Need Input About Winning Order

smittywerben_box

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello Sherdoggers,

I recently ordered my first pair of Winnings from Rakuten - Koubudo. I ordered a pair of MS-300 in Red with custom print on them. Koubudo recently emailed me and said that they have so many orders that my order will take around 4 months to complete. Should I wait until America-Ya gets the MS-300 back in stock, go through Winning USA (live near the area, would love to meet Kaz), or just wait the 4 months? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Go with Kaz, especially since you live near him, he's a good dude.

be warned....

Call Kaz. He will pick up and tell you not to call him, that he prefers email (assuming he picks up). Try not to be put off by Kaz. He does the same spiel every single time. He will ask you why you want winning, to not buy winning and that it's expensive yada yada. Tell him when you want to come in, and he'll let you know when he's available.

Be prepared to spend a little time at the showroom. It's an amazing place (tiny) but he does have a ton in stock. He cannot do printing onsite. I know that he can do custom orders, but he'll have it mailed to you. He does charge CA tax if you live there or are having things shipped there.

He has stories, he'll want a picture with you, and maybe you'll meet his wife. Just go in with an open and patient mind. One time, I didn't even buy anything and he gave me a winning hat which was super nice of him. But if you're in Socal, definitely worth it. Kaz has met literally I think almost everyone who's anyone in the boxing world.

be warned....

Call Kaz. He will pick up and tell you not to call him, that he prefers email (assuming he picks up). Try not to be put off by Kaz. He does the same spiel every single time. He will ask you why you want winning, to not buy winning and that it's expensive yada yada. Tell him when you want to come in, and he'll let you know when he's available.

Be prepared to spend a little time at the showroom. It's an amazing place (tiny) but he does have a ton in stock. He cannot do printing onsite. I know that he can do custom orders, but he'll have it mailed to you. He does charge CA tax if you live there or are having things shipped there.

He has stories, he'll want a picture with you, and maybe you'll meet his wife. Just go in with an open and patient mind. One time, I didn't even buy anything and he gave me a winning hat which was super nice of him. But if you're in Socal, definitely worth it. Kaz has met literally I think almost everyone who's anyone in the boxing world.

This honestly makes me like him even more. Thank you for sharing

also... probably best not to bring up Rakuten, Koubudo, Kozuji, America-Ya, or any of that stuff. First off, the prices are now comparable if you take into consideration the shipping fees, America Ya's 10% handling, and the customs cost. Secondly, he's not super tech savvy and doesn't care if you can find the gloves at a cheaper price elsewhere. Do not try to haggle, and just try to be patient with him. He's an old man that's seen some amazing things. Also, he had some sick gold winnings in stock last time I was there.

@makedansure - As someone who's never been to California is the general area near Kaz's shop a place where tourists, such as myself, would go to? Been wanting to visit the State and if there's a lot to do in this general area on top of seeing the Winning shop I'd look into making a trip.

The best thing about the shop is that it's in redondo, which is pretty damn close to LAX if you're flying in.

Redondo is a little quiet. They have a nice pier. Definitely not the LA vibe, I would have to say that it's much more similar to Long Beach rather than Santa Monica/Venice. Just my opinion.

The LA area is very spread out with no great ways to get around. Traffic is no fun, but there's almost no other way. Definitely worth checking out, especially Freddie Roach's place in Hollywood.

Why wouldnt you go to the store if you live close? And Kaz like some others have said is a character. He will tell you that you dont need expensive gloves and want to know why you want to pay so much. Its definitely an experience.

May I ask, why are you dead set on winning? Do they fit your hands better, or have you just heard they are good?

I've always done perfect with Everlast, Grant and Cleto Reyes.

Why wouldnt you go to the store if you live close? And Kaz like some others have said is a character. He will tell you that you dont need expensive gloves and want to know why you want to pay so much. Its definitely an experience.

I cancelled the order! Funny thing was I read Koubudo was not that well versed in English. I had asked if it was too late to cancel and they just cancelled it anyway.

May I ask, why are you dead set on winning? Do they fit your hands better, or have you just heard they are good?

I've always done perfect with Everlast, Grant and Cleto Reyes.

I've tried many gloves such as Everlast, Reyes, Grants, Fairtex, R2C, Fighting, Title, Ringside, and Pro Boxing Supplies. All are well sufficient enough but out all the gloves I've owned and tried, the R2C C17 is my favorite. Since it is a winning copy I actually wanted to get winnings since I loved the C17 so much. I just chose the pro fight glove version because I do not own pro fight gloves nor do I wish to turn pro. Since I won't ever turn pro, I just want to know how these feel (and use them of course) and have these as a "what if" treasure so to speak. The only time I ever wore 10's were sweaty ones at amateur bouts since I was never the first bout of any card I fought. These gloves were either Ringside or Title.

If anyone is wondering I use

16oz Powerlock for Sparring (enjoying them so far)
16oz R2C C17 for Bag and Pads (retired sparring glove)
14oz Fighting Sports Training Glove (bag and pads rotation)

I cancelled the order! Funny thing was I read Koubudo was not that well versed in English. I had asked if it was too late to cancel and they just cancelled it anyway.
Shouldn’t have cancelled. I ordered the MS300 probably when you did and got the same message about the four month delay. I just received an email informing me that they have been shipped.

Update time.

I saw America-ya had the gloves in stock and I ended up ordering from them. The main reason is that I have this app called "Ebates". Basically whenever you shop online you will get money back in the form of a rebate. Since I ordered near cyber week an awesome deal was going on and I will be getting a check in the mail for $60 since Rakuten is involved with the app. I usually use this app for clothing and other online shopping and it works. So I essentially got 60 dollars off winning.

I'm still planning on meeting Kaz soon though. I need a cup.

Damn Rakuten. Now they decide to have a 2,500 JPY off coupon.

RUQP-O2O1-KAEC-QKNH

Back