Need advice on losing fat

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Khabibs Tiramisu, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

If you don't want to gain muscle mass and simply lose weight in a healthy way, then it's pretty simple:

1. Do tons of cardio be it running, cycling, swimming or rope skipping. it doesn't have to be all of those, you can choose to simply run everyday but if you mix it up a bit it might avoid you burning out. This is how you will lose weight without putting on muscle mass, by doing cardio. If you do workouts that work your arms, core, back etc. you could potentially put on muscle mass especially if it involves weights.

2. Stick to eating lots of vegetables, and some fruits, fish and poultry (chicken & turkey). No sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol, no read meat.

3. Drink a lot of water everyday until a couple of days before the final weigh in where you can reduce the amount you drink a bit.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 weeks is not crazy depending on how fat or skinny you are already.

Khabibs Tiramisu likes this.
  2. MiroHa

MiroHa Red Belt

I'm one week into a low carb diet where I've kept daily carb intake below 20 grams or so and I started feeling the first effects of the switch on last Wednesday and had a mild keto flu on Thursday and Friday. During the weekend I started feeling more energetic and now I feel pretty much normal.

Personally I think a lot of people don't limit their daily carb intake enough hence they don't fully switch over in a week or so. I can speak from experience because I did a less restricted low carb diet a few years ago doing construction work and I felt like shit for a few weeks (although I also didn't get enought fats in my diet).

I haven't tested my ketones but all the symptoms matched so I'm pretty sure I'm almost in full ketosis right now.

3. Saint Of The K

Saint Of The K Green Belt

4. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

This is great white belt material. While nearly broke and living in the Netherlands I sustained myself on eating day old Tompouce (pastry, icing, and custard), before it was thrown out by the bakery next door. I probably average almost 20 a day or ~6000 calories. Now it's true that I happened to be training (or racing) 3-6hrs a day, but I was able to maintain my weight which was 142 - 145lbs.

I wouldn't recommend it but it's definitely possible to live and perform off shitty food only, and to maintain weight.

5. corpse

corpse Random Belt

why no red meat?

6. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

There's more fat in red meat, and it takes longer to digest.

It's also not essential in your diet if you're already eating fish and poultry.

A lot of athletes don't eat red meat when preparing fro competitions.

Khabibs Tiramisu, 7even and corpse like this.
  7. val_lixembeau

val_lixembeau Blue Belt

I don't know if you would consider this cheating, but have you considered doing a water cut in the last days of the contest?

8. corpse

corpse Random Belt

thanks.
    never heard that athletes stay away from red meat.

9. Mbmmax

Mbmmax Yellow Belt

Be sure to accurately count calories. Calorie in calorie out, it's all about the math.

I prefer long runs with my cutting to drop weight fast, but really it's mainly about the calorie restriction. Do whatever exercises you enjoy and can stick with.

10. harn123

harn123 White Belt

I would suggest you to drink warm water with lemon in the morning. It can help you in losing weight. Also proper diet plan is necessary, i will suggest you to watch this for dieting plan.

11. Saint Of The K

Saint Of The K Green Belt

"Discover how you can easily lose up to 16 lbs of body fat in just 14 days".

LOL. Sure looks like a great link!

12. Myprotein

Myprotein White Belt

Calorie deficit > over any fad to lose weight.

It’s boring and not very marketable but that’s how you lose weight.

13. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Black Belt

how about hitting/kicking the punching bag?

14. ocean size

ocean size Brown Belt

No joke, if I wanted to win I would fast with BCAA's. I wouldn't fuck with the big plate though unless it was carb free, at least for the last week.

In the last week, if you aren't going keto, do it then. You will lose so much weight, not because it is a magic diet, but because without the sugar coming in you will lose a shitload of water weight.

The last two days I would do a water cut, drink less, and then before weigh in get on an exercise bike with trash bags under your clothes. Don't overdo it and die.

15. ocean size

ocean size Brown Belt

This^

If you are good enough at counting calories, you don't need keto- until the last week, because you need to lose that water.

16. Clippy

Clippy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's too late now but earlier in the competition you should have weighted yourself down, pieces of heavy metal in your pockets, take a little out each time

The results on the scales would lead you to victory - huge numbers at the start, low numbers at the end

William Huggins likes this.
  17. William Huggins

William Huggins Green Belt

Drink Mercury to start with.......have a tea party.........iron some hat brims.....

Clippy likes this.
  18. cooks1

cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

Give up on it, and wait till the next one. Weight loss contests are won and lost not on where you finish, but where you start.

You have to do heavy carb loading with massive salt and water intake for 72-96 hours before the initial weigh ins, so your 'start weight' is 12-15 pounds more than your normal walk around weight.