Nathan Carnage Corbett

Bear17

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This dude was one hell of a MT guy. Best elbows in the game.
Sad to hear he has struggled since he retired.

In before all the haters pop up to start bad mouthing him. He definitely utilized them alot more then other fighters at his level and up at the higher weightclasses I wish he would've been able to fight more higher tier fighters where elbow were allowed. Outside of maybe Shootboxing though I highly doubt too much guys really wanted to fight him under FTR fights.

I heard hes planning to open a gym in socal. Supposedly this should have been done already but there was some visa issues. anyone bad mouthing corbett is a douche IMO.

Got put down as soon as he stepped up.
Stayed down too.

<Fedor23>

I heard hes planning to open a gym in socal. Supposedly this should have been done already but there was some visa issues. anyone bad mouthing corbett is a douche IMO.
I think the amount of push back was warranted given the amount of blind nuthugging he received back in the day. His fans used to come in here and hype the shit out of him while he was turning down offers from K-1 and beating up scrubs in Australia for years while being given "Elbow God" status despite an endless amount of Thai's past/present being more effective with them against better competition.

That said, he is a bad ass and I would love to train at his gym. He's just not what he was hyped up to be.

I think the amount of push back was warranted given the amount of blind nuthugging he received back in the day. His fans used to come in here and hype the shit out of him while he was turning down offers from K-1 and beating up scrubs in Australia for years while being given "Elbow God" status despite an endless amount of Thai's past/present being more effective with them against better competition.

That said, he is a bad ass and I would love to train at his gym. He's just not what he was hyped up to be.

i can see that. yeah i will be training at his gym for sure as well, not regularly but if its not too far, ill be there.

He was 11 x world champ. Thats not just beating up Australian scrubs.

I guess MT is just full of scrubs.

big corbett fan, but it kinda is at his weight.

shame that glory wasted him by giving him Spong and Saki as his opponents. Could have made a decent run in Glory.

big corbett fan, but it kinda is at his weight.

shame that glory wasted him by giving him Spong and Saki as his opponents. Could have made a decent run in Glory.
Agreed, they should have given him a couple of warm-up fights.
Corbett is a scary guy in muay thai and in kickboxing. Always enjoyed his fights.

Agreed, they should have given him a couple of warm-up fights.
Corbett is a scary guy in muay thai and in kickboxing. Always enjoyed his fights.

A good match up is a good match up, it's just being able to get back up there for the rematch.
Why waste time watching warm-up fights when they're all up there already.

dude's a fucking beast. much respect.

Is he even top 100 kickfighter though?

There hasnt been many MT Cruiserweights as good as him.
Ya because their hasn't been many period. Everyone 170 KG+ fought Kickboxing because that's where all the talent was...

LOL @ Warm-up fight in Glory. Most of his career was a warm-up fight...

Ya because their hasn't been many period. Everyone 170 KG+ fought Kickboxing because that's where all the talent was...

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. His first fight in Glory he lost to Spong, yeah, but on their first fight Corbett knocked Spong out. Spong refused to rematch Corbett in full MT rules. If Spong or Saki fought Corbett under MT rules it would be a very different outcome.
I just love how MT guys have to cross over into K1 rules to prove themselves, yet K1 dudes dont have to fight under MT rules to prove their worth.

170 KG+ ? You know Mighty Mo was only like 130 KG and Bob Sapp only 160 KG even Lungu and Hong-man Choi wasn't that big.

I just love how MT guys have to cross over into K1 rules to prove themselves, yet K1 dudes dont have to fight under MT rules to prove their worth.
Sigh...with this dumb shit on the forum again...

Back