NBA Yoff Thread V2. Rockets get Low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons took 11 threes all year?? lol wtf. that doesnt sound like "the process"

And all of those attempts were like halfcourt shots with time expiring.

Brown said he didn't even want Simmons worrying about his shot this year, just wanted him to learn how to run the offense and work on his D.

He'll be working on his shot next year and going forward.

Faultz was supposed to be the shooter along with JJ. Luckily they got Bel before the postseason

wall holds the ball forever. why do you think other players were frustrated with him?? it wasnt the fans making this shit up.

he is a ball dominant guy. the wizards play a style predicated on it when he is on the floor. In the playoffs that style gets shut down by good teams more often than not. The best teams are ball movement orientated. Its also why Westbrook will never win.

Maybe its the personnel, maybe its Wall, maybe its the coaching strategy etc. Any way you cut it, he gets a shit ton of assists off drive and kick, PnR etc but he doesnt make the simple pass and Wizards arent a great ball movement team.

Raptors used to be the same. Lowry and DeMar always made the play or took the shot. Little ball movement. Playoffs come and you get shut the fuck down. Wall and Westbrook either will adapt or always lose.
You're harping on a style and problem that got hugely exaggerated (as in made far more prevalent, not that it wasn't an issue) this season when he tried to play through a knee injury that required surgery despite nothing actually happening. They were one Kelly Olynik (of all people) hot streak in the 4th quarter from going to the ECF last year. No one was frustrated then. Not a real concern unless he's already losing his legs (possible, but seems unlikely).

As for 'doesn't make the simple pass' I genuinely have no clue what you're talking about. He makes simple passes to let others set up all the time. He's as ball dominant as they need him to be given no one else can create and they aren't a great passing team.

Anyway, I shouldn't have taken the initial bait. He had a terrible season. Everyone get your licks in now before he goes MVP next season. Lol.

I'll say it right now - in April, 2018 Anthony Davis is the best player in the NBA. Why? Because he doesn't try to be the GM and f**k his team up in the process like a certain other player.

Lol what a bs call on Embiid
He and the rest of the sixers got their fair share of calls and then some. Friendly was definately going their way - not that I'm complaining - Miami a bunch of fake tough guys. James Johnson kept on doing the whole thug intimidation on Simmons who basically laughed at him before burying his team.

Never thought I would see a real Wall fan in the wild like this.

He and the rest of the sixers got their fair share of calls and then some. Friendly was definately going their way - not that I'm complaining - Miami a bunch of fake tough guys. James Johnson kept on doing the whole thug intimidation on Simmons who basically laughed at him before burying his team.
Disagree, I thought Miami got quite a few questionable calls in their favour but..

“Johnson is of African-American and Samoan heritage. Johnson holds a second-degree black belt in karate and fought in his first mixed martial arts bout at age 18. He has an undefeated record in seven MMA matches, while also holding a 20–0 record in kickboxing matches.”

He would put the whole Sixers roster in the ground

I think Harden disrespects the wolves so much that he literally fell asleep while setting up a play at 6:10

Never thought I would see a real Wall fan in the wild like this.
I'm in these streets every day. Me and my lonesome. And where he at? Huh? You put it in his ear. Beri Blowslow is not a man for this town.

Disagree, I thought Miami got quite a few questionable calls in their favour but..

“Johnson is of African-American and Samoan heritage. Johnson holds a second-degree black belt in karate and fought in his first mixed martial arts bout at age 18. He has an undefeated record in seven MMA matches, while also holding a 20–0 record in kickboxing matches.”

He would put the whole Sixers roster in the ground
haha yes but this is basketball not MMA. In terms of basketball physical and mental toughness, the 21 year old Philly rookie will beat him 101 times out 100. Like in this game. And if Ben Simmons trained for 1 year MMA he'd beat him there as well.

Embiid could already choke him out within 20 seconds I'm sure.

Lol at bringing up Karate in here. MMA is what real athletes do when they retire if they don't take up golf.

haha yes but this is basketball not MMA. In terms of basketball physical and mental toughness, the 21 year old Philly rookie will beat him 101 times out 100. Like in this game. And if Ben Simmons trained for 1 year MMA he'd beat him there as well.

Embiid could already choke him out within 20 seconds I'm sure.
Embiid definitely has a glass chin

Nervous-Kid-Looks-Down.gif

It's so hard to watch Houston and believe this is the best team in basketball. They've got their shooters, their role defenders, their quality big, but it just seems like a house of cards. They're always a few cold games from getting upset. It's a great strategy for a long season, but they have no other way to win (other than the bail out whistle).

Game over. Playoff Harden sucks. Game one was an outlier.

teague must be on roids. never seen him play this hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back