyone he looked good against he had clear size and reach advantage.

Imagine what Nate Diazs record would be like if the UFC fed him from the beginning manlets with lessor reach handicap. Many great fighters get overlooked because they dont have "the look" or charisma that sells.

Im not disputing McGregor isnt a great fighter however he is not the god he is made out to be.

The only next level fighter who stands out from masses Ive seen is Jon Jones. Aside from JJ they're all so very close at this level. Styles make fights and not all fighters records are created equal.

Everyone mcgregor has looked good against he had a clear size/reach advantage? The only next level fighter who stands out from the masses is jon jones??

<{walkerwhut}>

dustin got leg kick, takedown. thats the end of the story for nate. nate is bum fighter. he is the best lhw fighter when opponent can't wrestle and leg kick like vs conor, vs MJ

nate's only chance is poirier being emotional.
Hes going to take Diaz down? Lol. Good idea.

Great call. Also, Hunt a -270 favorite over Olyniek is potentially a good payday. Thoughts? You seem to know what you are talking about (unlike about 99% of people on here).
Thanks man, and I’m not sure about Hunt. I hate betting big favorites especially at HW. Hunt seems like he doesn’t care about fighting anymore and he just wants to finish his contract so he can fight somewhere outside UFC. I personally would stay away, but it’s not a bad bet to parlay as Hunt is usually hard to takedown unless he faces great wrestlers.

Well.... as always... post betting slip or shut the fuck up.

<Fedor23><Goldie11>

Why the fuk would you place a bet today on a fight that's taking place in november? I'm gonna bet bigly on Nate as well and obviously I don't have a betting slip yet.

I think Poirier will go safe and out wrestle nate like he did with Irish Joe Duffy

Dustin is fighting really well. Nate hasn't fought in two years, has lost over 1/3 of his fights, and just isn't that good of a fighter.
Tied for 3rd most submission wins in UFC with Maia, subs legit guys like Jim Miller, only guy in UFC to beat Conor, tooled Michael Johnson in the standup who tooled Dustin. The fuck you talking about, he has problems vs pressure wrestlers with good cardio. Only person to finish him was a headkick by Josh and he didnt even go out.

He had a long layoff and came back looking better then ever vs Johnson.......

Poirer is one of the best possible fights for Diaz in the top 5.

Ferguson, Lee and Khabib are all wildly, wildly more difficult fights for Nate.

Nate is too big and too durable to have problems with Poirer, he is going to out box him just like Johnson did, but it will be a beating instead of a KO. TS is right Nate will probably lose the first round.

I like Poirer and Alvarez was a big win, but that is likely going to be the best win of his career.

What? It's 3 rounds, Poirier might just wrestle, like he did vs Duffy.

I would bet on Nate if it was 5 rounds.

I think Poirier will go safe and out wrestle nate like he did with Irish Joe Duffy

Poirer isn't big enough or physical enough to pull off out wrestling Nate for three rounds. Duffy was in over his head and to date, that is the only real 'name' fighter he's ever fought. The next closest thing would be Vick, and he just summarily KO'd him.

Diaz is hittable and isn't going to check leg kicks properly. I think we're going to see Dustin come out with a heavy low kick game, and looking to attack the body as well, then go upstairs if he can soften him.

View attachment 420935
Who’s ready to make some $$ on Nate?
I haven’t gambled on any sports since last NFL season ended but this fight is gonna make me come out of gambler’s retirement.
Absolutely zero reason for Dustin to be -210, other than Nate coming off a 2 year layoff.

Why are people hyping Dustin so much right now? Just because he TKO’d the two kings of CTE, Alvarez and Gaejthe?
Remind yourselves that Alvarez and Gaejthe beat whatever was left of each other’s chin before Dustin faced them.

Dustin got slept by the last solid boxer he faced in Michael Johnson. Plus Dustin will be at the height/reach disadvantage this time vs Nate.

Nate might take a round to warm up, but he will take over and dominate come round 2. Either a TKO win for Diaz or a clear cut 29-28 UD.

Nate is gonna dice Dustin up like a plump fresh ripe tomato. The Diaz bros patented boxing style is fkng awesome to watch, and that stamina and pace they have is hard to fuk with. Dustin is a tough dude but Diaz GOT this imo.

Back