need advice on boxing gear

well here are my problems
1- I don't like Thai style gloves i really like the grip bar
2- I hate squishy pillowy gloves I like to feel some impact on my hands

If you hate Squishy gloves then you hate sparring gloves.

If you want a dense glove those are not really made for sparring, although I have seen pics of guys sparring in JC Pacheco's in Mejico. Maybe try the Triumph United Death Adders as those got pretty good reviews. Don't know if they are recommended for sparring although.

Or the stock Ring to cage C17 2.0 is a good glove for the money.

<mma4> .

if u ahve 150 budget ucould get a custom pair from top boxer but then ud need shipping too

tbh if i were you id get the ring to cage winning clones for 99 dollars iv heard nothing but good things about them they are basically the go to mid level gloves

stay away from those wussy thai gloves

Topboxer does free shipping included in the cost... Wussy thai gloves? lmao

You may like Boon gloves

Bought these last year at 14oz. Fantastic quality but they felt like a size for thai hands. I barely could get my hands into them without wrap and it was impossible to
get them in with wrap. I am not that huge at 5``11 and 190lbs. They have excellent wrist support (best glove in that area with Cleto I tested)

So maybe just test Boon in 16Oz and keep in mind they may be too small regarding what your hand size is.

tbh if i were you id get the ring to cage winning clones for 99 dollars iv heard nothing but good things about them they are basically the go to mid level gloves

That would imo be a very good choice. But cant order in my country without very high transportation costs.

well what I'm considering till now

1- Cleto Reyes but worried about using them in sparring
2- Casanovas but worried that they have durbility issues like the Sabas
3- Firtex BGV9 the sparring agian
4- Ring to cage but not sure about the quality
5- Rival but not sure what to pick they have separate sparring gloves and bag gloves

well what I'm considering till now

1- Cleto Reyes but worried about using them in sparring
2- Casanovas but worried that they have durbility issues like the Sabas
3- Firtex BGV9 the sparring agian
4- Ring to cage but not sure about the quality
5- Rival but not sure what to pick they have separate sparring gloves and bag gloves

1) Reyes cost more than 150, they are around 170, they are nice (want to try them in future too) but puncher gloves.
2) Why are you worried about Casanova Durability? They don't have any connection with Sabas.
3) Fairtex BGL9 aren't good for sparring, they are also tight! I think not for you.
4) Just bought a pair of ring to Cage C17, bought on amazon for 75 USD on sale, they are nice to see. But not sure about durability and overall quality... they are made in Pakistan, leather is not top quality.
5) Rival makes sparring and bag gloves, so if you need a pair for both is not for you. I've also read many bad reviews about them, and they don't make laces gloves. I don't like also their look.

I would go with Casanova or Reyes, or at least Ring to Cage. Consider quality of both Casanova and Reyes is superior than Ring to Cage, but price too! Reyes cost 70-100 USD more.

Last edited:
Back