NBA urges players to voice themselves on social issues.

Are we likely to see the NBA promoting social justice this season?

• Total voters
ESPN is in trouble. They paid out a huge amount of money to get live sports contracts with several of the major leagues. Between the increased amount of people cord cutting, decreased ratings for the NFL (ESPN's Monday Night Football is supposedly down 25% or more since 2015), and turning into MSNBC Sports Network, they are really feeling the pinch.

They've had large layoffs of journalists and talking heads this year already and laid off hundreds of non-on air personnel in 2015. Now they have inexperienced kids like this working the games.
http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/espn-sideline-reporter-melts-down-on-monday-night-football/

If last night is indicative of their typical sports broadcast, it's not surprising that MNF viewership is down.

Sunday night is significantly better.

If last night is indicative of their typical sports broadcast, it's not surprising that MNF viewership is down.

Sunday night is significantly better.
And honestly, it seems like the NFL really screwed ESPN. Before ESPN had the rights MNF was the premier game of the week. Only teams that were great last year got scheduled to play. But since then seems like they've made Sunday Night the big weekly match up when possible.

And honestly, it seems like the NFL really screwed ESPN. Before ESPN had the rights MNF was the premier game of the week. Only teams that were great last year got scheduled to play. But since then seems like they've made Sunday Night the big weekly match up when possible.

You're right. Sunday Night used to get the shit games...

However, I admit I love Sunday night better now. With family and kids, Monday isn't always the best time time to watch football.

You're right. Sunday Night used to get the shit games...

However, I admit I love Sunday night better now. With family and kids, Monday isn't always the best time time to watch football.
That's when SNF was on ESPN and MNF was on ABC. NBC can flex games later in the season too.

Don't care because this doesn't effect me at all. Don't watch basketball and don't follow any basketball players on social media.

Back