International [NATO News] What Sweden brings to NATO as its Newest Member

to be fair, greece's contribution would be about $4.

You'd be surprised, it's to the tune of $4.6 Billion.

Greece may be broke as shit, but their trusted NATO ally Turkey is still next door, and so the Helenic Armed Forces is still currently ranked #28 in the world.

Poland, Greece and Estonia.

Can you just dub the idiots who clearly did not bother to read the OP?

Last edited:
TRUMP WINNING AGAIN

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32955/trump-breaks-nato-leaders-pledge-unwavering-ryan-saavedra
TRUMP BREAKS NATO: Leaders Pledge 'Unwavering Commitment' To Boost Defense Spending
Leaders of member nations that belong to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) pledged their "unwavering commitment" to increasing their defense funding of the organization after President Donald Trump slammed the group for treating the United States unfairly.

The commitment from European leaders came after Trump publicly embarrassed NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg during a meeting early on Wednesday morning. Fox News reports:

The U.S. and European allies signed a declaration stating they are "committed to improving the balance of sharing the costs and responsibilities of alliance membership."

The declaration comes after confrontational and testy discussions between Trump and other NATO leaders.

"So, we're protecting Germany, we're protecting France, we're protecting all of these countries," Trump said. "And then numerous of the countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia where they're paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia. So, we are supposed to protect you against Russia."

"You tell me if that is appropriate." Trump continued. "This has been going on for decades. This has been brought up by other presidents, but other presidents never did anything about it."

"It's very unfair to our country, it's very unfair to our taxpayers," Trump told Stoltenberg. "And I think that these countries have to step it up not over a 10 year period— they have to step it up immediately."

A Tuesday report from Forbes revealed that the U.S. spends more than double in defense spending for NATO than all other NATO members spend combined.

Trump continued hammering NATO after the early morning meeting, tweeting:

National Review noted that Trump suggested that "a commitment of 4 percent would be required to achieve parity with U.S. defense expenditures."

YEAH BABY!!! Trump ain't bending over for anyone!

obama_1523079c.jpg

Obama is very skilled at assuming the position.

he got nothing..... nobody takes him seriously

lol that JUST BECAUSE its Trump telling the truth here, people pretend to have a problem with it. All countries in NATO should be paying their share. They agree to be part of NATO but seems like only if the US foots most of the bill when its us who would do 99% of the work in the event of any need for defense.

lol that JUST BECAUSE its Trump telling the truth here, people pretend to have a problem with it. All countries in NATO should be paying their share. They agree to be part of NATO but seems like only if the US foots most of the bill when its us who would do 99% of the work in the event of any need for defense.
But hegemony! Protecting national interests in a forward, prophylactic, and dynamic way is evil!

NATO is a toothless old tiger.

But hegemony! Protecting national interests in a forward, prophylactic, and dynamic way is evil!

NATO is a toothless old tiger.
Its basically Europe deciding how and when the US will come in and fix shit for them and we get that privilege by "donating" a massive amount of money to it.

I mean, look at this shit-

20180710_NATO_Expenditure-3.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...-members-visualized-infographic/#5308a0714cff
NATO is gone without the US. Gone. I think we should pull out for 6 months, just to show the world how useless it is without us. The richest, most successful countries sit back and watch us foot the bill and then insult us for it. We pay more than than the next 10 largest contributors COMBINED.

TRUMP WINNING AGAIN

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32955/trump-breaks-nato-leaders-pledge-unwavering-ryan-saavedra
TRUMP BREAKS NATO: Leaders Pledge 'Unwavering Commitment' To Boost Defense Spending
Leaders of member nations that belong to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) pledged their "unwavering commitment" to increasing their defense funding of the organization after President Donald Trump slammed the group for treating the United States unfairly.

The commitment from European leaders came after Trump publicly embarrassed NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg during a meeting early on Wednesday morning. Fox News reports:

The U.S. and European allies signed a declaration stating they are "committed to improving the balance of sharing the costs and responsibilities of alliance membership."

The declaration comes after confrontational and testy discussions between Trump and other NATO leaders.

"So, we're protecting Germany, we're protecting France, we're protecting all of these countries," Trump said. "And then numerous of the countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia where they're paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia. So, we are supposed to protect you against Russia."

"You tell me if that is appropriate." Trump continued. "This has been going on for decades. This has been brought up by other presidents, but other presidents never did anything about it."

"It's very unfair to our country, it's very unfair to our taxpayers," Trump told Stoltenberg. "And I think that these countries have to step it up not over a 10 year period— they have to step it up immediately."

A Tuesday report from Forbes revealed that the U.S. spends more than double in defense spending for NATO than all other NATO members spend combined.

Trump continued hammering NATO after the early morning meeting, tweeting:

National Review noted that Trump suggested that "a commitment of 4 percent would be required to achieve parity with U.S. defense expenditures."

YEAH BABY!!! Trump ain't bending over for anyone!

obama_1523079c.jpg

Obama is very skilled at assuming the position.

Did you forget when he bowed like a subject to the Saudis?

he's not telling the truth though.... he just doesnt know what he is talking about

he's not telling the truth though.... he just doesnt know what he is talking about
You're denying that the US funds most of what NATO is? You're denying that the majority of the countries in NATO aren't paying their share?

You're denying that the US funds most of what NATO is? You're denying that the majority of the countries in NATO aren't paying their share?
you guys fund 22% of NATO..... you are mistaking your overall military budget for funds for NATO. Thats not how it works
http://time.com/5335111/donald-trump-nato-spending-facts/
Still, the U.S. accounts for 22% of the NATO alliance’s common funding, which is spent on projects like military readiness, joint exercises, and initiatives to counter cyber-warfare.

see?

you guys fund 22% of NATO..... you are mistaking your overall military budget for funds for NATO. Thats not how it works
http://time.com/5335111/donald-trump-nato-spending-facts/

see?
I do see. You don't believe the US is the only beneficiary of those things do you?
There are 29 countries in NATO and we foot almost a 1/4 of the bill. I think I understand it just fine. Its a way for Europe to have big bro America over its shoulder while contributing a lot less than we do.

I do see. You don't believe the US is the only beneficiary of those things do you?
There are 29 countries in NATO and we foot almost a 1/4 of the bill. I think I understand it just fine. Its a way for Europe to have big bro America over its shoulder while contributing a lot less than we do.
oh no of course not.... but in terms of size and overall GDP for America to only pay 22% while the UK pays 10% is pretty hypocritical of you to claim America pays more. We are roughly a quarter of your size but pay almost half as much. If anyone should complain its us lol

Someone just needs to explain this to Trump, he really has no idea what he is talking about on almost any subject

oh no of course not.... but in terms of size and overall GDP for America to only pay 22% while the UK pays 10% is pretty hypocritical of you to claim America pays more. We are roughly a quarter of your size but pay almost half as much. If anyone should complain its us lol

Someone just needs to explain this to Trump, he really has no idea what he is talking about on almost any subject
Everyone is "supposed" to contribute 2% of GDP. 5 of the 29 countries in NATO actually meet that criteria and several of the countries that don't are leaders in world trade. I don't want to hear some shit about how they've agreed to meet the criteria in 8 years either. Do it now.

All of this shit is tied together. We get a shit deal on trade and then are expected to contribute a larger portion of our GDP to NATO. Its absurd.

Everyone is "supposed" to contribute 2% of GDP. 5 of the 29 countries in NATO actually meet that criteria and several of the countries that don't are leaders in world trade. I don't want to hear some shit about how they've agreed to meet the criteria in 8 years either. Do it now.

All of this shit is tied together. We get a shit deal on trade and then are expected to contribute a larger portion of our GDP to NATO. Its absurd.
thats not NATO contributions.... thats military budgets, and that was a target to be reached by 2024. Trump again doesnt realise that it is not a yearly mandate.

I dont care what you want to hear..... and neither do the other leaders care what Trump is saying. The target was set long before he came into office, and he doesnt get to decide on what other nations do with their budgets.

Also stop saying "we get a shit deal on trade" because thats your own fault. Stop trying to play the victim for your countries lack of decent stuff to sell

thats not NATO contributions.... thats military budgets, and that was a target to be reached by 2024. Trump again doesnt realise that it is not a yearly mandate.

I dont care what you want to hear..... and neither do the other leaders care what Trump is saying. The target was set long before he came into office, and he doesnt get to decide on what other nations do with their budgets.

I think the US should abandon it and let Europe go it alone. If we can meet and exceed the commitment, then so can Germany. So can France and the remaining 22 countries that don't contribute their share.

I misread this.

Well yes of course. Without our military budget, NATO is useless. We are the fangs in that tiger.

I think the US should abandon it and let Europe go it alone. If we can meet and exceed the commitment, then so can Germany. So can France and the remaining 22 countries that don't contribute their share.
well of course that would be you guys choice. We wouldnt want that but if it happened we would adapt.

I misread this.

Well yes of course. Without our military budget, NATO is useless. We are the fangs in that tiger.
hardly.... The UK is still one of the top military powers and combined with France and Germany(if the re-expanded) Europe would be pretty formidable

well of course that would be you guys choice. We wouldnt want that but if it happened we would adapt.
Well of course not. You enjoy American defense at American cost, while keeping us on a leash. Why wouldn't you want that?

hardly.... The UK is still one of the top military powers and combined with France and Germany(if the re-expanded) Europe would be pretty formidable
Hardly, my ass. An estimated 3/4 of NATO's military prowess comes from the US.

BTW, this isn't just a Trump opinion. Bernie Sanders, basically the Anti Trump has also agreed that we overspend to protect Europe.

There's no way to justify the amount we spend vs the amount everyone else spends, even broken down to % of GDP.

Well of course not. You enjoy American defense at American cost, while keeping us on a leash. Why wouldn't you want that?.
Im from the UK, we dont "need" your protection. You could close all bases in the UK and we wouldnt care. We are a miltary force and can defend our island.
Hardly, my ass. An estimated 3/4 of NATO's military prowess comes from the US.

BTW, this isn't just a Trump opinion. Bernie Sanders, basically the Anti Trump has also agreed that we overspend to protect Europe.

There's no way to justify the amount we spend vs the amount everyone else spends, even broken down to % of GDP

yeah but if you left do you think we couldnt look after ourselves? if Germany expanded to the 2% target its military would double in size and be the biggest in Europe. Along with France and the UK we can more than make up for any threats that come our way. Maybe one day your presence was necessary, but not anymore. If you want to leave..... then leave.

Back