Nate Diaz Reminds All Who The Original Gangsters Are

Just a few weeks ago, ahead of UFC 223, former two-division champion Conor McGregor showed up unannounced at a pre-fight media obligation and allegedly attacked the fighter bus that Khabib Nurmagomedov was on, seemingly in retaliation for a minor incident Nurmagomedov had with McGregor compatriot Artem Lobov earlier in the week. The attack resulted in injury to multiple parties and McGregor was arrested and charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of felony mischief.

When this all happened, McGregor’s greatest foil, Nate Diaz, took the opportunity to poke fun at the situation. But now, on the anniversary of the infamous Strikeforce: Nashville brawl, Diaz wants everyone to know that he and his team were the original progenitors of the the squad-based PR disaster beef, taking to Instagram with a reminder of the time days he and a group of his friends jumped a lone individual on national television.

The Strikeforce: Nashville brawl is one of the most notorious events in MMA history. It came about when Jason Miller jumped into the cage following Jake Shields‘ title defense over Dan Henderson to pursue a rematch with Shields. Miller’s arrival did indeed bring about “Mayhem” when “The Skrap Pack” - Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Shields, and other Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu members - took umbrage with Miller’s actions and jumped him right there in the cage. The fight was broken up by security and members Henderson’s team but did lead to announcer Gus Johnson famously saying that “Sometimes these things happen in MMA” to the nearly three million viewers watching on CBS. It was an embarrassment to the sport which was still shedding the stigma of “human cock-fighting” that had plagued it for years. Now we know, it was also groundbreaking.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...k-nate-diaz-says-his-team-started-this-g-sh-t

diaz bro's are street tough, i guess a little gangster

Also, making instagram posts about how hard & G you are, when you've ducked khabib 3 times...

<BirdieOwn>

they shouldn't be proud of being fucking thugs, ffs

Tank's crew actually beat up Pat Smith in an elevator...badly. The Cesar Gracie 5 barely made a scratch on Mayhem.

Not that I defend any gang attacks (they're always cowardly), but Nate should be really ashamed of his.
Exactly what I was referring to and there are also stories of spectators talking shit and getting beat up by fighters’ friends (not ufc iirc, but still). I’m so tired of the Diaz acting as if their shtick was something new.

A lot of testosterone in the cage (everyone's on steroids).

Good thing Gus Johnson kept it real... But this is MMA people... this thing happens. :eek:

Demetrious Johnson has more street cred than Nick and Nate. DJ's drug dealer friend funded his early MMA career.

Dana White is the real OG... grab a pocket Nayt

this is all BS

the original gangster is actually...

war-machine-1-featured.jpg

Not the kind of self reflection you'd expect from someone who's just turned 33...

Wake me up when Nate has a fight booked, until then *yawn*

Shields appears to be throwing a fist bump while farting in that pic

Its called fear biters.

You see the same thing with dogs.

It all comes down to insecurity.

you can say, diaz changed mcgregor's way of thinking and diaz is just so happy he had helped conor with his gangsta life. lol.

Back