Need advice on losing fat

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Khabibs Tiramisu, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

If you don't want to gain muscle mass and simply lose weight in a healthy way, then it's pretty simple:

1. Do tons of cardio be it running, cycling, swimming or rope skipping. it doesn't have to be all of those, you can choose to simply run everyday but if you mix it up a bit it might avoid you burning out. This is how you will lose weight without putting on muscle mass, by doing cardio. If you do workouts that work your arms, core, back etc. you could potentially put on muscle mass especially if it involves weights.

2. Stick to eating lots of vegetables, and some fruits, fish and poultry (chicken & turkey). No sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol, no read meat.

3. Drink a lot of water everyday until a couple of days before the final weigh in where you can reduce the amount you drink a bit.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 weeks is not crazy depending on how fat or skinny you are already.

Khabibs Tiramisu likes this.
  2. MiroHa

MiroHa Red Belt

I'm one week into a low carb diet where I've kept daily carb intake below 20 grams or so and I started feeling the first effects of the switch on last Wednesday and had a mild keto flu on Thursday and Friday. During the weekend I started feeling more energetic and now I feel pretty much normal.

Personally I think a lot of people don't limit their daily carb intake enough hence they don't fully switch over in a week or so. I can speak from experience because I did a less restricted low carb diet a few years ago doing construction work and I felt like shit for a few weeks (although I also didn't get enought fats in my diet).

I haven't tested my ketones but all the symptoms matched so I'm pretty sure I'm almost in full ketosis right now.

3. Saint Of The K

Saint Of The K Green Belt

4. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

This is great white belt material. While nearly broke and living in the Netherlands I sustained myself on eating day old Tompouce (pastry, icing, and custard), before it was thrown out by the bakery next door. I probably average almost 20 a day or ~6000 calories. Now it's true that I happened to be training (or racing) 3-6hrs a day, but I was able to maintain my weight which was 142 - 145lbs.

I wouldn't recommend it but it's definitely possible to live and perform off shitty food only, and to maintain weight.

5. corpse

corpse Random Belt

why no red meat?

6. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

There's more fat in red meat, and it takes longer to digest.

It's also not essential in your diet if you're already eating fish and poultry.

A lot of athletes don't eat red meat when preparing fro competitions.

Khabibs Tiramisu, 7even and corpse like this.
  7. val_lixembeau

val_lixembeau Blue Belt

I don't know if you would consider this cheating, but have you considered doing a water cut in the last days of the contest?

8. corpse

corpse Random Belt

thanks.
    never heard that athletes stay away from red meat.

9. Mbmmax

Mbmmax White Belt

Be sure to accurately count calories. Calorie in calorie out, it's all about the math.

I prefer long runs with my cutting to drop weight fast, but really it's mainly about the calorie restriction. Do whatever exercises you enjoy and can stick with.