***NBA Regular Season Discussion v3 : Loston Saltics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curry hit 9 threes, that's ridiculous

Lebron chooses to lift/juice so using the body type argument is patently absurd. There aren't really any players his exact body type barring Larry Johnson? (A bit shorter), or a C like Mourning or maybe Embiid nowadays. So one then has to go to people with similar size. Most nba players are thin, but Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Embiid, Speights, etc... all weigh more

Karl malone is similar size and body type as lebron

Anthony Mason
Larry Johnson
Zo
Admiral
Ron attest
Dwert

So all bigs hahahaha

Many of which shoot at least 4-5 % better
Grandmama shot in the 80s a few times

God damn embiid and Simmons get put on show against the big boys.

What's really odd is Westbrook shot in the low-mid 80s from the line for 7 straight seasons, and then 73.7 last year and 63.5 thus far this year
Wtf

So all bigs hahahaha

My dude, I'm honestly having a hard time following your train of reasoning here. So now you're knocking LBJ because he's a natural PF with PG skills?

What's really odd is Westbrook shot in the low-mid 80s from the line for 7 straight seasons, and then 73.7 last year and 63.5 thus far this year
Wtf
Westbrick is one of the most overrated players ever in the nba.

My dude, I'm honestly having a hard time following your train of reasoning here. So now you're knocking LBJ because he's a natural PF with PG skills?
Hes played 63% of his career from his named position of SF. Even when hes slotted at the 4 he still spends mad time on the wing.
Hes a huge guy but hes still a wing which is who he should be compared to. There are quite a few sizable PFs like Love and Aldridge who shoot better but just don't lift heavy. They don't count?

Karl malone is similar size and body type as lebron

Anthony Mason
Larry Johnson
Zo
Admiral
Ron attest
Dwert
So all bigs hahahaha

"Many of which shoot at least 4-5% better"

Well let's just see about that...

LeBron 74%
Mason 71%
LJ 77%
DRob 74%
Artest 72%
Dwert 57%

Literally none of these guys shoot "at least 4-5% better" than LBJ and in fact only one shoots better and it's LJ by 3%

Last edited:
Hes played 63% of his career from his named position of SF. Even when hes slotted at the 4 he still spends mad time on the wing.
Hes a huge guy but hes still a wing which is who he should be compared to.
Ok and he's the 2nd greatest wing of all time. What's your point?

Gunt when you don't source actual facts and make claims like "Many of which shoot at least 4-5% better" which turn out to be objectively false after like 2 mins of research, it's hard to take your emotional arguments seriously

Feel free to list them. I'm all ears
I'm trying to see how disingenuous you guys are gonna be
First WLU argued this months back from a pure size standpoint, he even listed the height/weight cutoff and i immediately named 10-15 guys that fit. I admit i didn't read 'body type' but 'body size' earlier today, that's on me. No i wasn't implying Aldridge is the same body type, but their size is pretty damn similar.

For this exact objective, the fact none of you have even considered career 81.7% FT shooter David West tells me all I need to know.

I'm trying to see how disingenuous you guys are gonna be
First WLU argued this months back from a pure size standpoint, he even listed the height/weight cutoff and i immediately named 10-15 guys that fit. I admit i didn't read 'body type' but 'body size' earlier today, that's on me. No i wasn't implying Aldridge is the same body type, but their size is pretty damn similar.

For this exact objective, the fact none of you have even considered career 81.7% FT shooter David West tells me all I need to know.
So because David West is an outlier who shoots 82% from the line, LeBron -- who clearly shoots at least "good" for his bodytype -- is a can?

And remind me again why a career 74% FT clip somehow disqualifies someone from ATG status?

Yes, it would make LeBron even better if he could shoot 80%. And Jordan would be even better if he could shoot 40% from 3. What's your point?

So because David West is an outlier who shoots 82% from the line, LeBron -- who clearly shoots at least "good" for his bodytype -- is a can?

And remind me again why a career 74% FT clip somehow disqualifies someone from ATG status?
He's literally the worst clutch FT shooter in the league over numerous seasons, like statistically that's a fact. When being compared to all time GOATs, things like that and a horrid Finals record aren't exactly brightspots, and shouldn't be ignored
he also chooses to lift weights, so how that's an argument in his favor i'm not sure.

He's literally the worst clutch FT shooter in the league over numerous seasons, like statistically that's a fact. When being compared to all time GOATs, things like that and a horrid Finals record aren't exactly brightspots, and shouldn't be ignored
he also chooses to lift weights, so how that's an argument in his favor i'm not sure.
Who are these all time GOATs and what's their clutch FT%? Seems like the consensus top 5 GOAT arguments consist of MJ, Bron, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Shaq, Bird. Of those GOAT candidates only MJ, Magic and Bird are better from the line. I acknowledge MJ > LeBron, do you contend that Magic and/or Bird > LeBron? Because we can have that debate if you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back