Naudi at it again

Stephen Hawking can't deadlift for shit, so he's probably right.

Naudi is a genius.

He's too advanced... you'll see, in a couple hundred years they'll be praising him.

Lol, did he actually say that? What an arrogant dude.

Would have been fun to be around here when he posted. My guess is that he took off pretty quickly?
If you are a good BSer, high confidence even leaning more to the arrogant side, you can really take off with clients! They buy it. It's kinda funny but true. He acts like he knows what he's talking about and confidence can get you business.

Anyway, we did have debates about some workout he showed Jeremy Stephens doing in his videos. The explanations made no sense, but honestly, I could see how some of the workouts could help a fighter. I remember him doing sprints throwing medicine balls etc, there was some good things.

Naudi drove people nuts back in the day. That was before my time here, so unfortunately I missed it too.

If you are a good BSer, high confidence even leaning more to the arrogant side, you can really take off with clients! They buy it. It's kinda funny but true. He acts like he knows what he's talking about and confidence can get you business.

Anyway, we did have debates about some workout he showed Jeremy Stephens doing in his videos. The explanations made no sense, but honestly, I could see how some of the workouts could help a fighter. I remember him doing sprints throwing medicine balls etc, there was some good things.

Naudi drove people nuts back in the day. That was before my time here, so unfortunately I missed it too.
I actually agree. When it comes to using the "kinetic chain"/your whole body in unison, balance and co-ordination he actually has some pretty solid drills sometimes. I don't like to say it, but I have to admit that. Some of the principles are applicable. That's because he gets some of it from other professionals and puts his own spin on it. A broken clock is right twice a day.

The problem is, and that's 99% of what he does, that he makes bullshit claims, is too "creative" with what he does, makes claims that are not true and doesn't know enough about what transfers to what. He also believes in pseudo science and thinks he's the smartest guy in the world. It annoys me to no end when he talks about "myofascial, thoratic blablabla" constantly to sound smart. Also, the way he totally writes off various weight exercises is stupid, and a lot of what he does is a complete waste of time.

I've had issues with duck feet myself (or still have), and thats how I initially bumped into his channel.

Any opinions here on the method he uses?

I've had issues with duck feet myself (or still have), and thats how I initially bumped into his channel.

Any opinions here on the method he uses?

Again, he is taking something that has some merit in anatomy and using it to talk out of his ass.

What he is saying is, that duck feet, or feet which are rotated outward is a result of the gluteus maximus (which is the largest glute muscles, it extends the hip and externally rotate the hip) and glut. medius (which abduct the hips and internally and externally rotate the hips) being too active. At the same time the internal rotators and adductors are weak. That's his theory, and logically it makes sense somehow. However, that doesn't have to be the case at all. Many people with duckfeet have weak glutes and strong adductors. Let's not forget, that while the glut. medius muscle does externally rotate the hip, the anterior fibres internally rotates the hip. It has both functions. The external rotators can be in a shortened state and still weak. There are also the issues of anatomical factors and capsular factors. Some of us simply have more outwardly rotated hip bones.

As for the exercise he is doing. He's using the broom for postural cueing like thoratic extention, activation of the neck flexors (chin tucked) and a posterior tilt of the pelvis. All completely reasonable to do if it's warranted. As for the actualy "duck feet fix", he's having the guy purposely stand with feet straight forward and pushing knees together activating the adductors as we talked about earlier. The guy stands like that for a little while and feels feet more naturally points forward afterwards. Does it work?

I don't know. Keeping his feet forward and using any kind of isometric contraction would probably give the same result. The problem is that he makes a, often faulty, hypothesis and then spouts it as absolute truth. The exercise is definitely not something I would do with someone who has knee valgus and pronated feet as it would likely make the problem worse.

Generally I'd focus more on single leg work in a small range of motion, while being able to control the feet and rotation of the hip, if I was to address duckfeet. The question is, is it even a problem? I know a girl who's one of the fastest track runners in the country. She tends to walk a little duck footed, but when she runs there is no sign of that at all.

The question is, is it even a problem? I know a girl who's one of the fastest track runners in the country. She tends to walk a little duck footed, but when she runs there is no sign of that at all.

As with me, it definitely is. Aside from looking shitty when I walk, I also suffered an ACL/MCL injury years ago and that injury still keeps coming back. I'm thinking the foot pointing in north-west direction and the knee possible pointing in north-east direction when it happen(ed)s, could be related to it. Having walked a million steps that way and squats, it's sooner or later going to explode and lead to an injury....but then again I wonder why it happened with my left knee, not my right knee (I'm left-footed).

Also they point outward when I lay down on my back...my legs (or maybe hip flexors) automatically sort of collapse to the sides. Here I have to explore wether I need to stretch the hip flexors or strenghten them.
I could also have a very tight Iliopsoas, since that muscle may be more relaxed when we're on our stomach and it is more stretched when we're on our back. That muscle is the most powerful hip flexor in our body, but it also does External rotation of our leg.

What ACL injury specifcly? A small grade tear? The majority of ACL injuries happens in knee valgus, small knee angle, internal rotation of the femur and under de-acceleration. The valgus collapse would make sense as to why your MCL was affected too. Duck feet certainly wont help, but there are other equally important factors. Besides being a physio myself, I tore my ACL some years ago and had it replaced. Your best bet would be to go get an assesment from a qualified professional. Generally, strenghtening your glut medius, hamstrings and feet, and getting control of your hip rotations with single leg exercises will help. It's all about the quality of the work though.

My feet points outward too when I lay on my back. That is completely normal. As I said, we have different hip anatomy.
to1-figure-9.jpg

247.png

So forth. Don't mistake the "abnormal" for not common.

However, what we all share, more or less, is the loose packed or "open packed" position of the hip. Which is about 30* flexion, 30* abduction and some external rotation: http://www.physio-pedia.com/Hip_Anatomy#Open_Packed_Position It's the position where your ligaments and capsule is most relaxed in the hip, so naturally when you lie down and relax your feet will externally rotate. How much depends on your hip anatomy. It has nothing to do with your hip flexors.

Some hip flexors like the m. sartorious externally rotate the hip, others like the m. tensor fascia latea internally rotate the hip. Iliopsoas will do little either way.

It's all good and well to stretch your hip flexors out. If you want to look for stretching and release techniques, I'd recommend Brent Brookbush on youtube. He knows his anatomy very well. If you want to strengthen your knee and train for injury prevention go to a physio, not Naudi. Even coaches like Joel Seedman have some very good material on foot and knee stability.

Lol, did he actually say that? What an arrogant dude.

Would have been fun to be around here when he posted. My guess is that he took off pretty quickly?

Yep, he pretty much said exactly that. That was in his first post here. It was a typical 100+ post flame-athon. IIRC he popped up again when the first fighter he was training was about to have his first MMA fight,

I like to think that the rough ride he got here is one of the reason he attacks lifters and lifting so much.

That fucker flat out said that he comes to a conclusion, and THEN finds the academia to back it up (and by academia, I mean poorly interpreted studies and excerpts from physical therapists) and somehow makes it his strength training doctrine.

It's absolutely batshit crazy.

laugh all you want, but he is probably the most successful trainer to post here.

Actually, I dont know how successful he is because the only time I hear about him is in this forum, but you guys make it seem like he has great infamy.

What a garbage video. By developing muscles you will starve the brain of its metabolic demands lol

I am sure he has some fanboys that are afraid to eat or lift anything heavy that will lap it up though.

That fucker flat out said that he comes to a conclusion, and THEN finds the academia to back it up (and by academia, I mean poorly interpreted studies and excerpts from physical therapists) and somehow makes it his strength training doctrine.

Lol.

laugh all you want, but he is probably the most successful trainer to post here.

Actually, I dont know how successful he is because the only time I hear about him is in this forum, but you guys make it seem like he has great infamy.

Joel Jamieson?? I remember when he came here back before he was big. He spouted some similar shit to naudi but managed to back it up. That is the difference between a professional and whatever Naudi has become. Don't get me wrong I actually like some of his stuff, but he doesn't actually know why it works and how to apply it correctly with a good S&C program.

I have certain stuff that works well for me that I found out through trial and error, but I wouldn't create a whole system off it. I also wouldn't go around and attack everyone else and say they were wrong and only I was right. His stuff is just variations on other more successful coaches, he just uses different tools and tries to make it seem more complicated than it is.

it's not just his lack of competence in the weight lifting / s&c department. I don't like his functional training methods too much either ...what do you think about his newest one? I'm not a PT, but that's not how I'd go about a knee valgus.

He's repeatedly said he thinks that almost everyone who conducts studies are corrupt and don't know what they're talking about, and that any study that isn't specifically conducted on FP trained people is useless

Back