Nate's BJJ vs Tony's BJJ

andrikkis7

Rikudō Sennin
@Blue
Reaction score
Who is better when it comes to BJJ?

I've seen a lot of posters here claiming that Nate is better but in my honest opinion, Tony has the best BJJ in the division.

What do you guys think?

If we're talking about pure, classic BJJ, I'd say Nate, but I think Tony's is better adapted to MMA.

I think Tony is better in scrambles, but otherwise Nate has a more balanced and practiced game.

nate vs tony adcc..im in.

Nate via longer arms & legs for chokes, plus a longer list of victims.

No disrespect to Tony.

Tony seems more flexible and unorthodox. Nate night be tighter with less wasted motion.

Like the elbows Tony uses in guard. Has Nate ever used rubber guard

I've seen a lot of posters here claiming that Nate is better but in my honest opinion, Tony has the best BJJ in the division.

What do you guys think?
I think Nate has more technical BJJ abilities, but Tony is stronger, more athletic, and has better wrestling/ MMA grappling.

So BJJ, Nate.
Overall Ground Skills, Tony.

If they were to fight each other Nate would probably have the upper hand on the ground, but it is a bit of rock-paper-scissors because I think Tony would mess up a lot of good fighters that Nate would struggle with or get stalled out against. Tony has a really awesome MMA guard - very aggressive and fatiguing to deal with for the top player.

Responses here are pretty much spot on. I like both but I prefer Tony's 10th planet stuff, Eddie bravo is a genius.

lmao all these clueless ducks thinking Tony is even close to nate in BJJ makes me laugh my ass of rofl.

This isnt even a close match up, Nate would murder him 10/10 times in bjj, Nate is a legit black belt for years now, has perfectly smooth transitions and is absolutely feared on the ground. Tony shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Diaz. Ferguson is good, but he can get held down and controlled by good wrestlers (Lee passed his guard and mounted him pretty easily and Castillo held and took him down each round, I believe Khabib would have done the same). He is unorthodox and that is sometimes a problem; he tries risky moves and gets stuck on the bottom. His rolling leg locks are nearly useless (esp. vs Barboza), he was nowhere near putting Barboza's legs in danger.

Diaz never takes big risks, but has good passing, control - he has a more well rounded grappling game.

Both aren't great vs good wrestlers.

nate has better pure BJJ, tony tries harder in scrambles and is willing to take more risks whereas nate is more lazy on the ground.

BJJ - Nate

Wrestling - Fergie

However Fergies BJJ >>>>>>> Nayts Wrestling

<seedat>

Fuck they should set that shit up at Metamoris. No gi I'd take Fergie.

What do you guys think?

I would rather get a BBBJ from Gina Carano

If they both started to grapple in a fight I would have Nate winning the exchanges. Tony can be a bit wild in there and Nate might be able to catch him in a sub by just being a more seasoned and technical black belt.

Would love to see the two fight at some point. They match up very well both standing and on the ground. It Would be a war

Back